GTX 970 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ScoobyDooby, Sep 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    of course we're interested, keep them coming.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Great, will do :)

3. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Congrats ScoobyDooby for that cards.imho you need now a new cpu,more powerful. :D
    The temps are great.

4. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    That is looking sweet!

5. AaronT

AaronT Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G SLI
    I have finally decided to build another gaming PC and ditch the gaming laptops.

All new gear, so time to start my build.

Starting with one GTX 970 but looking at some of these posts I will be keen to get a second card in SLI very quickly.

6. ignigena

ignigena Member

GPU:
    GTX980Ti 6GB
    gygabite 970 g1 lenght

Anybody knows how long is it? In Gygabite's web it is said 310 mm or so, but in the review in guru3d it is said to be between 290 and 300mm. Maybe they are measuring it in different ways. My case, tu200 lian li, only accept GPUs up to 300mm and if there is any chance I can go with the G1 I would take it.

7. Gripen90

Gripen90 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    I upgraded from 3x GTX 780 863@941/1502Mhz to 3x Gainward GTX 970 1050@1151/1753Mhz. I wanted lower power consumption, less noise, less heat. The 970's delivered !.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 2kool2btrue

2kool2btrue New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Dual X
    Hello everyone!
    Just joined. Would you guys recommend upgrading from a 7970 to a GTX 970? The prices here in India are ridiculously high though. A Zotac GTX 970 (base variant) costs Rs. 27500 ($460) and the Omega edition costs Rs. 30000($500) while the Asus GTX 970 Strix costs Rs. 35000 ($580).
    It's not too much value here right now. I would still be interested in knowing if it is worth the switch.
    I game on a 1080p monitor and the rest of my specs include an i5-4570 CPU and 8GB (4x2) Corsair Vengeance RAM.

Thanks!

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Hope you have a SLI bridge on the cards now otherwise the bottom card is just sitting there looking pretty.

10. Spenty

Spenty Active Member

GPU:
    Titan X @ 1500/8000
    Seems we're going to need custom bios to break the 1600mhz mark unless you have an awesome chip.

Card will do 1500/2000 fine on stock voltage with 110% power, GPU-Z tells me PerfCap reason is voltage, if I add +87mv voltage it then splits the reason between voltage and power so we're gonna need the 150% power hack in Afterburner again.

With +87mv the max I can do is around 1586mhz boost clock. As such I'd rather run at stock voltage than add 87mv just for an extra 86mhz.

I've also noticed +87mv doesn't actually add that, the voltage under load at stock is 1.218 and with +87mv added it only goes to 1.25 under load. So only a +32mv increase.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Yessir, you are correct. Initially I thought I would upgrade to x99 and 5930k, but instead chose to go graphics and wait for skylake.
    So long as this upgrade can allow me to crush DA Inquisition, Witcher 3 and Star Citizen, I will be happy until then.

Thanks!!

Awesome decision, you will not be disappointed. These are amazing price/performance cards.

I didn't have a chance to measure, but can tonight when I get home if nobody else answers by then.

Awesome job man! Looks great! How are the temps with the gainward model?

I do Yes :) took the photo right after I installed the cards. Was too excited to put it on first haha. Thinking of grabbing one of the nicer bridges too.

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I'm kinda getting a SLI itch... Not this year though but next year maybe, probably. I really like to see how those MSI's work in SLI noise wise. Anything around 75c is just fine under load as long as it's not noisy. I wonder how cool they will stay in passive mode.

13. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Here's my results, no OC on anything...

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2816888

It's not something that I normally bother with is benchmarking TBH.

That brawn achievement is worrying me, my GPU is ready to rumble but my CPU doesn't want to play.
    Surely my CPU is powerful enough, no ?

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    CPU is fine, that achieve comes from gpu score > cpu score i think.

Anyways wouldnt hurt to run it at 4.4GHz, should be >12k physics score.

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    What are you running your 4770 at currently?

Firestrike seems to put a lot of weight toward the combined score. I have the same issue where I can't hit 10k on one card due to underpowered CPU.

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Also FYI, I have updated the OP to feature links to photo and benchmark posts in this thread for easy access.

Will try to keep it up to date as best I can.

17. Vipu2

Vipu2 Master Guru

GPU:
    1070ti
    Cant wait to see MSI SLI results too!
    Will get just 1 now but will upgrade to sli later when it gets cheaper and I have more need for it.

Remember more info is always better!
    Temps, noise, everything!

18. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    @ Agent and Scoobs.

thanks, that's a bit of a worry off my mind.

I have my 4770k at stock ATM. I did have it at 4.3 but I was encountering some real instability. Games would go on a crazy loop and the sound too, scary!

I'd like to push it again but not sure if I know what I'm doing enough.

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Should be relatively easy. Set CPU at 4ghz and go from there. Also, i would lock the cache frequency to 4ghz max.
    Thats likely what cause instability for you, needs like 1.2 volts for 4.0+. As for main frequency, 4.0-4.4~ should be achievable on stock core voltage.

20. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Funny i dont see anyone atm running metro last light, or crysis 3, or the new unigine valley benchmarks and then post your results and temps here let it work for 10 min or so, then make a screenshot and put those temps here :)

3dmark is nice but its not really a benchmark tool in my opinion, i still prefer for pure graphics test the metro last light benchmark, or the unigine valley bench :)

I am curious tho how a single or two gtx 980/970 would perform with the exact same settings as mine :p they wil probably kill that :p

examble:

[​IMG]