Gtx 780 ti owner thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by RPGgamesplayer, Nov 7, 2013.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    £730 I seen them listed over here since the ti, I even tried for one at £770 last week on finance, *ahem.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    can anyone help me with an online store that sell inno3d HerculeZ x3 ultra ?!!

tried ******************** but they don't ship to my location ( qatar )

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  4. inkarnat3

inkarnat3 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI
    The short answer is yes I am capable of hitting the VRAM limit.

The long answer, is well...long. I don't have the hardware to properly test (lack Titan's and higher res monitors) but I can say that at 6000x1080 with 3D on I can hit a playable framerate that *might* be limited by VRAM in 1 game (need to test more). From what I could tell with my old 670's is that once you surpassed the 2GB vram limit, whatever memory swapping is going on absolutely kills the performance, rendering it unplayable at those particular settings.

However I will add that I am starting to find more weight in the thought that the speed of the GPU is more of a limit than the amount of VRAM. The 780TI's almost feel to be "perfectly matched" with GPU speed and memory amount. Speeding up the GPU more would cause the amount of VRAM to quickly become the bottleneck, but keeping the GPU speed the same, more memory isn't necessarily going to "uncork it". (Again just my opinion!) I'm not referring to overclocking, just saying if the GPU were 100% faster, the memory would hold you back. If the memory were 100% more (6GB) I think the GPU is going to hold you back and the gains are minimal at best.

This is also me speaking about 780TI's in SLI. I would think there is diminishing returns of adding a 3rd or 4th card (beyond SLI scaling) due to the amount of VRAM. But I haven't tested this theory. I would imagine that 3x780TI's w/ 6GB would show an improvement over 3x780TI's w/ 3GB (Assuming you could test a game where SLI scaling issues didn't become the limiting factor). If I had to guess, 2x780TI's at 6GB aren't going to allow for more AA settings / higher benchmarks than the same setup with 3GB of ram.

I will say this: I feel bad for the guys running 3x 1440P screens! Need more GPU power and memory boys!

I will also add that I feel that 4k gaming w/ 3D is probably 2 years out and I can't even imagine, at this point in time, 3x2160p screens in surround. Heck I can't even imagine when that could even be possible....Yes I know we are just barely scratching the surface of 4k gaming and this is utter craziness, but I'm a dreamer man!

--Matt

5. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Guys. I have a question.
    I cant find any 780 TI in Canada yet. The only place I found is here

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=91735&vpn=03G-P4-2881-KR&manufacture=eVGA

They say it is available but it is not in stock now. I placed my order and it said that it is back order and will be shipped when is available.
    My question is if I still go with the purchase and lets say Monday Amazon Canada will get one finally will I be able to cancel my order here or it is final once I ordered it and I have to wait till they get them.
    I hope my question is not complicated because of my English.

Thanks in advance.

6. ARMYguy

ARMYguy Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan V
    Wow. That's close. im in Brunswick.

7. Retow

Retow Active Member

GPU:
    GTX780 ti
    this thread made me moist, just got back :D
    [​IMG]

8. Godimus

Godimus Active Member

GPU:
    everchanging
    Inkarnat3 so im on the fence between the Ti or the titan now i run nvidia surround @ 5760x1080 im fine with limited AA because im not a huge fan of it anyway.. i feel most people over use AA when it isn't needed.. IMO AA should be used to the minimum anyway... so im at a crossroads.. titan or 780ti.. im going to pull the trigger today on 1 of them for SLi/

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
  10. inkarnat3

inkarnat3 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI
    Honestly I would save the cash, get the 780TI's and also enjoy the extra performance over the Titan. To me this is the way to go even if money is no object.

11. inkarnat3

inkarnat3 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI
    Boo yeah!

12. inkarnat3

inkarnat3 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI
    Haha, that is awesome!

13. poo417

poo417 Master Guru

GPU:
    Enjoying my pair on my 120hz monitor. Actually getting 120+ fps in bf4 is nice until it crashes.....ALOT.......But it least it looks nice until then :bang:

14. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultr
    GTX 780 Ti @ 1287MHz Core 7700MHz Memory

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't wait for my second 780 TI to get here

15. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    how do you do 200 power target?

16. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultr
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  17. Violentum

Violentum Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Wow nice guys!

18. inkarnat3

inkarnat3 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI
    RPG....I have been running Skynet's bios since yesterday morning. Flashed both card, but mine aren't overclocking very good :(. I can do +100mhz on the GPU and +200mhz on the memory and so far, that is it.

I sort of got tired of the benching and OC failures that I decided to play games and maybe revisit it again next weekend.

--Matt

19. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    stock voltage
    1244mhz core
    7900mhz mem
    [​IMG]

second card should be here tuesday :D WHOOP WHOOP

20. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Maha Guru