Gtx 780 no video signal.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by dbogss, Mar 13, 2022.

1. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    Hi .

I have a problem with a gtx 780 GB GV-N780OC-3GD.
    It stopped abruptly in video applications, no longer loading menus, nothing (BF4, WOT).The card works ,fans spin.
    It belongs to a friend..
    The system on which it is mounted is an i72600k, non oc, GB GAZ68x-ud3h-B3,16 gb Corsair 1866 MHz motherboard , PSU-Corsair CX750.Win 10 Pro-21h2-build19044.1586.
    X mp is not on.
    Initialy the system had problems, the programs did not respond, the drivers were not updated correctly so i decided to reinstall win.
    This was done on a Samsung evo 250 GB.
    Everything was ok until loading win where it loses video signal and never returns back.Display port no, HDMI no, onboard GPU works, dedicated no signal after boot while loading win.

I installed the board in my system with the same result.
    The system works but the video signal disappears. After about a minute everything resets and win starts to enter repair mode even resulting in disk error on both systems.
    Both systems have Win 10 Pro installed,same versions.
    Bios was set to default settings and on his MB ,the battery was removed as well with no result.

Opinions ?
    Thanks.

2. ultraex2003

ultraex2003 Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd 2x290 Cfx
    I had the same issue before a month no post no nothing with my 760 and the subject had 2 memories dead usually burns 1- 2 or above are the memories of the card
    see if it can be repaired

3. mike707070

mike707070 New Member

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    dbogs ........ I had a same problem i think....... i only connecting screens to the hdmi port and display, so i was bizzy with my system ..........and had no image on my screens anymore. I thought my videocard died ...... afterwhile i noticed that the wide white connector from video card was still working. After that i found a post from someone with a tool/program to reset some problems .....after that it was okay. I don t know anymore or it was a a faulty driver from nvidea or something with windows 10? I look around for you or i can find that tool/[program for you ....... but nope. Try first older drivers .......

4. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    ...well i was hoping for some issue with the win:) ...at the moment we installed a 2060 with no issues.

5. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    you can not install anything it is not going in windows not even in safe mode:(

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    No signal to monitor, but fans spinning as normal is usually a sign of a dead card (probably repairable, but probably requires extensive expertise and tools). The best thing you can try is to switch the card around other PCIE lanes, try different cables/ports, maybe different power supply or even another system. But since you already did most of this, chances are it's dead for good.

I recently had this happen with not one, but two 3080Tis, still waiting on RMA on the second one. The difference was that before it "died", the monitor lost signal and the fans went to 100% RPM like crazy, and a forced shut down was needed and after that RIP...

Dragam1337 likes this.
  7. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    yap ..did change cables,systems, no result ...good he has a replacement card...i was wondering if is not a windows problem with all the recent updates and issues.....i could try to test it on an win8.or even 7 too see what happens