GTX 760 BSOD with 326.80

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by asura8, Sep 5, 2013.

1. asura8

asura8 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB
    Hello all!

I've been troubleshooting a custom computer for over a week now, and the problem seems to have been narrowed down finally to the nvidia drivers. I get repeated blue screens hitting ntoskrnl.exe that are only there with my GTX 760 card installed, that can come from as little as running Firefox.

I was wondering if this is a known issue related to the current drivers (it doesn't work with 320.49 either), or if this is something that I should be more RMAing.

I've done extensive debugging with Seven Forums, which is linked for people who want to verify the problem via minidumps and such. Hard drive checks and RAM checks have occurred without any issues.

Should I be trying the other fork drivers on this site? Should I be waiting for new drivers patiently? Should I be trying to get 314.22 to work? Halp please? :D

2. ltte

ltte Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1080 PE
    I have been getting similar problems with 326.80, had a BSOD code d1 in tomb raider opening movie and a BSOD code 1e in "Hard reset", when benchmark finished loading. With 326.41 I had quite a few TDRs in metro ll benchmark and tomb raider, but with 326.80 I have had BSOD but no TDRs.

In my case ntkrnlmp.exe was referenced. This is equivalent to ntoskrnl.exe and is seen when the CPU has hyperthreading (see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-ntkrnlmp-exe-vs-ntkrnlpa-exe-vs-ntkrpamp-exe).

Here is a link to minidump for BSOD 1e
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qzoqk743ahd3oi/BSOD-1e_090513-7800-01.zip

Here is a link to minidump BSOD d1 (ntkrnlmp.exe referenced) https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssi71w7v1...-tombraider2013-introvideo_083113-7644-01.zip

Don't have any solutions, waiting for next driver. I Believe the problem is quite rare. Hopefully my hardware is not to blame.

3. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    I`m using 326.80 with my 760 without any problem.

4. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    I have not had any problems since:

* I installed 326.80.
    * I stopped using Firefox.
    * I reverted core parking back to its default state, which is 50% of cores are parked.

I would suggest to run a GPU stress test using FurMark software for at least an hour.

My past experience with BSOD suggests that if it is reproducible and/or occurs with a specific pattern then it is a software problem, otherwise hardware.

According to ManuelG from GeForce forums 326.80 has a lot of fixes which prevent driver crashes. He stated that if anyone continues to have issues with 326.80 Nvidia will have to look into individual cases to find resolution. I would suggest to post your issue on GeForce forums if you have not done so already.

If you recently purchased your card and are not willing to go through troubleshooting process you can RMA it and a new one and keep fingers crossed.

Good Luck!

5. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    0X1E=more voltage on core
    0X1D=more voltage on NB
    Some drivers require more juice to run for some reason, i did the following steps and my overclock is again stable

6. NemaLa

NemaLa New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX760 2GB
    I had also been getting BSOD in BF3 with 326.80. I've installed 326.84 and now I can play for hours with no issues.

326.98 is also good (no BSOD), but for some reason I get lower benchmark results with it than with 326.84.

7. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    I had a similar d1 error while browsing true IE10 with 326.80 back on 320.49 so far no problems.
    Was my first BSOD in ages i was kinda shocked that i could be my hardware, but in the end it just nvidia with there messy beta drivers.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  8. Turbo-Power

Turbo-Power New Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 AMP!(1280/7800)
    I had bsod errors with play Tomb Raider with 326.80. I think this driver little problem. Good new is NVIDIA release new performance driver (especially GK110's) in october.

9. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    Guys, maybe all that BSOD errors could be some overclock instability that become more exposed with 326.80 ? Cause i didnt have a single BSOD using 326.80. Works without any problem.