GTX 750 Ti, a fantastic middleclass GPU.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by dampflokfreund, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laststop

laststop Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    Wouldn't you be better off with a actual purpose built capture card if that's what you wanna do. Something like what that x99 MSI mobo has built into it. I forget the brand of it but one of the new msi x99 motherboards has a capture card built directly as part of the board.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Capable of 1080p@60fps, they say. Which should be enough for most youtubers, but I haven't bothered to check out any reviews of the "stream engine" by AVer Media (don't know why this was censored).

Also, as going for 750Ti as a dedicated PPU, a quick google search showed that it helps, but it doesn't boost that much. Depending on the game the gains are between 0 and 10fps when paired with a single 780Ti. BUT where it might come in handy is if you go SLI, with a dedicated PPU added, as it helps the scaling (I've heard around here).

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  3. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    the 980 is overpriced, Nvidia should have never upped their suggested retail +50 the day prior to its release. The price gap vs perfomance (970) makes it unjustifiable. Pretty much why i didn't get one.

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    We use a number of solutions, both software and hardware.

Primarily though, most of the 750s are being used in Unity/Autodesk/Adobe for game development and they all do a pretty bang up job for not a lot of $.

I would stay away though for gaming.. they are just too weak and considering you can get a 970 for $350-400 that will give you 13k in 3dmark vs ~4000 with the 750ti, its really a no brainer.

5. stillmatic84

stillmatic84 Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I just baught an ASUS GTX 750Ti GDDR5 2GB OC from amazon hoping it will do better then my aging GTS 450 which has served me well so far.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I like how you literally just made this up. The 750Ti can easily play any new game with full graphics. You may have to skip the AA, but that hardly makes it 2D title material.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ^^I believe him he is a self proclaimed Tech Prophet.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Easily? Exaggerate much?

9. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Do you really need to pick the statement apart? It's not going to get a constant 60 FPS, but people paying $150 for a video card don't really care about that. It will get playable framerates without issues.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    My R7 240 easily plays every game I'm interested in at "full graphics" at acceptable framerates.

The GTX750Ti isn't the "latest and greatest" but it will play most games at acceptable framerates with reasonable settings. That's all most people actually care about.

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Hey you said easily.. would you prefer me to not take your statement literally?

For sure.. don't disagree. It depends though what people find acceptable. Getting < 30 fps in Crisis 3 for example is not acceptable to me.. for someone else it is.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I prefer my HD7950 or GTX660 SLI to the R7 240, but as long as the game play is smooth, what does the framerate really matter? Generally, as long as game play is smooth, I don't pay any attention to framerates. I don't care if it's 30fps, 300fps or 3000fps, so long as there's no stutter.

13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Fair enough.

I would argue that if 30fps was acceptable to me, I would never bother with a pc to game and just get a console. I use a pc so that when I game I get the highest possible gaming performance AND fidelity while maintaining high framerate.

But obviously that's just me. Not trying to slag the 750ti at all, but feel that calling it midrange is stretching, even if it does still play some games at high settings.

14. Killer01WS6

Killer01WS6 Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970 4G SLI
    I am wondering on this also...

I have 2 970s and my CPU is a 980X but I still have to wonder if I would see some cool improvement on some games with a dedicated graphics card and this would fit in with other MSI cards

15. Killer01WS6

Killer01WS6 Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970 4G SLI
    You're right it is not just about framerates..
    But I will say this:
    a couple months ago.. for 3yrs I had been playing on a 22" gaming monitor with 2 HD5870s and a 920 clocked at 3.3G..

it ate everything I played, and did it well.IE: no stutter all candy on at max but never bothered with any AAs.
    I saw a review that some games were going to auto put you on lowest setting if you had less than 1G, some less than 2G on the Vid cards..
    THAT was the main reason I started my upgrade process....

BUT: I never imagined the difference till I saw it in person..
    Yes I went to a larger monitor-Higher Res but I went back to games I had recently finished, Mass Affect 3, Dead Space 3..( few others) and my jaw hit the floor.. the Difference was amazing..
    when compared to current changes.

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    I'll agree with this on newer games in the past year-today. But if someone just wants to play games 2+ years ago at 1080p, then a 750Ti is not a low-end card.

You have to take into consideration the gamer and what games they want to play on said rig.

17. yuulo

yuulo New Member

GPU:
    gtx 750 ti ftw
    Update: I get 35-40 fps on average playing Rust with a good connection. I've hit 50-55, but its not consistently. So i would say it classifies as 'middleclass'. I agree though on the price, was able to purchase mine for $100.

18. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    People keep saying that, but all the flagship models have this happen.

8800 GTX over 500 and 8800 Ultra over 600. Heck Voodoo 5 64MB AGP was even over 500 USD. Original price was around 300 USD but stores jacked them up.

It's nothing new man, honest.

You get what you pay for when it comes to something like a PC. Not giving companies an excuse to jack up prices btw

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  19. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    This card´s existence is a pain in the ass for entry level users, I´m pretty sure the 960 would use actual 750ti prices if this card wasn´t flooding shelves all over the world. Foreign distributors refuse to sell it at a loss.

Ps.- And is slower than the 650ti boost, so probably should have never existed like the 2gb 960.

20. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Wow, that necro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.