GTX 680 SLI Battlefield 3 Low GPU Usage..

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by qgshadow, Jun 5, 2012.

1. nanobadger

nanobadger Guest

GPU:
    680gtx sli
    Was there a solution to this?
    I just got a second 680 and still cant get 120fps. Gains are not too great over one card.

2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    I don't think this problem is 6 series exclusive. I get big frame rate drops with no gpu usage increase, started happening after the June patch, it's the worst on Oman.

3. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yup i saw framerate issues immediately after the last patch, I even rolled back to 300.84 which was flawless 60fps with VSync before the patch.

Now it struggles to maintain 60fps. I think DICE messed up something in the last patch. Hopefully they will update the game to fix this!!

4. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    I updated my drivers to 304.XX and started seeing dips in FPS. My usage though is still around 80-100 on my 580s so I'm assuming its a 6 series and driver thing. Can you try any other drivers?

EDIT: This is with 2560 res and 4xMSAA in game and enhance 4x in NVCP with all high quality. I'm V-synced to 60 except big maps from afar the FPS drops pretty bad but usage is always up there.

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    actually nm

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  6. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680

Vsync gives you input lag, shouldnt be used in fps online.

I recommend you guys buy a game from someone who can actaully code, ie not DICE:

7. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    I have had this problem with x finity and 7970's and I stumbled into a fix-bring up the task manager and this should force the game to windowed mode, then click inside the game picture and see if the usage gets better

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    are you talking about singleplayer? sp runs great for me, it's just MP'er. particularily Gulf of Oman, its the worst. before the last patch i could play on 64p Oman and never drop below 60fps, now i drop into the low 40's sometimes...

9. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    Just a quick reference between 301.40 and 304.48

This is 301.40 on CQ map Scrapmetal

[​IMG]

This is 304.48 on Ziba Tower

[​IMG]

Just a quickie to show usage Probably the map but 301.40 was giving me better usage and actually felt more fluid. FPS were the same on both kept 60 the whole time.

Res 2560 1600
    2xMSAA
    All Ultra

10. LazyBum

LazyBum Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090
    This downhill in multiple gpu performance(specially nvidia 680 cards) started with release of January/February big update and this June one has made it even worse. Maybe they are trying to give performance boost to single gpu systems and in the same time make multiple GPU system useless. I think I need to put my 580SLI setup back on and check if they give better minimum FPS, specially on those B2K maps.

11. PolishTechGuy

PolishTechGuy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780GHz
    I've been having those drops for months. I only played Oman, i uninstalled 2 months ago. I wanted to try the new patch and see if everything is ok. It is better with 8GB's (had 4 before) of RAM but sometimes it just drops every second... unacceptable for me.

Note that i had those problems with 7970 too. It's not a problem with multi-gpu configs, google "bf3 stutter", "bf3 spikes" etc.

Battlefield 3 is trash guys. They won't fix it, with every single patch they make things worse for more and more players.

I already redeemed my BETA key for PlanetSide 2. And Battlefield 3 looks like a bad joke compared to it.

60km2 continets, lots of bases to fight for. It's just amazing.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  12. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    You mean Tribes :wanker:

13. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    tribes is trash

14. MoDeM

MoDeM Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 680
    after testing months with bf3 and different setups i came to the conclusion that it is not possible to achieve 120fps (stable). at least with the HW available. This has nothing to do with the GPU setup.

two 680s are overkill unless you go beyond 1080p. this is the case for most of the guys who want to achieve their 120fps/120hz as those monitors are usually 24"

two options why this is happening:

1) CPU bottleneck --> yes, even if usage is far from 100%. I have tested a 1055T, 2600k, 3770k, with and without OC. Every Mhz and Core (even HT) gave me more FPS and more usage on the GPUs. The difference between 1055T@2,8ghz and 3770k@4,7ghz is pretty big.

2) the eingine itself

from what ive seen so far its a mix of both. in bf3 its easy to achieve steady 60fps but extremly hard to get stable 100+

edit:
    mesh detail quality is the only setting which drasticly reduces performance on 32+ MP servers. standing at the hotel in oman and looking towards the city gave me 145fps on low mesh and 90fps with ultra. GPU usage did not changed. this was on an empty server.

trying this on full 64ppl server i saw a drop from 100 to 70fps. still ... same GPU usage. seems this puts stress on CPU

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  15. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    I have tracked my frame drops to the mesh quality settings, even if I turn AA off and other things I still get frame drops, if I turn mesh quality to medium my frame drops are gone! dunno what's up with that. I can still run everything else on ultra with 2xAA, but mesh HAS to be on medium at the most. wasn't like that before the June patch...

16. CrayonMirZ

CrayonMirZ Guest

GPU:
    SLi GTX 680
    any solution ? im experiencing this problem as well with sli 680

17. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
  18. walker2012

walker2012 Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 680
    same issue ere low gpu usage ~ 50% on both.. very annoying

19. walker2012

walker2012 Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 680
    I see dips into 70's/80's which ****s me, but when I sit back and think about it 70fps is fine lol.. it just looks horrible on my 1080p 120hz monitor..

i7-2600k@4.6ghz
    16 gig ram
    2 x GTX 680

GPU usage max usually around 50% each card :S

I would have expected 120fps ALWAYS, but yeah seems engine just sux over 60fps!

20. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    Cross your fingers they fix in the next patch what they buggered up in the last one! game ran Great before the june patch!!!!

for now i'm forced to run on medium to hold 60 fps where before the june patch i could play on Ultra @ a constant 60 fps vsynced....