GTX 680 Owners Check-In

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Xtreme1979, Mar 24, 2012.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Just to see what all the fuss was about. The 580 Classified is one of the best cards i've ever owned, so I felt It only fair to see what the 680 classified was capable of doing. The only problem I have with my current card, is the newest Percision X doesn't support voltage control. I had to find an older version of Percision that did.

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Oh i'm sure its a great card and all but its abit pricey.
    make sure post up some results when you get it.

3. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I've had the GTX 680 for a couple of months now and honestly I'm not that happy with it. I get FPS drops in games that I shouldn't (HoN), I get vSync stutter in games like Diablo III and official drivers are few and far between. I dunno, when it works properly it's beast, like in BF3 I can get 100+ fps on ultra, but I'm just not 100% happy.

4. meds

meds Master Guru

GPU:
    Got my 4th GTX 680 Gigabyte windforce card coming in tomorrow. Time to do some benchmarks tomorrow. If only I could get to 4.8ghz on this 3930k with an H100 :(.
    screenshot is tri-sli running all background programs and max benchmarks graphics.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012

5. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I am happy with my GTX 680 SC. Just not happy having to wait for games that actually require this card. This card is total overkill for anything right now. Should have kept my GTX 295 for awhile longer. It`ll prolly be a year till a game arrives that requires what this card can do.

And unlike some... I could care freaking less about benchmarks.

6. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 OC
    You will be waiting for the next gen consoles before we get anything that really pushes the GTX680.

You do care about benchmarks then. Good for you. I couldn't care less about benchmarks myself.

7. SonyHD

SonyHD Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680 DCUII TOP
    Have you forgotten that the GTX680, it can be owerclocking

EDIT:
    Reduced.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  8. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 OC
    Lol pwned

By the way could you post a picture thats a slight bit bigger the next time so that it can be seen from mars?

9. SonyHD

SonyHD Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680 DCUII TOP
    I will try next time :)

10. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 OC
    That was sarcasim by the way.:bang::bang::bang:

11. Donny_uk

Donny_uk Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 Classi 4095Mb
    Stock:
    GPU 1086Mhz | Memory 3004Mhz | 0.987v

Boost:
    GPU 1188Mhz | Memory 3004Mhz | 1.175v

Oc:
    GPU 1228Mhz | Memory 3404Mhz | 1.175v
    +50Mhz +400Mhz

I fear that my classi is a poor clocker, anything over 70ish on the GPU results in driver crash, also Oc scanner loses shows lower fps when GPU offset is over 65mhz. That's when testing with the Furry-Tessy Donut.

Am I doing something wrong?

I was getting crazy stuttering on Amazing Spider Man. Unfortunately I don't have many PC games to test this card out, frame rate dips into the 40s when in the city, but i'm using AA on the Highest setting.

It does the same thing in Far Cry 3 when there's too much foliage, but MSAA is completely off. Post Fx Ultra or Low makes no difference in FPS but increases CPU usage :cry:

This has actually been the first time I've actually bought a GPU, so any help is appreciated.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Far Cry3 and Spiderman are probably the two worse games to judge a gpus performance.
    try hitman if you can, especially if it's your kinda game. 1228mhz max clock is believable, boost your volts to 1.2 and it'll probably do 1280, perhaps 1.3ghz

13. Donny_uk

Donny_uk Member

GPU:
    Ahh, I will try to get a friend from SE to supply :) (btw, why are they bad games to judge?)

Regarding the voltages, unfortunately I don't know how else to raise the voltage apart doing it in Precision X. Either way, it's seemingly locked to 1.175v in Precision and there's no EVbot connector on the card. So as far as I know I'm stuck at 1228mhz. :cry:

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    no evbot means no overvolting afaik. the ealier classified had the evbot.

15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    You should use the bios that overvolts to 1.2~ volts, and also one that takes boost out.

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Far Cry3 can be compared to GTA4, and spiderman has been left without any support though it has problems.
    Hitman is dx11 tessellation to the max with cpu PhysX, but sure there are other nice ones for sure, like Borderlands2 and the amazing PhysX effects the likes of which haven't been seen.
    1228mhz is a good speed, it'll keep your temps down and the difference gained from boosting to 1.3ghz isn't anything to write home about.(only good for benchmarking tbh ...well i use no AA in games so others may get use from the extra speed).
    but sure you have classified with vapour chamber cooling, if you *Gulp* flash the bios it'll let you get 150% power (300w), 1.21volts, and let you max the fan if you can't already.
    if you do this you'd probably be best to change thermal paste to something more 'uber'.
    Does your card reach beyond 70C currently? if so a bios unlock wouldn't be advided but a thermal paste change would. -at least at first.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  17. Donny_uk

Donny_uk Member

GPU:
    The maximum i've seen it reach in games is about 50-55c, but in stress tests, it goes up to 69-70 and stays there at 55% fan usage.

That was with a full 131% power target and 100+ GPU Offset which raised it to about 1280-1306mhz. Unfortunately these tests were done with OC Scanner which didn't make the driver crash although on FC3 it would crash if GPU was Oc'd beyond 69+ GPU offset.

If I try anything higher than 70+ GPU offset on Far Cry 3 or 3D Mark11 or Heaven DX11 it will crash. :(

But from what you guys are saying, these mods are most likely warranty killers. Specially since I've just paid EVGA to extend it to 5 years.

I think I'll wait to get the GA-X58A-OC board, overclock my i7 to around 3.6Ghz, if not 4Ghz if it can cope and then report back whether this improves my performance and maybe my card's overclocking potential. :D

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I have two cards, one is reference with MSI sticker. Second one is Palit which looks similar to reference but it is Palit design with 8+pin and 6+pin connectors and allows power target go up to 176% (!). The sad thing is that the memory on the Palit sucks balls, it basically doesn't OC. MSI did pretty nicely, I didn't test the max though but Palit couldn't take +300 MHz boost for memory (effective). But since I'm using SLI, I don't bother OC'ing. Well, the Palit was cheaper than most GTX 670's so that's probably the reason. xD

19. Donny_uk

Donny_uk Member

GPU:
    I am considering SLI 680 classis soon. But I think I'll wait to do that when haswell is around and I upgrade my rig to haswell completely.

20. jrmanders

jrmanders New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 680 classified 4GB
    EVGA 680 classified 4GB

Just bought the EVGA 680 classified to replace my Asus 7970 ref card. This card is in a different league from speed too image quality. The drivers and inspector give you so much control.

Not sure about the overclocking but I think I'm stable at 1190 and 1280 boost.

The smoothness of these cards is amazing, glad I didn't go crossfire.

EVGA power target 110, GPU +80, Mem +400 Mhz.