GTX 680 Owners Check-In

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Xtreme1979, Mar 24, 2012.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Should be able to call myself a 680 owner next week =] The Zotac GTX 680 4GB is finally stock at the retailer.

Will be posting screenies aswell as i will replace the stock cooler with a Twin Turbo 2, and adding a EVGA 680 Backplate.

2. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Hey guys!

I just got my EVGA 680 4gb in the mail today to replace my HD5870 and this thing has yet to cease to amaze me. I truly believe that I made a mistake by going with ATI last "generation". Not that it's a bad card by any means because it served me very well, but I always felt like the guys on the Nvidia side of the fence were having more fun...if that makes any sense. :)

I've been having so much fun the past 4 hours just throwing every game I can at this card and watching it eat them up. There's nothing it can't handle and I love it.

Like some others (I'm sure), I had my eyes on this card as soon as I seen the trailers for Watchdogs and Star Wars 1313 and I'm pretty confident it'll handle them nicely. I knew the 5870 just wasn't going to cut it. Now I just need a new CPU. :)

**Added**
    I forgot to mention that I love how quiet this card is. It's easily the most silent card I've owned in years.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  3. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    Just installed two EK-FC680 GTX - Acetal CSQ waterblock on my two gtx 680 card last week, and gotta say im rly happy with them. Idle temp at around 23C and max load around 31C.

[​IMG]

Both card run at a boost speed of 2195mhz with the waterblocks on them :)

[​IMG]

4. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    @swecarl

Mind is blown. That is amazing. :)

Do you have any pics of your entire rig?

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    I'm curious to what your cooling setup is. I currently have a 690 koolance block and my average load temps are around 45, most people I see have been getting around 30 though I can't figure that out.

6. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    I got a XSPC RX480 Quad Radiator with 4 "Scythe 120mm Gentle Typhoon, 1850rpm" fans in push mode, and one of them in pull (the store i bought from only had 5 of them in store, so i got them all).

My loop is: reservoar > pump > rad > cpu block > gpu 1 > gpu 2 and then back to reservoar.

Im useing: EK-Supremacy cpu block and two EK-FC680 GTX - Acetal CSQ gpu blocks, the XSPC RX480 Quad Radiator and EK-Multioption RES X2 reservoar, with a Masterkleer PVC19/13mm hose.

Will post pictures later on when i got everything installed as i plan to keep it. Gonna buy the Corsair Obsidian 800D, atm i got the NZXT Phantom Special Edition, but i think the Corsair looks alot better :)

7. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Kfa2 gtx 680 ltd oc

Late member to the club, got myself a KFA2 680 LTD OC (aka Galaxy hall of fame edition)

Its the 1150 Base clock/ 1215 boost clock version.
    However its clocking up to 1280mhz during gaming which is a pleasant surprise.

Temps are around 35'c idle, and reach 74'c load with the fan left at auto - where it reaches ~55% at this temp and remains inaudible :banana:

The card is a work of art with a custom white PCB and a beautiful 3 fan cooler.
    Was abit worried about the cooler (had Accelero Xtremes on last 4 cards and got used to silence), but it looks like KFA2/Galaxy nailed it with this one, it keeps the card 70-75'c load so no downclocking and remains silent.
    It is noisey over 60% fan but as explained above it doesn't go over 55% for me.

Gameplay wise its very similar to my 7970 was at 1250Mhz, but a few more on the min fps in BF3 and the few benchies i've run..... but the main thing for me is i'm free of being tied to unsupported 3rd party tweaking tools fiddly workarounds to get OC tools to work and general poorer software.

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    So, got my Zotac GTX 680 4GB today =]

I tested it for a bit in Skyrim before taking it apart. Man, what a difference in FPS.

Right now i'm back on my 580 tho, i had to glue on the Heatsinks of the Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo 2 and they need to dry for 5 Hours. So around 18:00 i can use it :)

Will do a clean install of Windows aswell. Was needed anyways as it has been installed for almost a year and i want to start fresh again :)

Will post some pictures later on.

9. cole2109

cole2109 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
    Pictures!!!!
    :)

10. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Planning on getting my second one soon, really chuffed as well because i managed to get another EK block before they all sold out.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Bah, it seems the Fan Speed Controller doesn't want to work with a Aftermarket Cooler.

I'm unable to control the Fan Speed. The percentage goes up and down when i do it manually but the RPM stays the same.

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Well here it is =] I did remove the thermal pad that came on the Backplate as i got a bad experience with it on my 580 aswell. They are leaking oil, nothing to worry about, but it all becomes a mess. I only added thermal pads for the memory.

And i thought the Fan Speed Control didn't work, but it does work. Just none of the programs are able to properly read the RPM anymore.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. B.M.W

B.M.W New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX670
    Here is my Gigabyte GTX670, I think its beat most of GTX680s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
  15. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    I bow to your skills dude :p Nice work.

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Its so easy on this card to mod anyone could do it.
    The hardest part is to take off the resister(i do it with a tiny screwdriver)you can short the pad with conductive "pen".
    you can use a fan 3 pin header and wires off a busted fan just cut 1 "hole" off so you can just put the two vr pins right into it then push wires thruogh the holes in the board and use putty to hold it there...then just wrap gpu read wire around your red dmm probe the other to gound....your good to go
    Its only 3 points
    1 to vgpu plainly marked
    2 read point marked also
    3 ground
    smeasy

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Any EVGA 680 Classified owners in here? What are your clock and volts?

18. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    You getting that evbot thing too delta?

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Yeah. According to Jacob F over at EVGA, it's needed to overvolt the card.

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yup it is,but i think the card is locked to 1.30v with it but dont know for sure.
    what made you get a classy 4g?