GTX 680 Owners Check-In

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Xtreme1979, Mar 24, 2012.

1. garwoyden

garwoyden New Member

GPU:
    ASUS TOP GTX 670 1313Mhz
    Hmm, 150% "Power Target" on the Palit GTX 680, will we be able to get that on other brands aswell? (Ex: my EVGA 680?)
    Or is this only for the new cards only? Because I got v.3.0.1 of PrecisionX but only getting 132% :(

Btw:
    Just noticed that people with EVGA GTX 680 cards can get a free High Flow Bracket for their cards. (only 200first people replying will get one)
    http://www.evga.com/articles/00672/

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    Just did did some new benches at +134 Core +250 Memory

MSI Afterburner
    [​IMG]

3Dmark11
    [​IMG]

Heaven Benchmark 3.0
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  3. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Got some time to play today and wow, this card is a beast! I'm finding a huge leap in several games over my 580.

It's so nice to play Just Cause 2 maxed with 8xAA, Bokeh, Cuda water and maintain 60fps. Crysis 1 maxed with 4xAA is so smooth, pegged at or near 60 most of the time. Batman: AC also showed a huge jump in fps. I'll throw in my 580 for PhysX once I modify the inf or wait for the next whql and see if I can maintain 60fps maxed out.

Other titles where I couldn't quite maintain 60 fps before, such as Alan Wake and Saints Row the Third, are now pegged.

In summary, this was a very worthwhile upgrade for me. You just can't put a price on "pure-smooth"!

:rock:

4. angryabelincoln

angryabelincoln New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD 7970
    I wish the availability on the 680 was better right now. I have almost finished my first custom build from scratch and the last thing I'm waiting on is this. I'm looking for two to SLI but I would take one at the moment.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I've just discovered that AMD's HD 7000 series Leo demo works on the GTX 680! It will start up, showing a loading screen then run with a black screen apart from the AMD logo in the bottom right. However, if you press Esc, a menu will appear allowing you to select the Educational mode and you can then see the actual graphics. Looks like AMD forgot to lock out this mode for non-AMD card when they updated the demo to v1.1!!! lol

Demo (v1.1) can be downloaded from here: http://developer.amd.com/samples/demos/pages/AMDRadeonHD7900SeriesGraphicsReal-TimeDemos.aspx

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    @darren does the shadow test (ESM) work for you ? i get a black screen with my 580

7. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    So is voltage unlocked for this card yet? If so what numbers are people getting?
    That new precision OC looks nice :p

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    No, that's the only part that doesn't play. I suspect it could work with a custom DX9 file as it has for other ATI/AMD demos in the past.

9. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    My high flow bracket is in and installed. Now I'm off to see the temp change. EVGA claims 3c we shall see.

10. wasteomind

wasteomind Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 ti
    Got mine today too. Installed and saw between 2-5c depending on the app. Not too bad.

11. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    the cards seems to be improving each day slowly i try not tu punish them now they do perfect +200 on core +540 on mem both :)

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

12. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    Mine wont let me push the GPU clock offset really past 150 for some reason. It maxes around 175% and 550%.

13. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    go slow

mine also try each day a bit

mines do that now perfect

good luck ;) give them good air

14. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
  15. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    Just got my High Flow brackets installed, tomorrow I will see what kinds of OC'ing I can get on the core now as with the old brackets they seemed max out at about +116-124Mhz, hopefully I can achieve some really nice clocks while keeping the cores cool.

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Just ordered my EVGA GTX 680. Good bye tax refund and then some but what evah.

17. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    ^
    Sweet - you'll see a nice boost in many games. :cheers:

18. rakunvar

rakunvar Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    **I posted something on this earlier, although I wanted to explain it a little more since I didn't earlier.

If your cards not benching very high, or your OC scanner test is around 300-400 FPS range(Single card), go to your Control panel and disable FXAA and Transparency. My problem was that these wouldn't shut off through the panel. If they do not, use nvidia inspector >Driver profile settings>Set profile to Default. (Even turning these OFF in panel doesn't seem to still)

*Make sure to default your profile with Inspector imo, and double check by seeing if you get a 550-650 range on OCscanners test(Single Card)

I thought it was my card or drivers acting up due to the fact I would stress test OCscanner with 650 range FPS, then later on it would drop to 300 range...

(Single Card)
    FXAA=300ish FPS off on OCscanner test
    Trans=100ish FPS off on OCscanner test

That dropped my PCmark score from 10700 range to somewhere in the 9000's. Just keep an eye on it. Hope it helps someone.

P.S-I can only seem to get my card around +175 and +550 stable so far, sadly. They seem pretty varied per person from what I've seen. Actually debating about selling my EVGA and just waiting for the GK110 or the next few versions of the 680.(Input welcome on that ^^, going to link pics soon.)

Hope I did the link right lol.. Still just getting into the OCing of things etc, so also any input on if these scores are decent, let me know :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  19. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    I've assembled my new pc this weekend and had a little time to check some things out. For starters, man I love my GTX680! It's the most quiet reference nvidia card I've ever owned. It's also running super cool. Idling at about 29-30°C and after an hour of battlefield 3 64 mp, it maxed out at 75°C.

The only "negative" thing is that mine doesn't do well with gpu boost. I've read some posts here of people reporting >1100mhz on the core but mine "only" goes to 1071mhz while playing BF3 MP. I've seen it go to 1080 the first time I played the game but it only stayed there for a few seconds and went back down to 1071. I could overclock it but for the moment, I feel like I don't need to :)

20. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

Holy sheet you managed to reach 5.3ghz on just 1.52v with hyper threading enabled? :3eyes:

Is your oc stable or just only to run the bench?