1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTX 670/680 satisfaction poll

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by alanm, Jul 10, 2012.

?

GTX 670/680 satisfaction poll

1. I'm satisfied with my 670/680

63 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. Somewhat satisfied with my 670/680, but issues remain

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. Not satisfied with my 670/680, but patient for issues to be resolved

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Regret buying 670/680

12 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080Ti
    Went from GTX460 SLI to GTX680 SLI and loving it! After the 304.xx releases the issues I had were all fixed. Looking forward to future enhancements!

2. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 1080
    Coming from 3x GTX480 SLI to 2 GTX680 FTW SLI......can't love it more than that ! :)

3. Manta

Manta New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    Went from a GTX480 to a GTX680 and I love it!!

4. Ji1986

Ji1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX670 OC SLI
    went from 5850 crossfire.

The performance on the 670's are great.

As for the 7 series cards coming out at the end of the year(supposedly) I still wont regret my purchase. Plus the chances of Nvidia bringing out the refresher out around the same time as AMD release would be crazy, they will wait to see what AMD have to offer then tweak the cards to make sure they take the crown back. so Nvidia wont bring there cards out for a while imo.

but non the less, I dont think my cards are going to have any performance issues within the next couple of years anyway.

5. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    they never lost the crown dude lmao most game developers prefer nvidia gpu's and the drivers are always updated regularly

6. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    GTX 670 Phantom blowing my mind more and more, cool, silent and smooth. Coming from dual HD5870's.

7. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    Overall card is great. I'm upgraded from EVGA GTX 570 SLI under water, these were and still are great cards beating my single Palit GTX 680 4GB.
    The only bad thing is about my Palit GTX 680 4GB that it overclocks only +80MHz on core, I guess I had a bad luck getting this chip, should have chosen another brand.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    It's not listed but I regret buying this 690. I've gone through two now and I've had multiple problems with both. Probably one of the worst cards I've ever owned.

9. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Hey there man I noticed a few others with 690 having problems also. Are you problems related to the VSYNC stuttering or TDRs or what?

10. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Thought some of you may be interested to read update from Ray@nVidia:

So... nVidia forums are down for a solid week and a half (still down) and now nVidia bug reporting is going on vacation.. great lol... kinda joking but seriously that doesn't bode well for us getting much support in next weeks

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    All kinds of ****. My first card had image corruption problems and flickering. My current one gets random red-screening despite having no monitoring software installed and multiple formats. I get 200fps in Starcraft II but it looks like I'm only getting like 20 sometimes. I'm running 3 independent monitors, all 3 flicker randomly on the desktop when the card goes from 2D to 3D modes. While watching videos the video itself will randomly just go black for a few seconds, happens in both VLC/MPC, again through multiple formats.

I probably have to RMA this card too, I'm just so fed up with it though that I don't even care. I don't even know why I bought the thing in the first place. Pretty much all I play now is SC2 which I could have easily play on just about anything and there really isn't anything on the horizon that looks decent to me.

12. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    I haven't seen any of the multi screen problems because I use one monitor, but I have seen this:

Particularly in any strategy game or any game with an overhead camera view. Either with VSYNC on or VSYNC off the game just doesn't feel smooth even if you are getting hundreds of fps. Games I've tried and experiences this with Civ 5, SHOGUN 2 (and all the total war games), League of Legends, Titan Quest and Bastion to name a few.

13. Mikcannon

Mikcannon Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX980 Strix w/c
    Evga 670 FTW. Very nice but wouldn't work with XP. Had to buy 7- 64bit. I would love to buy another for SLI but no $$$$$.
    Slightly overclocked but don't fully understand Afterburner.
    Sad to see my 8800GTX's put in the cupboard.

14. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/Radeon VII
    Okay I don't have any problems with vertical synchronization at all. My 670 gets locked to 60fps monitored with fraps. :banana:

15. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Will be even happier when i get my second and watercool them :)

16. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    I have had a GTX 680 since about a week after they were initially released and it's been outstanding. No stuttering issues or any other problem.

It seems to me that the bad reputation is due to a very small yet vocal minority.

... and AMD fanboys trying to make problems look more wide spread.

17. msc64

msc64 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N670OC 2Gb
    Couldn't be happier... came from a CF'd pair of 6870s that were crashing constantly. The GB Windforce card so far runs everything I throw at it @ Max settings. I set the Vsync to Adaptive in the Nvidia control panel, and don't notice even a hint of stutter of which I saw A LOT of with the pair of AMD's.

18. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming 8G
    Very happy with my Palit 680s. Lower temps and quieter than my previous Asus 570s. Games run smooth. No stuttering at all. I run Adaptive V-Sync capped at 60fps on my 120hz monitor and tweak my games for Ultra settings. Only problems I have are caused my the games (and mods).

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  19. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    my 670 ftw is arriving today. will let you know when i try it out on witcher 2, and bf3, crysis 1 and 2.

really wish farcry 3 was out to use it on.

20. orion24

orion24 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1254/1703
    Thanks to the accurate web-reviews, when I bought it, I knew what I was buying. Video cards (and computer hardware in general) are very-accurately reviewed and I can't say I ever bought a card and was unaware of what I was buying.
    The only thing was unknown was how overclockable my unit will turn out to be. It actually seems OK (~1250MHz core, ~2000MHz memory), but I'll measure the exact numbers after the heat-wave leaves my country (we have 35-40 Celcious here right now, and case temp is 50 Celcious at best with the case opened. Not the best conditions for stock cooling overclocks)