GTX 590 coming in February....apparently....

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by sean_skroht, Jan 29, 2011.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    What was wizz thinking thuo cole?1.21 on a duel card with stock cooling?
    that was his bad i think.
    heck my 580 black screens at that voltage on air.
    althuogh no ocp kicked in?he said he did not disable overvoltage either?
    crap happens you live and learn..

good luck with yours bro!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by cole

Exactly! Both are about the same. My opinion so far 60:40 for 590. Depending on which games u use in test.
    You need to know that 590 has only 607MHz!

Techpowerup blow up the card. 1.2V on air and boom. DEAD.
    Card went 775MHz on stock voltage.

My Gigabyte is on the way :banana:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. orion24

orion24 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1254/1703
    The clock speeds are low, as rumoured, but the pottential is there. These are after all cherry-picked GF110 cores inside, so if someone creates a custom 590 and adds a third 8-pin PSU input and a more efficient cooler, this card can exceed the overclocked 580 clocked speeds.

The problem with those custom-designs thought is that, if they arrive, they arive several months afterwards, when it would make less sence to get a 590. If someone wanted to target the real high-end with such a design, he should have one available right now

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    this guy blowed one up too he is saying no ocp on the drivers he was sent,caught on tape too!!
    ==
    http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/13...sweclockers-testlabb-drivrutin-boven-i-dramat

High-performance graphics card Geforce GTX 590 balances on the verge of what is practically possible to handle in terms of power consumption and heat development. Even worse is the situation when overclocking.
    In order not to risk the components damaged are blocks built in drivers to say from when limit values are exceeded. SweClockers testers Jonas Eriksson tells what happened when the graphics card you take 12 000 SEK went up in smoke.
    The first graphics card gave up the spirit when I user overclockable with the increase of the voltage to the GPU. I was thinking not so much more on it, after all things that can happen and there are always Monday specimens, in particular as regards the early "samples".
    Shortly afterwards snappade Andreas up more suffered the same misfortune and we decided to explore it all together with Nvidia.
    An additional video card had to be sacrificed in order to come to the conclusion that it is driver 267.52, which is the culprit. The experiment was repeated with newer 267.71 and then worked Nvidias safeguards that they would.The essence of it all is to install the latest software from Nvidias website and at all costs avoid the driver that is included in the box, which is precisely the wrong version 267.52. The who plan to overclock should also make sure that you have good ventilation in the chassis and be aware that your warranty is if frequencies are increased over specifications.

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    goodluck with that..in my country the card will probably cost around 700 euros..and that's a fortune:D..i rather buy a new CPU+MOBO+RAM instead:D

5. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
  6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    opa poglej ga Koleta, kr 590gtx a heheh :D

btw, from where are you gonna buy it, Austria?

7. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    I have a full verion of 3DMark11 since December of last year and I did not even run it once, does that tell you anything...;)

As for smoothness and reliable drivers, NVIDIA over POS Amd any day of the week...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  8. garbanian

garbanian Guest

GPU:
    none
    Find someone to buy it in the US and ship it to you?
    I dunno. Sounds bad D=

9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    i do have relatives in the US, and i can buy the card at or around $699 USD but i still have to pay for the shipping costs and taxes...anyway to card is too powerfull for me...i play all my games at HD resolution at 40-60FPS so i don't need a new card at the moment...still i'd love a 590 for free:D

10. silis

silis Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X 8G

11. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
    Kaj zdej :)

No, from Slovenia ;)

12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I thought it was quite funny, well his reaction anyway.

Will of been their own fault anyway, more than likely turned off the limiter and ran Furmark.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've read about four reviews of the GTX 590 and, apart from this site, the others seem to express disappointment with the card due to NVIDIA compromising the speed for the sake of lesser power requirements and lower thermals. Factor in that it is the same price as the HD 6990 but with 512 MB less video memory per GPU and it does look a little overpriced and underspecced IMO. If you're spending that much money on a graphics card then is noise and power usage really going to bother you...?

If I was buying a multi-GPU card I'd opt for the NVIDIA one purely based on the drivers which have generally, in my experience, better game support plus those wonderful per-game profiles and editable AA flags I really cannot live without. I don't even need to mention bonuses such as PhysX, underused as it is but still nice to have for the few games that bother to use it. I guess NVIDIA's reputation and loyal user base is what will sell this card even if it was significantly slower than the HD 6990.

15. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    There's no loyalty from me to AMD or Nvidia, even if I was what would that matter? Some pathetic scrub with a low-end card is always going to scream out "fanboy" no matter what..lol

I opted for the GTX 590 mainly because it scored a higher minimum frame rate on the games I play, plus it's more quiet compared to the HD 6990.

If I'm dropping 7 bones on a high-end card there's no reason that I should suffer with a noise that resembles a vacuum cleaner.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, that's something I noticed in a number of benchmarks in the reviews I read. I noticed it when going from my HD 5870 CFX to a GTX 580 too, that despite some games having lower average framerates that they felt smoother overall because the minimum framerate was higher.

17. garbanian

garbanian Guest

GPU:
    none
    I've decided on the 590. Let me just go get my Xoom sold somehow. :l

18. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Embarrassing vids there, I too am disappointed that OCP (robocop reference any1?) kicks in and especially that this can happen with cards blowing up. I wanted a bit more competition for the 6990 to throw in some oil into the GPU market fire, however NV proves again that its lagging behind, and that Fermi, despite all of its efforts, in my eyes still a "never-was-been"

19. Azarobi

Azarobi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    AMDs been bridging the gap steadily since 5xxx series. I was expecting a 6990 killer in 590 but..... didn't happen. 6990 has stood firm. AND it beats 590 in Crysis. Sorry nVidia but no 590 is not the fastest card around. 6990 is there to share the crown :). In fact for me 6990 is the winner. and this is coming from an nVidia fanboy.

20. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    700 is cheap for 2 580's I paid over $1000 for mine so thats a hell of a deal.

Dude your r a known ati driver hater so of course you'll be glad with anything Nvidia throws up.

easy to see cause AMD is not as power hungry as Nvidia so they have more problems putting 2 high end GPU's on 1 card.
    Last year they couldn't even put up a fight against the 5970.