GTX 580SC / Afterburner 2.1.0 beta 4

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Sajin, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Sajin

Sajin New Member

When unlocking voltage control afterburner is showing 937mV as default voltage when it should be 1082mV. I tryed setting the voltage to 1.2mV in afterburner but my voltage did not change according to evga oc scanner which was still showing default of 1082mV.

2. roman63

roman63 Member

GPU:
    Point of View GTX580
    I have the same problem.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Due to error on MSI side beta 4 database unlocks extreme path of voltage control on 580 series via direct access to CHL VRM. This mode is intended for extreme overclockers only and it requires deep understanding of CHL VRM specifics from end user side to be used properly, so if you're not understanding CHL specifics - please avoid using it. In this mode you won't be able to see voltage changes in ANY tool reading voltages via NV driver because it works with VRM at low level, you will need to know you card default 3D voltage and set it manually, you will lose voltage switching related power management, and so on. So once again, avoid using extreme version if not a truely experienced overclocker and if you don't have understanding of CHL VRM functioning principles.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I'd just unlock the bios and use beta 4,for up to 1.21v,all software volt settings i have tested accurate with ddm.
    This method does not mess up other p-states.

5. Sajin

Sajin New Member

so basically when I change it to 1.2mV its really being changed to 1.2mV I just cant see it in oc scanner or any other software that detects vddc. correct?

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yes.
    use dmm at first always,then you have referance point as to what software provides.

7. roman63

roman63 Member

GPU:
    Point of View GTX580
    Error in measuring AfterBurner or it is feature GTX580?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Error in your understanding. Reread the previous post and avoid using it, if it doesn't tell you anything.

9. Mayk-Freak

Mayk-Freak New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 VID 1,000V
    My GTX480 works well with the MSI AfterBurner1.6.0beta 6 Extreme. I would like to test my GTX580 with MSI Afterburner Extreme.
    GTX480@1,302V
    [​IMG]

10. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    We dont disucss about Afterburner extreme edition here, sorry.