**GTX 560 Ti Owners Thread**

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Phragmeister, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080ti Gaming X
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  2. UHYVE

UHYVE New Member

GPU:
    NVidia 560 1GB
    Got a similar problem. Just built a nice sandy bridge PC with a 560, it's one of those gigabyte versions with the GPU clock at 900mhz stock. Just like you, my temps are okay, maxing out at 64ish after 5 minutes or so of furmark, which the PC can manage just fine, no crashes. I've got a 850W Arctic Power Pro, so I'm fairly certain it's not a power issue, unless it's faulty.

At first, I thought it was just Dirt 2 that was giving me trouble, but now I've tried playing Crysis, I think there may be a larger problem, because that also crashes after 5 minutes or so. After googling around a bit, I found some people suggesting that people need to go back to proper stock clocks, so I gave that a try but I still get the same thing. I really have no experience with anything but building computers and dealing with random software issues so I'm in alittle over my head here.

What's weird, is that for me at least, games often seem to crash more when they are saving, though not always. Sometimes, the game will just have a small FPS drop then crash to desktop (see attached picture, GPU usage drops to half, then crashes). So, any ideas? I'd prefer not having to RMA, any chance of it being a driver/software issue?

[​IMG]

Edit: Oh yeah, I tried increasing the voltage to 1.050V aswell, I was afraid of trying anything higher though, you know, since I've no idea what I'm doing.

3. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080ti Gaming X
    yeah we really are on the same boat,here's hopping new drivers will fix this.

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    try... just to test by keeping your fan at 100%?
    i have not been on my 560's in a few weeks + i use an older driver,not had that issue with my giga 900 oc card.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i wouldnt use furmark. heres an old post from the nvidia forums.

also im speaking from experience, ive burnt a card using that program.
    i would seriously recommend occt for stressing our cards instead.

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  6. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080ti Gaming X
    yes I would like to have the fan at %100 but that BIOS **** is way to complicated.

7. UHYVE

UHYVE New Member

GPU:
    NVidia 560 1GB
    I'll remember that, I guess I'm luckily I only ran it for 5 minutes. Interesting that you say it causes really high power draw, I guess that would rule out undervolting problems then? Again, I really don't know much about this stuff, so it's all quite interesting to me.

So probably not undervolting, and probably not a heat issue... that's confusing, hell, maybe it's not even a GPU issue. I'll give 100% fans a try tomorrow, not at my new PC right now. Pretty sure Afterburner let me set it to 100% luckily, so no BIOS fiddling needed.

8. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    i just Pre- ordered DiRT 3 on steam, curious to know how my 560Ti (reference nvidia card) will play it... i get incredibly great graphics playing crysis 2 but them again, im waiting for the dx11 patch, so i can test out my 560 Ti's power.

what FPS do you think ill get running dirt 3 on extreme settings at 1920x1080x60Hz on my 560 Ti setup?

9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
  10. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    nice, thanks for the headsup! i checked steam's dirt 3 store page and they were saying the "recommended" is an HD 6000 series, i am not familliar with ati cards so im like wtf is a comparable card to the cards within the HD 6000 series..... lol

i am just in awe at the ability my 560 has!!! i wonder which game in the future will make it slow down like molasses in the winter....heh, and i thought my gtx 260 1.8gb was fakkin shhweet!!!!

heres my gfx cards up to my current 560 Ti

S3 trio gfx card, i think it had 16 mb of gfx memory -hahah

ati rage 128 pro- 32mb i believe

nvidia geforce 4

nvidia quadro 1000- i think it was an equivalent to the 5900GT

BIOSTAR 6800 XE 256MB 128 bit gddr2 AGPx4/8 (this card was pretty kewl for its time!

sapphire radeon HD2600

BFGtech 7300 GT 512mb

GTX 260 (1.8gb version)- manufactured for HP by msi i believe (also is unmarked)

GTX 560 Ti- wich i am happily never going to part with (at least until i can afford maybe a GTX 590 and a core i7)

11. UHYVE

UHYVE New Member

GPU:
    NVidia 560 1GB
    Okay, little confused now, Just Cause 2 and Bad Company 2 don't crash while playing max settings, in 3D, at 1080p, yet I can't manage Crysis and Dirt 2? Seriously, what's going on, software issue?

Edit: Also, 3D Mark Vantage on Extreme Settings (1080p) works fine.
    Edit 2: I know it's weird but renaming the Crysis.exe to test.exe fixed it for me (although the Steam versions DRM seemed to have a bit of a paddy). Thought it might be something to do with nVidia's game profiles since most of my other games don't seem to have a problem. Might have to try some other drivers, see if that fixes things properly for me.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    ^poor card gets the blame when all along it was that evil steam

any hoo new ab beta 3 has new temp monitoring for 560 hawk models and other cards using NCT7718W thermal sensors

[​IMG]

13. Ov3rbyte

Ov3rbyte Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 560 Ti - 1010/2020
  14. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    there is no directx11 patch for crysis2. there never was and never will be. it was just a rumour that blew out of control.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Actually there is, it was confirmed by Crytek themselves a month ago.

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22276

16. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
  17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Think it was more of a denial of them comfirming it, rather than a denial of it happening.

If that makes sense lol.

18. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    ha its been months since the game came out..what does it matter now?

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Cause i still want to finish it, and the fact that Shogun2 got a two month late DX11 patch that improved visuals, while also making the game perform better, is also a good sign.

Though realistically, i don't expect the Crysis 2 patch to be anything like that, but im still hopeful lol

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i understand...althuogh shogun2 looked like crap before the patch and c2 dx9 and all looks ok.
    i do have both games too,which is rare for me of all people to have 3-4 newer games.