GTX 480 Microstuttering in Grid with 110+ FPS

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by xinhang, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Baleur

Baleur Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    I have that but in World of Warcraft (and Civ5, but doesnt everyone?), anything at 40fps or below microstutters as if it was really 4fps.
    Truly odd.
    250GTS, tried 3 drivers, no change.

2. xinhang

xinhang Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX480 SSC
    I tried everything and it just don't work. Anyways NFS Hot Pursuit seems more fun so i will play that for now, and pray the future driver will fix the microstuttering issue, or maybe if i add in another gtx 480 it will magically fix itself

3. cmatt099

cmatt099 Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 580 Direct CUII
    Rob i hate people like you in the real world, you would argue with a brickwall! :bang:

4. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    hmm, lets see if i can explain it a little better than before since even my last explanation was confusing me, haha. your power supply has two 6pins and two 8pins, correct?

plug in one 6pin. on the same cable as that 6pin, there is probably also an 8pin correct? this 8pin is on the same rail. try using the other 8pin cable and see if that helps?

something tells me it could be linked to the low max amperage per rail, as with a power supply with that capacity. but i cant guarantee replacing your powersupply will fix it as your card shouldnt be maxing out even just one of those rails. how old is your power supply?

5. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    That´s simply not true. Please check your facts before you post. There are loads of users on this forum that have or have had microstuttering with for example bfbc2. I have a 480 and used to have 2x480´s and both have/had microstuttering.

6. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    Microstuttering doesnt have anything to do with framerates. I get 100+ (usually 130-200 fps) in bfbc2, and I have microstuttering. When you get stuttering due to low frames it´s something else.

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    @ xinhang

what about HPET - high precision even timer, did you try and disable it to see if it has an impact?