GTX 295 in stock!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by DF-1, May 21, 2009.

1. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
  2. TipsyTaxiDriver

TipsyTaxiDriver New Member

GPU:
    GTX 295 when i find one..
    this whole gtx295 stalemate has been really bothering me lately and i pretty much refeuse to get the sli 275 alternative. i live in canada so ive been checking ncix about 15 times a day waiting for them to get a 295 in. I see they FINALLY got the evga's in but only 2.....so they are already out of stock on the normal evga and have only a couple red editions left. i notice a couple of the smaller online retailers have 1-2 in so if youre in the market for the dual pcb 295 then today is likely to be the best day to get one.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I got mine at release for 500 bucks and the prices are higher now:3eyes:

4. bobdude

bobdude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    when someone gets it please bench those clocks look crappy

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I think its a ripoff now. If I am remembering correctly they were like... $400 when they came out. Now they got greedy and its $500+...

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    they were 499-510 at release man . anyone paying more than that is getting ripped off

7. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    oh... I coulda sworn they were in the 400's but then again Its been a while and my memory is not too good right now.

8. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    id rather have 2x gtx 275's , the heats not concentrated , 2x bandwidth through the chipset , higher garunteed clocks all around per card especially the overclocked models , you can seperate them physically at wil for any number of future reasons including when replacing them down the line or splitting them between systems.

the only real advantage to a gtx295 .... systems wanting multi gpu power levels ,but dont or wont use an sli motherboard. like alot of the p45 systems you see around , makes perfect sense. and if i didnt use sli boards thats exactly what id do too because it feels right like thats the true nature of the card.

9. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    NEW: now they have all of the brands in stock @ newegg.

has the single PCB been launched silently? I think its the most logical thing..

10. It looks to me that this should the last of the GTX 295, Id say we will see these at a steady rate for another 2 or 3 weeks, then they'll dissapate and we'll start to see the 300 series emerge.

Happened with my 7800GTX, paid $1200 AUD for 1 card and about 2 weeks later they where gone and the 8 series emerged. If your gonna get one, maybe just get 1 or even a 285,250 or 260 or even 275. No point in wasting your hard earned money at an inflated cost when newer stock is soon to hit the " shelves "

11. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Great point, I don't see myself upgreading again for maybe two years. I need to get a bunch of other things. What do you think SLI in one package with the 295 and I wouldn't have to upgrade my PSU or go sli with two 275's? I would need to upgrade my PSU for these though. I do feel the prices are way over inflated at the moment though. I really would like to stay around $300 though.

12. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    I find this supply shortage funny. I have had 3 GTX 295s, first in the launch day, and I always found a way to get one right away when I wanted.

13. a single 295 is as it is pretty damn good, but id imagine 2x 275's would be good. Corsair have good PSU for under $350..perhaps give them a go. As for me Im waiting till the 295 come alot more common and the price drops or the 300 series arrives. which ever comes first.

14. see panzerfin, we lie in australia.....we get everything last...primarly ecause of our locality.

15. Johann

Johann Member

GPU:
    Voodoo3 ;p
    These cards have been unreliable to find especially after the first and you desired a specific manufacturer.

At this point why buy one when the rumored single PCB versions are being talked about or with next-gen cards due within 3 months or so?