Gtx 275

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by evilkelvin, Aug 24, 2009.

1. evilkelvin

evilkelvin Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 XFX BLACK
    Hey guys, Im planning to change my graphics card the old 8800gt to a GTX275 worth it? like would there be much bottleneck etc??

2. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Not wanting you hi-jack your thread, but I'm looking to do the same thing (pretty much), I'm running an 8800GTX and am getting mixed reviews about it being worth while!

Upgrading from the 8800GT should be though, as far as I can tell!

3. xchrissypoox

xchrissypoox New Member

GPU:
    GTX 275
    @evilkelvin: Yes the gtx 275 is great, no your system looks good enough to were it won't be a bottleneck. Your power supply is too small according to this and nvidia's website though you might be okay since you're running a dual core, buy it and see how it goes.

@Pzykotik: 275s are awesome, but you may want to wait to see the price versus performance of the ati 5000s or nvidia 300s which should come out before christmas for the 5000s (i heard). Q1 2010 or before is when the 300s come out. If you have your heart set on getting a new card now a gtx 275 will give you great performance compared to your card, or you could get a 295 since your board doesn't support sli and really kill games.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  4. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Thanks for the advice xchrissypoox. lol @ your nick btw... Anyway, It's not so much that I have my heart set on one but I want to be up to date for Batman and my current setup doesn't quiet cut it (the demo's a bit choppy with everything on). Q1 2010 is a long time to wait for a card, so I'd like to get one today... The 295 is a bit overkill though, and I'm going to upgrade my board soon anyway (i7 and SLI later).

5. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Hey evilkelvin, I moved from a 8800GT with a similar CPU setup (see my specs) to a GTX260-216 and I experienced a significant improvement especially at higher resolutions. I think a C2D at 3.4GHz is still a decent CPU and even though there is a certain amount of bottleneck, it's not significant. Enjoy your new card!

6. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Just get the 275. You will see significant increase and is worth it. Its the best value for money card, IMO.

7. evilkelvin

evilkelvin Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 XFX BLACK
    thx for the awesome reply guys, gonna get the card real soon then!

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I went from a 4850 to a GTX275 (with a GTS250 in the middle) and saw a huge increase. Seeing as how the 4850 is faster than an 8800GT and GTX, you should both see a nice improvement.....might not be as nice an improvement as I saw, but still worthwhile. All I play is WoW, which seems to favor nVidia and my framerates nearly doubled. However, keep in mind that HD5800 comes out in October with GT300 coming around Q1 2010 if not sooner so you will be slightly outdated at that point.

9. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    I recently replaced my 8800gt for a 275, great improvement especially dual boxing. Great card and relatively cheap.

Lex