1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTX 1180 "expected in July" (Tom's)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by alanm, May 17, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It very much is, you're are simply refusing to listen to arguments. I work roughly 70 hours a week for this website and as you know it pretty much is a one-man show, so when you call Guru3D lame, clickbait, boring etc that is personal. Here's what I'll do, I will apologize for calling you that. I should not have, but it's the response you can expect with such a disrespectful tone.

Anyway, this discussion now is over and I like to request everybody to get back on topic. Your request is noted, there is a standard cool down period. In seven days if you still feel you want your account deleted, please do PM me. Thank you.

airbud7, 386SX, cowie and 4 others like this.
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti SeaHawkX@2k+PG348Q
    Personally, I doubt we will see new series in August this year, most likely an announcement followed by shipments 1-2 months afterwards. But then again, we never know... I would bet on Q4 release this year, followed by Q3/Q4 next year for the Ti version.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I think just normal, Titans are usually made from full chips, aka bigdaddy xD

Man nv sure takes long this time around, last time was around Q80? Chip 8800gtx, they milked and dragged Kepler a bit, but not as bad as this now.

I would say q3-q4 2018 as well, usually August or in October if I go from past releases.

cowie likes this.
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    I personally hope that the 1180 is available a good while before the holiday season, so that i can get 2 - i want amazeballz graphics in my new games :p

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Release dates according to wikipedia:

Titan - 2013-02-19
    780 - 2013-05-23
    780 Ti - 2013-11-07
    Titan Black - 2014-02-18
    Titan Z - 2014-03-25

980 - 2014-09-14
    Titan X - 2015-03-17
    980 Ti - 2015-06-02

1080 - 2016-05-27
    Titan X (2) - 2016-08-02
    1080Ti - 2017-03-10
    Titan XP - 2017-04-06

So although we might not necessarily see a Titan before the 1180 launch (I guess they are more infrequently produced / introduced / given away by Nvidia), the funny thing is that between 780 and 980 there were roughly 16 months, between 980 and 1080 it was 20 months, and it's been a whopping 24 months (until now) since the 1080 launched.
    Ti to Ti it was 18 - 24 - 16 (so far), so it doesn't necessarily keep the same timeframe from generation to generation.

I have to admit, I was falsely remembering that it's been a yearly cicle with GPU releases, at least when it comes to launch, not availability.

cowie likes this.
  6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1080 8GB
    Take.Your.Own.Advice.

Same here! I thought the 1080 was overkill. Then I went from a 1080p to a 4k pc monitor. I need more power now. The 1080 went from a muscle head in the gym to the skinny guy with no chops on him. FF15 BTFO my poor 1080 and I doubt the Ti has enough to justify the extra frames vs. price. Mark this, save it, copy and paste it, it's rare...ready...I was wrong. lol. nVidia needs to get a gpu out this year. I stated otherwise before moving to 4k. I have learned from my technological ignorance.

airbud7 and cowie like this.
  7. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1080 8GB
    "Nothing that can be really done about it. With nothing new coming out, there's nothing new to report"

So...you justify the lack of news and then bash the site for lack of news? W....T.....F....? And without sounding like a kiss ass, Hilbert will let you know that's not my style, I will say, Hilbert does a lot of PERSONAL reviews, tests, BENCHMARKS, and other tests you won't find at other sites. This site has been here for a very long time. Hilbert has his style, we enjoy that style, we come here and support it. If you want something else, go for it. Ever been to rage3d? See how often their front page gets updated. This place is updated almost every single day. I'm here, everyday. Whether I post or not, or even enter the forums, the main site is on my daily routine to check. And I have never found it lacking. Quite the opposite. I find the reviews more in-depth.

It seems unfair to claim to understand the stagnant market currently but then accuse the website of not having enough hardware to review and update the site with. Again, I'm at the main site every day reading news. It's VERY RARE that it's not updated daily, if not several times a day. I've been around the hardware forums and sites. This is by far the best one there is. It's a real community. Not sure if you're just having a bad day or crappy week but try to come back refreshed. Odd to be a member for so long, and hate the site as well as contribute still. Hopefully emotions settle.

Finally, it IS a personal insult at someone like the webmaster if you insult what they dedicated more time in their life to than not. 70 hours a week on his baby...you better be ready for backlash when you insult someone doing their best and providing their best for an industry of ungrateful nerdy butt nuggets like us. It's an insult to anyone here that appreciates this place. Which is why I had to comment. Not cool. Hope you're able to come back in a better place.

Hilbert, your site is appreciated. Keep doin' what you do. Hopefully the huge amount of nVidia hot fix drivers doesn't get blamed on you soon as well. :D

airbud7, Noisiv and Hilbert Hagedoorn like this.
  8. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    lmao.. everybody's an asshole.

but seriously.. why is everyone so tempered about the 1180.. lol..

but why apologize?? i think he acted as one lol

9. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti SeaHawkX@2k+PG348Q
    Because Hilbert gives an example of a mature civil attitude, tensai, on the other hand, is a kid and acts like one hence the rage.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 6:47 AM
  10. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX GTX 1070
    And 'asshole' wasn't even used as an 'insult' - it was used to describe the attitude he was showing - passing remarks as if his self-entitled self's need and want need to be put first and foremost. If you don't like it, don't click on it - otherwise quit the bitching and deal with it. Stop acting like a kid.

That's like saying calling someone going 5-20 in CS a 'noob' is an insult. No, he actually IS a noob! :D Adjective, not insult! :D :D

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    jeez don't everyone start cussing sry Hilbert

IMHO
    they are holding don't be fooled they know what the other guy has think what they have they have made already.
    late august I coulda sworn I seen an ad or some spilled "thing" for a asus stix for September.
    you never know they can really put 1070/80 in mid range where it should be for $325/$425(dreaming) and volta or what ever will be top end.
    refresh/node them all the 80ti also with ddr6 or maybe just the ti,they gotta be holding lots of gddr5,like is it gtx 265 275 285? should be "tock" by now or is that tick?
    and wheres all the busted ti's and titan's,thats for the rumor of bus width over 256.

2 months whatever nv info is tighter then a mosquito's butt hole

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 1:22 AM
    airbud7, jura11 and fantaskarsef like this.
  12. tensai28

tensai28 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080TI aorus xtreme
    Thank you for apologizing. That was very mature and admirable. I also am sorry for how I worded my comment. I was more frustrated about the lack of new releases than your site. I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry.
    As you can see from the posts behind mine, the cooldown period isn't necessary. Please delete my account whenever you have time. I appreciate you being mature and civil but unfortunately the community is incapable of doing the same even after you asked them to get back on topic. I'll go back to lurking and thank you for all the work you do on this site. I'm really sorry again and hope there's no hard feelings.

airbud7, endbase and fantaskarsef like this.
  13. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    Many
    I build Abatement systems, they are not cheap!!! But you'd swear they were, these units are being bought up from all over the world. I wire the frames to the pumps, very cool work(I LOVE IT!). But this past month has been hell as parts are not to be had, we even have suppliers telling us to find our stuff some where else lolz?
    All the chip makers are in a push for December 2018, which means new GPU'S will fall soon, then trickle down to Christmas(people will be waiting). Then prices falls after the Holidays, and shipments will loosen up as well.

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Yeah this time around that fits the bill quite perfectly...
    I can imagine, this time they don't want to "leak" any real intel because they're sitting on a pile of lost chips, those that nobody wants anymore because people don't want to pay current prices or buy old tech when everybody expects the new stuff to be around in a few months. It's just they manouvered themselves into this position, sitting on a pile of chips they can't really sell, and now they're trying to see who's got the longer breath, consumers or their own keeping their mouths shut.

cowie likes this.
  15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW
    Release the beast already, Pascal is old and weak..

DLG likes this.

16. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    Many
    LOL@ $800 for a "NEW" GTX 1080Ti :eek:

17. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    who cares.. why apologize. keeping on saying asshole and move on, we're mature enough to know calling someone a asshole aint mean nothing. If hilbert calls me a asshole, it wont bother me the slightest. i'll just say hes a asshole too... and next week, or a couple of hours after, you forget about it.

geez, this generation really is turning men into females.

LMAO LOL

The Phoenix likes this.
  18. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1080 8GB
    They probably would have released the new gpu already. I believe they're holding off simply because there's so much overstock of current cards thanks to how quickly the bitcoin mining fell out. They would lose a bigger amount of money ignoring those stocks and not giving them time to sell through.

Wouldn't kill them to reduce the price of a 1080 Ti below $749 either. I'd buy one @ $599.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070 AMP!
    Its @699 now. For months most cards at Nvidia shop were either not available or limited to 2 per customer. Now all cards are available and limited to 10 per customer. So yeah, it does seem that they are overstocked.
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-store/

20. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 256
    they have an overstock but when i needed one all stores where out of stock and now when i finally got one after all the months of waiting since september (in my case), they all have stock, i had to return mine and wait with my old quake rig until something happens, i think I'm going to buy the Titan V, looks more "future proof" that anything that's going to come out or already is out.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 4:44 AM