GTX 1180 "expected in July" (Tom's)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by alanm, May 17, 2018.

1. haanuman

haanuman Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX
    I read it's coming in late august, hopefully the crypto drama settles by then so I can finally think of getting an older GPU lol.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Sometimes I wonder if these leaks really are "accidental"? Seems more and more like PR stunts. I mean, NDA is NDA :)

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Doubt that, NDA is NDA, so (imo) most of those are human mistakes.

4. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    One thing is for sure; this site will be pretty lame until some real news comes out on the new cards. Front page is full of rumors, speculation and clickbait with the added boring chassis and PC accessory review. I haven't been viewing this site nearly as often as I used to. Nothing that can be really done about it. With nothing new coming out, there's nothing new to report. The site needs to make revenue and get traffic so this is the result. Regardless, pretty much everyone and their mom has a 1080ti by now. Nothing new to see here.

5. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080
    Well, i got the gtx 1080. Gonna wait for 1180ti, or better. My next gpu has to be able to run 4k+ without any issues. If rumors are correct, maybe 1180 will do a ok job at it.

6. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    well it's july, where is my 1180?

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You have to wait till Gamescom..

8. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    but gamescom is in late august ( ゚Д゚)

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    what you say pertains to any site
    same internet different day bunch of babies that think we give a sh!t what you say.
    such a Debbie downer
    you speak for no one as I don't either and I have no 1080 ti so if its a save on power use with gddr6 and boost core voltage it will; suck.
    so I and you too should try.....

READ THE RUMORS STFU AN MOVE ON

so I go and wait

10. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    If you don't like what you read then READ THE COMMENT STFU AN MOVE ON

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    not when an azzhole like yourself puts down the site and continues to post negative drivel
    "this site has gone down hil"l bs you were posting in the news section was enough for me to think you are a dick cus your still posting

12. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    If you don't want to be here, ... well just don't? However, there's no need for this attitude in the forums.

Kolt likes this.
  13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    sorry about the name calling but if the shoe fits...

14. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    So if someone has an opinion that differs from yours you feel the need to call them that?
    The attitude is just my opinion. Sorry if it's taken the wrong way. But why is it okay for users to tell others to stfu and call others "azzholes" and a "dick" but not okay for me to complain about the site? This is exactly why I wrote what I did.

15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Well, because you're actually being an asshole about it? Seriously, I have no clue what is up with your passive aggressive tone all of the sudden. There's no need for it, but you reap what you sow.

386SX and cryohellinc like this.

16. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Honestly you're the last person I thought I would of expected this from. Of all people on this forum I thought you would be the most capable of being civil. I make a complaint/opinion about the site and I'm continually called an asshole. Guess it reflects on the sites direction. I can't say I care to come back here after this. You can delete my account if you see needed.

17. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    So you expect me to be civil but you are free to make insults and lame remarks? I expect to be treated with the same courtesy.

Again, you reap what you sow, you are the one instigating all this weirdness with your passive aggressive and out of order tone. Your comment was very toxic, the sooner you realize that, the better. Think about it for a while, and whatever you decide to do, hey I'm cool with it as yes, I actually am a very civil person.

airbud7, cowie and fantaskarsef like this.
  18. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    @tensai28
    Don't play the victim card, I've seen many toxic posts from you in a league of legends chat style in absolutely civil conversation topics.

cowie likes this.
  19. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Here's the difference; I never once insulted you as an idividual nor anyone else on this forum. You however have directly called me an asshole and seemed okay with another user doing the same as well as calling me a dick.
    So you are a "very civil person" only when people say what you like and don't make any complaints about your site? You or any other user is perfectly welcome to respectfully disagree and argue with my opinion, but if one can't make a simple complaint or opinion without being personally attacked (name calling) then I don't think this is a site I care to continue using. There are plenty of other places like that. It's a shame too because I've been a long time user and lurker for almost 10 years. I've been here so long because I thought here was a respectable mature tech site.

Anyways, is there anyway to delete my account or am I supposed to just leave it there and stop using it?

20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Uhm... yes... well...

So what's the bets now? Late August for 1180 launch, Q1 next year for 1180Ti?
    I'm surprised, shouldn't we see a Titan before both 1180 and the Ti?

cowie and cryohellinc like this.