1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTX 1180 "expected in July" (Tom's)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by alanm, May 17, 2018.

1. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1080 8GB
    I just want 3 cards. Simplify the market for consumers and even more importantly, for developers. These SE editions of BS cards like the 1050...come on.
    Ti 4200, 4400, 4600. That's all you had.

1180, 1170, 1160. That's all that is needed. Give them whatever naming scheme you want. I just feel the over saturated market is hurting the business. Especially odd cards that are so under-powered and have multiple variations. I don't mean to sound like a snob, but if you want to game on PC, you should have nothing less than a XX60 series. Anything else makes sense for old school gaming or people just not content with onboard. But the crap I see. High-end too. I don't need a 1170 X T9 OC SE X Edition. And one without the X at the end. And one without SE AND X. Then add a Gold version with a robust fan configuration and a ultimate OC. Then add this 10 times again to the 70 and 60 versions.

2. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1080 8GB
    With so much console parity and so few decent PC exclusives that aren't broken Steam beta games that couldn't run properly on hardware 5 years from now in it's current state, there's no reason to jump in big with this next-gen of GPU's. I won't take this advice because I'm an american consumption based idiot. But it's really not necessary. Ok...for some 4K titles. FF15 killed my 1080 at 4K. But I don't see anything being more demanding than FF15. That game, imo, sets the mark for the best possible console port without parity, that you can have. And seeing what the 1080 was able to accomplish with that, I think anyone on the 10-series will be fine until the PS5/XBOX 2/Google Gaming device rumored for next-gen

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti SeaHawkX@2k+PG348Q
    "takes a deep breath"
    [​IMG]

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti sc+
    I agree with you but it isn't AMD and NVIDIA adding all those versions. That's the partners doing it. Some are worse at it than others like EVGA. I mean there was like 7 different versions of the 980ti from EVGA when I bought mine.

SerotoNiN likes this.

5. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1080 8GB
    Care to explain why you feel the market needs 16 variants of each card, by each vendor?

6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Not 16, but not 3 either. If you understand basic concepts of market niches you will understand.

7. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1080 8GB
    Oh, I know vendors are a huge part of the problem
    I understand supply and demand. Lol.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti sc+
    It's one thing to have a standard version and an overclocked version. But why do we need 4 different overclocked versions of the same card where they vary by clockspeed by a few mhz. This does nothing but confuse people.

Look at this crap.
    [​IMG]

9. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Seriously, nvidia went too far with the 10 series. The chopping and reconfiguring of core counts/memory amounts on the 1030, 1050, 1060 and 1070 line is just confusing and sometimes deceptive to those who aren't as experienced in this market as we Guru's are.

10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Then don't write silly stuff. ;)
    Sure, I fully agree with this, this is just a way of deceiving potential customers.

However, we do need various models, for various use case scenarios and business sectors. For instance at my work now I have gt 1030 3gb version, its over the roof for my PC, but it does its job really well and doesn't even have a fan. Nice and quiet. As an example, why would I need 1050 here?

11. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
  12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti @ H2O
    Awaiting nvidia TRUE statement on the release date , this rumors are getting long in the tooth :/

13. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    RTX 2080 makes sense. We might also see 1180 GTX, the same card minus the tensor cores, thus no ray tracing.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    RTX was registered for software only.