GTX 1180 "expected in July" (Tom's)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by alanm, May 17, 2018.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Founders Editions expected in July according to Tom's.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-turing-faq,37067.html

2. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I saw a video on JayzTwoCents yesterday where he said there won't be any new GPUs anytime soon, citing the lack of leaks, teasers and promo events which are typically held before a release.

Also note that there were also "inside sources" which said that new GPUs would be released at GTC/GDC earlier this year, which obviously didn't happen. Needless to say, I'm skeptical of such rumors and treat them with a mountain of salt.

Pascal may be a bit long in the tooth but it still performs well in modern games. Nvidia can continue to make record profits by milking Pascal, and can release the next-gen when/if AMD catches up (even if a new product is ready, there is no need to release it now).

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Doubt it, all major shows have passed and no announcements. Imo Q4 at least, mid 2019 most likely.

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Computex in June..

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Nvidia decided to milk pascal, until amd comes up with new stuff.

cryohellinc likes this.
  6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    No real reason for new cards now and the summer is not a typical release time for a mainstream product.

I'd say fall will be the earliest for anything mainstream.

There might be some form of ludicrously priced Titanesque card in the meantime, that wouldn't surprise me at all but nothing aimed at the masses.

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Thats when we will know for sure.

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    That's my bet on it. AMD has nothing to offer until next year, for Nvidia it makes more sense to capitalise as much as possible on the current generation.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    They should just release some intel on when it's going to happen so they can again shut up and take my money.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Could also be Nvidia trying to clear out remaining Pascal stocks. Which would be more difficult to do if everyone knew something new coming out in next couple months. Also remember that many of Nvidias traditional customers have been on Pascal for a long time and maybe eager to upgrade, esp with higher res displays much more common now than 2 years ago.

If Nvidia still trying to milk Pascal, they are doing a poor job of it. Their store page all OOS, and whatever stocks remaining are 3rd party retailers and higher than MSRP.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I believe it when I see it.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    People watch that idiots videos?

13. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    As you yourself indicated, they have no problems clearing stock. At any rate, they're certainly not going to do a ninja release for a long-awaited next-gen consumer product - they know gamers are anxious for them so would hype it up.

Better than Linus Tech Tips :p

jaggerwild likes this.
  14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I think he has several good videos. For example those where he tests different fan configurations (helped me a lot) or those about thermal paste.

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Theres more than one viable strategy in releasing new gen cards. Yes they dont need to and can milk Pascal for all its worth, but IMO they are also opportunistic, long term strategic thinkers. This is an opportune time to strike at AMD when they are weak. Just think what Nvidia new gen card release would do to AMD. It would put them way behind the curve and make them basically irrelevant in mid to high-end PC gaming. That scenario imo would be quite hard for Jensen Huang to resist.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't think Nvidia are that stupid - if they do succeed in completely killing amd's gpu department, and get complete monopoly over the dedicated gpu market, then they will get regulated TONS, just like microsoft, google etc has been. Aka Nvidia most likely wouldn't be able to overcharge as much, as they have done while amd is still here to provide "competition". The fact that nvidia's gpu's are faster than amd's, serves as justification for nvidia's insane overpricing of their gpu's, manifested in their titan gpu's.

17. 10xView

10xView Guest

GPU:
    gtx 650
    Hi guys i just made a concept design of it please take a look

endbase, fantaskarsef and cryohellinc like this.
  18. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Very interesting, looking forward to seeing how close it will be to the retail version.

10xView likes this.
  19. 10xView

10xView Guest

GPU:
    gtx 650
    Thank you, i hope i did not spam but still not sure the way i had put the post here is right or not please feel free to point out or guide me to post future links as such.

20. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    New cards will release I reckon. They wouldn't be showing off real time raytracing otherwise.