GTR2 thread.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Sep 16, 2006.

1. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Brno is in the Czech republic. It's technically a bike track.

Also I see you're in an NGT class car, but what car? Lap times will very greatly even within the same class.

2. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    Yes i was downloading the demo. I was hoping to get it working and test it out this evening so that i could get any questions i might have answered now.(seeing as this is my last posting night for 2 weeks eh Wildstyle:D)
    Oh yeah my connection is still 8meg.

3. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    2 what? days? :D You could still be browsing either as a guest or logged in yet not posting. :p

Where are you downloading from that's giving you such poor speeds?

4. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ok guys i think im to much of a noob to ask how well ive done as that last post dint make much sense did it SORRY.

so could u please give me a lap/car and a time to try and beat so i can see if im any good thanks

5. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    lol, thats true. Maybe i should get you guys to ban me for 2 weeks, that oughta do it:grin:
    Well right now im trying again off of Filefront, link straight off the GTR2 website, and its running around 17 to 25 KB/sec:hit: but im using firefox this time as well.

6. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Two of the videos you downloaded off me yesterday contained Imola.

So, since you've seen tutorials on how to drive it, it would make sense to give that a go I reckon.

You can ignore the time in the GTL video because it doesn't apply in GTR2, but my time is at the end of my video. You can ignore that too though if you want, but if you want to compare then that's also ok.

So that's: Imola in Ferrari 550.

7. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I got mine via torrent in the first hour of release but I also got Hilbert to host it in our download section...

8. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I was a complete noob when i first started a few months ago as well. I am getting better but seem to be leveling off...(but still not pro like most guys on this thread).

I will try out BRNO and post my time.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, I still remember that morning, when you had the demo downloaded and I had to wake up to messages from you saying that it's out!!! There was a thread and you made 3 short videos for it too. I was sooo jealous. I just couldn't wait. Then I played Barca until I was stupid (mind you, was never really quick there).

10. TheDeuceMagnum

TheDeuceMagnum Guest

GPU:
    MSI 960 4G
    Whats up guys. Ive been playing this game for a while now. Still not that good at it, but it is definitely worth the money - 20 bucks. I gave up on the mouse control and now use my wired 360 controller and it runs perfect. I also get about 35-45 FPS. Thanks!

11. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Welcome DueceMagnum. How is the 360 controller working for other games too? Do you have any driver problems as I've read online?

Damien666, i was getting 2:09 on BRNO a while ago. I just retried it tonite with a Lambo. Took me a while but i got 1:59:856. :) We should race sometime.

12. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ok sure im at work half day and start in 30min so i will chat then

p.s. ive only a noob ive had a few faces and that it but im confident lol

13. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    did you mean to say:
    "I'm only a noob. I've had a few races and thats it, but I'm confident. lol" ? :)

btw are u in europe or usa?

14. TheDeuceMagnum

TheDeuceMagnum Guest

GPU:
    MSI 960 4G
    Hi, thank you. The 360 controller works flawlessly for GTR2, unfortunately, I do not really use it for any other games (i.e. RS Vegas, COH, etc...). I did try Vegas with it once and it gave me some hiccups and problems. I also tried it on another game (cant remember) recently and I had zero problems. The latest driver I have for the controller is about 3 weeks old. The reason I dont use is because of the problems you speak of and I prefer the mouse when playing FPS's.

15. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    *sigh* Well i got GTR2 now, and i think i can safely say my life is Over from now on!:D I'm going to be on it 24/7:)
    Sooo much fun.

Well i managed 1:52 at Monza and i am only using the default settings (well i didnt change anything) so it will be on Novice realism. So ill bump that up soon.
    The Lister is a really nice car but i haven't tried that many tbh.
    Bye, i have lots of practice to do.:rolleyes:

/well i didnt quite make 2 weeks Wild, but to be fair its GTR2's fault not mine lol:p.

Edit, ok i tried out semi pro at monza with a Streiff and i only got 2:06:( oh well back to practice i guess:)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007

16. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    See I knew I should've made a bet!

Monza? Ok, see if this video helps at all. (Right click, Save as).

I realise it has my time at the end, but I used to create vids out of all my hot laps for analysis purposes and so I can watch them at a later time. So the time isn't there to piss you off, but FYI something like a 1:45 would be competitive enough online. Thought the video might help you out.

17. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    lol, and you know i was actually thinking about waging a bet, luckily i didnt. I will still try to cut down my overall time spent on a pc but yeah it foolish to think i wouldnt return here for 2 weeks.

Anyway, thanks im dwnloading now.
    btw i edited previous post. i changed it over to semi pro, its much more fun imo. Although my accelerator pedal is a bit wierd, its either no power/sorta half/ or full power which makes it a bit fiddly to play.

18. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    For the pedals you should have a play with the in-game control config and also any software for the wheel/pedals themselves. Sounds like you need to play with the sensitivity or get it calibrated properly. I sold my wheel and I don't have the game installed so I can't remember what options are available.

And yeah, as you've found the Vertigo is one of the slowest cars on the game hence why it's in such a low class. :)

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Any of you guys online now? I feel like kicking arse...

20. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    *edit* Ok i have changed the realism to Simulation now i think ill keep it like that, is that what people race online on?
    Managed a 1:56 with a lambo @ Imola. Your video was excellent Wild, veery quick, im happy if i get 1 sec off my time, you wack 16 off it lol:smile:

another edit: o sry, i thought i was just editing my last post, my bad.