GTR2 Demo Available

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WildStyle, Jul 21, 2006.

1. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I think there are more fine details in GTR2, for instance, if you drive the ferrari in the cockpit view there's even a slight ridge in the windscreen that you can hardly even notice unless you're looking for it. It's weird though that they still haven't put AF settings in the config program!

Handling I haven't quite got used to yet, the car handles at low speeds better than GTR but in general it feels a little weird on the PS2 controller I use, it might be time to dig out the good old wheel again, what a mission lol

btw, the game looks so much better in motion than in screenshots

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm quite sad about the fact that people don't like this GTR2 demo... I like it and am quite possitive that there's some aids turned on no matter if u switch them off...

I know the full game will be "more realistic" (read a lot harder)... I still like it a lot, very good fun...

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yep, in motion with the sound turned up and the cockpit moving around it's a blast...

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    will upload a video soon... Keep an eye on this...

*** EDIT ***
    Ok, screenies from the video first...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rapidshare link: (29.2mb)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/26608419/GTR2Demo_2006-07-22_11-11-09-70.AVI.html

Since screenshots don't do GTR2 any justice, I decided to upload a short video for you... Not a special lap at all. 1:43:xxx "chasing" a Lister Storm... I made this video for you guys to see what it looks like in motion. Notice the cockpit movement as I go over bumps, also under braking... Well worth the download IMHO!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006

5. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
  6. compunut

compunut Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT SLI
    wow
    awesome video
    hey wildstyle
    how much did u say its size was??

7. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    The demo? 312MB. It should say that on the Guru3D download page as well.

8. pysik

pysik Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 460 OC 1Gb
    hey did you guys notice that two cars that they let you use have the country flag of the two teams that played in the final for the world cup.
    I like the game, i think its good, i also need a steering wheel, to make it better then it already is.

9. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    After giving it another thirty minutes I've managed to get sub 1:40 times but now I'm bored with it. Believe me, I'm not happy to be saying that, I've been waiting bloody ages for this game and what an anti-climax it's been. I'm wondering if I over-hyped it in my own mind and that's why I feel disappointed or maybe the demo is just mediocre? Maybe Imola, Spa or Monza would have changed my views. If assists have been included automatically then why? More and more I find myself thinking "they've made it this way to sell more copies" and that, if true, is a mistake. At the moment it feels like I've just been playing Toca3, which after an hour or two bored me rigid too. In my opinion nothing about this demo feels like a simulation.

I'm also now thinking that this demo is how a console would portray a racing sim. Driving aids or not, there is definately an arcade feel to it and this I don't like. I'd like to see the XBox360 version of GTR because I'm seriously worried it's the same game!

I've emailed SimBin, just asking why the demo is lacking the difficulty of GTR/GTL, why the visuals aren't exactly worthy of a PC and if these negatives are going to be in the final release.

Oh well not to worry if the final release is no better than the demo, I've still got GTL, and that my friends is a pure, in-depth, glorious and addictive racing simulator. :D

10. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    My thoughts exactly.

11. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    I found the game boring, it didn't 'grab' me like Most Wanted did. I'm into racing games that use cars we can really drive, like my Evo;) I found the way the cars handle seemed unrealistic, hell my Evo feels like it would go around those tracks better. I mean you come into a 45 Degree turn doing 60 and the car slides right off the track:rolleyes: These are million dollar cars here.

12. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    And another thing, what have SimBin been doing all this bloody time? I mean come on, they've had nearly a year since GTL and all they've done is added a few polygons to the cars of GTR and not much else. If it's taken a year to add those piss-poor damage physics and turn it into a kids game then.....well I don't know but I'm pissed off. I reckon they've been spending most of their time on the XBox 360 GTR game, probably learning from EA and realising that crap makes more money, they've sold us out, bastards.

That's it from me on this thread, I've suddenly gone mad, the only game I was interested in this year, or indeed this decade, looks like it's gone tits up.

I'm gutted.:mad3:

13. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I'm not too concerned that the demo was poor to be honest. I was expecting more than I got but that's no problem because I can simply continue playing GTL. That game is superior in every way.

Looks like Rob's the only one of us that loves the demo then.

14. LAN*bowL

LAN*bowL Guest

GPU:
    Asus strix gtx1080
    is their a way to enable Depth of Field?
    or did they scratch that from the game?

15. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    Hmm.. I think this game may be over-hyped. I have dowloaded the demo but will try it tomorrow:). I know why you all are complaining about graphics:p because at 800 x 600 16bit with medium setting and car detail max it runs at 30fps:D:D.

Just did couple of laps and riding on curves did feel little good. Physics are not worst:) Catilunya is boring track in not a fast car though. In F1 challenge RH2005 pack even I can do 1:21:xx and I know some guys with wheel and good setup to 1:13:xx. It feels good in a fast car. GTR2 car is not very fast.

I will play more tomorrow but I like this game. cockpit view is really good:cool:. LFS alpha2 (Live for speed) does not have amazing graphics but that game is realistic.

This game may not be very different from retail version,3 months may not be enough. But I am reasonably happy.

16. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    How can you compare the demo to what online play will be with the full version. The meat of this game the competition against a live opponent, i'd reserve judgement until you have raced online, your right racing bots is no fun, even though the ai is much improved....the full game will be much better.

17. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    eclap, i think u were god in GTR games but i was wrong. u cant even pass pos 16 lol. u have driving skills but the AI is too much for u.

18. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    Going to Agree with Storm here, I thought it would unwise to say the game felt a little arcady but someone else shares my opinion.

LFS <-- Is as real as it gets, cruising at 120MPH in an old school civic lookalike actually feels like 120, and the track design is much more detailed including blemishes on the actual track and other "small" details that increase the realistic experience.

You guys should try the LFS demo - the only thing bad about it is the sound. The cars don't sound too good in the game. Graphics aren't spectacular but the details are there.

19. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Does this game not save lap times in time trial mode? ffs.

20. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    You're such a smart arse, always have been. I'd love to see your effort.