GTR2 Demo Available

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WildStyle, Jul 21, 2006.

1. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I know that I'll look back on this video and lmao at it because I'll think it's crap, but considering this is a new game that I've literally only played for 10 mins when I recorded this lap, I'm using the stock setup and I'm on a new wheel, I don't think it's too bad.

This is a recording of a replay so it's a bit laggy, gear indicator doesn't work, etc.

http://rapidshare.de/files/33244348/GTR2_2006-09-15_19-45-27-07_1_.AVI.html

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  3. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
  4. faded

faded Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 OC
    Really enjoying the demo, definately going to buy the game when it comes out here :)
    Wish I could break under 1:40 on Barcelona though!

5. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    Yep it definately looks like fun but if you mean graphically, when you say "looks lame", then I'm sorry mate but apart from the car models it looks like Toca3. The track/scenery IQ is terrible and very reminiscent of a Codemasters racer. I don't think you can really say it looks amazing, OK is how I would rate it. And yes great graphics don't make a game great but in my opinion they sure do help, and I like games to look "up to date" otherwise I would have kept my Ti4600. The graphical leap from GTR to GTL was a forward one but GTR2 seems to have leapt backwards.

Anyway graphics aside it is a game worth playing and I'll pick up a copy within the next couple of months. There is still something that doesn't quite do it for me with GTR2, maybe it's the Toca look, maybe it's the "stuck on rails" feel the demo had, I don't know.

You chaps enjoy it, I'll join you at a later date. :)