1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA V: Cheat Tool Developer Must Pay $150,000 to Take-two

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 8, 2019.

1. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    People here are arguing whether or not it was the court's position to deal with this in the first place, but I think the bigger deal isn't whether or not they should have but this:

I think the omission of a statement of innocence shouldn't be allowed to be counted as assertion of the opposite.

2. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Again, that's not the point. You trying too hard.

3. TieSKey

TieSKey Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx870m 3Gb
    Emmm sorry but no. Making "cheats' is not illegal, not in the US, not here not in the moon. The guy was charged for copyright infringement, not even intelectual property but copyright... that means, using assets or lines of code property of R*.
    The "losing money" is not an argument, and god forbids it will ever be (cuz u know, a competitor makes u lose money, should I sue?), it was deemed as the consequence of the copyright infringement and "cheating" was never even mentioned because it holds absolutely no ground in a court (what is and what is not cheating? who decides?, etc).

To sum up, the correct analogy would be: YOU buy a "fake" Colt sight for your pistol which is in infringement of copyright (not even a patent, just copyright) and YOU kill someone, but you want to punish the sight maker for murder (again, in the case of weapons I'd actually like that being true, but it's not).

Yup, losing by default sounds terrifying....

Even more, R* is playing "local" by suing the guy on their preferred court by invoking the EULA of the game.... but copyright can't be infringed "IN" the game, so even the jurisdiction is weird.

Disclaimer: I never ever played GTAV, not even single player, I don't play online shooters and don't really like them. People calling us "cheaters" sound like little kids (sorry actual kids, u are not at fault here)

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    If you take your foot off the accelerator during the air - you lose speed.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    You know what kinda had enough of your BS mate, welcome to ignore

So what is the point? Wave your hands in the air and rejoice at the fact that Rcokstar have 'stopped' a cheat creator? I mean if it fits with the general opinion of the thread I can happily pat Rcokstar on the back for 'being the good guy here'??

What exactly IS the point of the thread because it seems any form of descent or questioning that Rcokstar may have to foot some responsability for making their game so easy to cheat in, doesn't hold well with the general opinion?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  6. kendoka15

kendoka15 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Doesn't seem like they ever made any efforts to stop cheating so suing cheat devs won't stop cheating because the game is so easy to screw with. Most online games aren't as full of cheaters as GTA V

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Just me and the cool kidz, sweet.

It doesn't, in no uncertain terms, make me WRONG!

Taking your foot off the accelerator in the air makes you lose speed - as dumb as that sounds, it is completely accurate and if you have issues with that, then take it up with:

Take-Two Interactive Games
    622 Broadway
    New York
    NY 10012

And, appologise to everyone for misleading them - including me.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  8. icedman

icedman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    this game has built in aim-bot does anyone still play this anymore? I was done as soon as i found that out.

9. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    Hopefully EA starts to go after the likes of Artificial Aiming and Engine Owning (who of the worse for rage cheats) This should send hopefully the right signal that Cheat developers are not long safe.

Good on EPIC and Rockstar for taking a stance now against the scum of the earth, If anything employ them to secure the games from cheaters (Just make sure no back doors are being made).

Heck even console players are now cheating in FPS games now a days. Something really needs to be done and this is just the first step.