gta 5 crossfire does not work properrly!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by fullban, Apr 14, 2015.

1. jaju123

jaju123 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Run the benchmark in single GPU mode vs crossfire and see if you don't see the same stuttering that I do in crossfire mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHPyb8l-7I4

2. Illyrian

Illyrian Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Super
    I have the basic graphic settings maxed out, but I had to disable everything in the advanced graphic settings to be able to maintain a constant v-synced 60fps @ 1440p (vsr'd) and even then once in a while I get minor stutter, but I still think you guys are overreacting to this by calling it constant stuttering. An actual stuttering problem is when every other second you get drops in Crossfire, I had that with Ethan Carter game and NBA 2K15 for example, just ended up disabling crossfire for them two games.

btw I want to point out something I don't see anybody discussing, but have you guys realized that the when you half your v-sync and lock it at 30fps, it's actually console smooth ??
    maybe I don't play enough games (probably) but this is the first PC game I've seen where a locked 30fps is console smooth and actually playable, even for a guy like me who still hasn't touched FarCry4 and Dying light because I can't get constant 60fps... that's pretty amazing I gotta say.

3. jeckop

jeckop Active Member

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
    My crossfire is working very well, i'm at 3200x1800 with just fxaa (v-sync on), everything else is maxed except post fx and grass on very high instead of ultra. I also have all advanced graphic settings on except extended distance scaling. I'm pretty sure there are some areas where I'm cpu limited (all cores at 95-100%), there the game drops to 55 fps, both gpus usage is between 60 to 97%. The game is overall smooth, there are some very little stutters when driving very fast through the city.
    I just want to underline that the few stutters are really annoying exactly because the game is so smooth so they ruin that good feeling and immersion.

4. frogmum

frogmum Member

GPU:
    Fury X
    When it stutters and I'm going through a busy intersection at high speed I crash my car basically everytime. It's very annoying. I've overclocked my cards, no ulps and cores unparked.

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Are you serious?

Is the best you expect from a 290X crossfire to be console smooth at 30 fps?

Is this amazing for you?

LOL

6. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
    I need to try one card, I did get some stutters when scanning while driving otherwise smooth as.

7. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
    If you try and create a profile for GTA5.exe on 15.4 it says it already has a profile.
    If you try it with PlayGTAV.exe it hasn't got one. Which is GTA V Online?

8. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
    I found going on the AMD Forums didn't get any real help or feedback from AMD.

The only way to pass on bugs was through twitter with the link to the report form on the forum.

9. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    [​IMG]

Calm down a bit. It's neither SLi's nor CF's fault. Hopefully the issues will be ironed out soon enough.

Stating that, how the hell are you dipping to 35FPS? I've never gone that low. I pretty much always stay above 60FPS. I play the game 72FPS @ 72Hz with no issue.

So don't draw conclusions just yet, about 290X, CF, and 1080p. Yes, 290X CF is overkill for 1080p 60Hz in 99% of scenarios, it's a crazy amount of GPU power for 1080p 60Hz. People with that kind of setup run 1080p 120Hz, 1440p 60Hz, 1440p 120Hz, and 4K 60Hz. You should be getting constant 60FPS with a single 290X at 1080p especially if you keep MSAA down (0 or 2x).

If you're still trying to run the game with everything max, you might as well give it up right now. No setup I have seen can run the game maxed without issue on a proper resolution suitable for the graphics setup used. 980 SLi has issues and that was the system Rockstar used to demo GTA V at 4K 60Hz. You can bet they didn't use max settings or simply ran scenarios that did not have FPS dips.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You sure about that?
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj134360.aspx

What you see in AB is not pagefile use, it's committed memory.

Because DX11 allocates system memory for VRAM paging and it scales with the amount of vram on your card , which is why I keep saying 8GB of RAM is not enough for a 4GB GPU.

With CFX/SLI the memory allocation doubles, so if you have 2x 290's 8GB of RAM will be sliced off before you even start playing. It's handled by WMM but the driver decides how much is allocated.

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Nice chart as you can see there is also a deep fall in this one.

Do you have some pics from quad 290x or dual 295x2?

There is an user post in here saying he is unable to stay +60 fps with a 290x quad.

I'm very calm thanks for your interest.

I'm not saying it's AMD exclusive fault or Rockstar exclusive fault but i'm sure they could do it better.

I hope you are right about the ironing of this problem.

I agree it's a crazy amount of GPU power for 1080p....BUT ONLY IF it's actually FULLY used which is not the case in cfx with this game!

I'm sure it's possible to play this game at +60fps lowering all in in game settings using a single 290X downclocked or even better as a user said at 30 fps console smooth. :D

As a 290x crossfire owner i expect to use his full power or near full power playing games and be able to have the best graphics using the best in game settings .

If i want console smoothness and downgrade i have GTA V in my xbox 360 or i could buy it for my PS4.

I don't want console smoothness i expect way better graphics with a 290x crossfire and 60 fps.

When i arrive at home i will upload the pic with 35 fps 52% gpu usage at stock clocks (1080/1250) with ALL in game settings maxed. right now i'm away.

I'm curious, please share the settings you lower in game to play always at 72 even driving and on top of roofs.

I'm nor trying to have 60 fps at 1080p with maxed settings right now it's obviously not possible without full use of cfx GPU power but i hope they (AMD and Rockstar together) fix or improve this usage %.

About GTA V 4K with 980 SLI turning off MSAA, reflection MSAA, grass and advanced settings will do the trick for +60.

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I wouldn't pay much attention to HardOCP....

When you consider the bulk of DX11 titles, you can see this one is a bit of an anomaly. All u need to do is look at the CPU scaling which is fubared, hopefully all these issues will be addressed in upcoming patches....

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Do you have a link for a CPU chart comparasion in GTA V?

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I've posted 3 already. What are u looking for?

I can't wait to test this myself, we've busted our 100GB cap so I can't get it til next week.

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    CPU vs CPU chart in GTA V, my 3770 locked at 4.1 ghz is not performing bad here load is well balanced in the 4 cores and never go higher than 80%.

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Traffic cap!

Hopefully i don't suffer this crap in my landline connection.

I have only a 20 GB cap on my phone connection.

17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Multithreaded DX11 engines should scale like below; more threads = better performance.

[​IMG]

GTA V core scaling seems great untill you put Intel/AMD together, then things go a bit sideways as u can see.

[​IMG]

Who knows...prob all best taken with salt atm.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  18. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Ofc he's unable to stay +60fps if there's an obvious bottleneck with the cpu. :D

If he had a 5960X overclocked to 5GHz then I'd be thinking what the hell. Then it's most likely the engine.

You need to have a cpu powering 100fps+ in all scenarios for you to have a fluid 100fps+ experience. It's as simple as that. If it's not that then it's the engine..

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Bored?

http://forums.guru3d.com/member.php?u=222743

http://forums.guru3d.com/member.php?u=262758

http://forums.guru3d.com/member.php?u=146971

20. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Since I don't have crossfire, this might be a bit presumptuous by me, but try two things:
    a) In the input setting, make sure you select DirectInput for the mouse, and not Raw or Windows.
    b) Disable vsync completely from the game, and only enable it through RadeonPro (in the Tweaks tab, Always On).

Can you check if you still get bad stutter then?