1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT HD Jesus Christ !...It's like real sh**

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GenerationGXX, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    PS-3 time? LOL :D
    i just got my christmas double payment, might buy one hehehe WOW that game looks like *add word here*... amazing?...no no.....photorealistic?...no no......SUPERB?.....no no. ....dunno.

roll on to DX10 and Windows Hasta-La-VISTA

2. WCASD

WCASD Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
    Eeek! Swee-yut.

3. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 FuryX 4GB HBM
    ..what can i say, it looks good....but PC is number 1, and pc will be number one.

4. senior98

senior98 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GT 512mb
    Chuck Norris DUH!

5. Templ

Templ Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GF GTX 970 Gaming
    ROFL! And who is he? PC or console fanboy?

6. senior98

senior98 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GT 512mb
    He is neither, Because all machines fear Chuck Norris..... and his beard.

7. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 380 4gb
    Here we see what optimizing game to some platform means. Everything can be used to make the best possible picture, this is console style. In PC where you have thousands of differend systems so optimizing can't be done. This just means that PC must have hell more power than console to make game look as good as in consoles.

PC = Serious power
    Consoles = Optimized (power)

Thats the reason I like PC, just wait for DX10...

8. Shaman391

Shaman391 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 66GT 128mb@600/1320 1.6ns
    great game :)
    P.S. chuck Norris smacked every villager in that dumb village twice :)
    and hi lost his verginity earlier than his father :D

9. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    Ok, just played NFS carbon demo. I know what you are saying:p. Rally style driving and making drift should have skid marks, mud effect would be even better, I hope they have that.

I still think this game will be between arcade and sim though. Skid or no skid marks, car detail looks amazing. may be the best in any game. Graphics obviously will not be that good because it is a replay video.

This game will be great I think. PGR3 might get 2nd place and Forza 2 will come in comparision with this. Good thing is that Sony has shown that PS3 can do great games. GT5 or their nexty version would be would be like :eek:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2006
  10. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    I'm laughing big time at all the fanboy crap. You PC/console fans really can't coexist, ain't you?. If someone says a slightly sensitive word like "ignorant" you just can't ignore the comment, instead some of you have to rant, sometimes even in bold font (I just hate when people resort to bigger font sizes/bold style to express their ideas) about the supremacy of one or another device. The truth is, this is a forum not a downtown bar, so please learn to respect others' opinions.

Of course, I'm talking only to those involved in the mentioned discussion.

As for me, I loved the graphics and videos :)

11. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    when gt wwas on ps2 it had better graphics than any pc game of the time , this is just the same , higher res i think thats why tis called gt HD :p . the graphics do look like taht ankit the graphics dont change just because its a replay

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well, graphics will look different from inside the car, the view will be very limited compared to that of the video and you won't have much time staring at the surroundings, since you'll be trying to drive fast. A lot will depend on the driving feel, if the driving model doesn't feel good, no graphics will save the game.

13. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 + GTX 970
    For the ones wondering gameplay. Its gonna be great, as i see its the same as in all the previous. GT manges to give you really nice driving simulation experience, every thing from how the car reacts with more power if you dont adjust suspension correctly etc affects how the car is going to handle. I remember there was a trick to pull of a wheelie. You had to buy the Suzuki pikes Peak edition(i think its called like that). Max it out and then you had to adjust some settings. Then you had to reach 24mph and it would make wheelie, that was cool. lol

14. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Dude that was GT 2.....

Things have changed since 2....They went crap.

15. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I am pretty sure the physics model will be improved. I mean they do have, dare I say, 100x the power under the hood compared to the PS2. But I do agree that the replay video will be better visually because it won't be rendered in real time. It will have more post proccessing effects and so on. The in game will still look good, better than any PS2 version. But I am very doubtful that what you will be playing is what they are showing.
    Remember it's Sony. They have yet to release anything that looks as good as what they have showed in the past as "real time" except FN3 but even the improvments they made on that could be done on the 360 if they took another year to tweek it.
    I plan on getting a PS3 when the price falls at least $100. I do like the company for thier quality. If the game deos look as good as what that vid has shown (It does look good) then that game WILL be the racing game to get. Potentionally the killer app. needed to win the war for Sony.

16. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    The replay video looks better but not because it's not rendered in real-time nor because it has some visual post-processing. It *is* rendered in real-time, otherwise imagine the amount of time it would take to actually see it, and the memory it would need to store such a big video (being it either RAM or HD). No, the replay is rendered in real-time. The trick is how they present it to us. First, there are a lot of different cameras, wide shots and angles. This gives us a view we'll never have while driving inside or right above the car. Second, and most important, the cars have no sponsor textures, just stock paint. Some might say, "what the heck, they have nothing to do with the look" but they do, because since they do not match the quality of the rest of the car, they make them look less realistic. Actually, to make a whole set of high-quality textures would take a *lot* of video RAM. That, for example, is why vinyls in NFS Most Wanted look so bad and pixellated.

17. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    So you agrre with me then. Good.

18. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    FF2 is my favorite FF also

19. Clements

Clements Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 670
    ROPs are not the same as pixel shader units. A 7800 GT has 16 ROPs with 20 pixel shading units and 8 vertex units. From the available info, RSX most likely has 8 ROPs with 24 pixel shading units and 8 vertex units. This continues to confuse many people who muddle them all up.

Fewer ROPs are not going to cripple RSX all that much, as pixer shading power is much more important for modern games than ROPs (that simply provide raw pixel/texel pushing power). This reason was the cause of the decoupling of ROPs and pixel shaders first seen in 2004.

20. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    the RSX works differently than a normal GFX card anyway and is much faster than a 7800GT or 7900GT

Offtopic: how are we mate aint seen you for a while , where you been??