GT HD Jesus Christ !...It's like real sh**

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GenerationGXX, Dec 24, 2006.

1. GenerationGXX

GenerationGXX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    Hello I have ps3 and i just downloaded GT:HD demo and playing on my hd, and my god must i say, the BEST looking driving game EVER. not ANY other racing game gets closer to photorealistic then this game.
    holy cow.

I took some pics and here are comparisons of REAL LIFE vs GT:HD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here is an INSANE replay
    http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/d483.html
    it looks like im really watching a real life wrc

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  2. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    wow, next gen, here we go :rock: :D

3. GenerationGXX

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    i swear, watching the replay of my crapping driving is INSANE! i mean the interior is sooooooooOoOOoooOo detailed.

4. mason666

mason666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 9800GTX 512MB
    Hey don't do that you'll make ignorant PC fanboys cry :p...
    Damn I wish I had my PS3 I have always loved GT and this one literally "looks" so good :).

Edit: Not meant to offend more of a joke than anything :)

5. Unstable_Hero

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Ya, it looks like what GT should have always looked like. :) I'm no fanboy but Ive invested in the pc for now. I can't wait for this to be released on pc :) And its only dx9!

:tomcat:

6. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    Wow, so people who have PC's and believe the graphics on a PC are 2+ times better then any console are ignorant? If this is what you believe then I know that you are the one who is ignorant my forum friend. I am too lazy to look up pics of computer games to blow PS3 out of the water, but I will let you know they are out there. Crysis is the main game that comes to mind, it pisses on GT lol and its a FPS. An FPS that blows a racing game away... pfft forget about it!!!
    Don't challenge a PC to a graphics war dude, its.. how do you say... "Ignorant," to say the least.

7. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

wow...they look surprisingly good. and this is on a 78/7900GTX video card. bullsh*t. how is that even possible.

8. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    Looks great.

Console graphics are ALWAYS great when they first come out. The problem is that while the PS3's graphics will get marginally better with optimization over time the PC guys will have R600's and G80s at least. By the time the PS3 is showing its age we will be well into DX10.

9. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    That video is insane , thats nothing like the screenshots I have seen. It looks like some kind of wierd hybrid CGI / Video footage. IF you deleted the crowd in that video then , wow just wow.

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    i have to side with Morketh on this one. people who want to play excellent, lifelike-looking FPS's invest in a killer PC. people who want to have realistic looking racing games invest in an overpriced console like the 360. Me.... i'm perfectly happy with my PC and Wii (both in the same room on the same monitor, mind you). Saying that posting pics like that will make PC fanboys cry is more ignorant than saying PC fanboys are ignorant. I'm fairly certain if the PS3 didn't cost a notch over half the price you'd have to play for a rather good gamin PC... it'd probably be worthwhile to get. but i can't see paying for a console when just about the only thing it stresses is BluRay... and apparently racing games where the only thing that matters is the rendering of the cars, while the rest can be one huge blur.

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Well, its clear that its been made with love. Fact of the matter is us pc gamers arent going to see those sort of graphics for at least 1-2years. Theres more developement cash going into GT HD and its proper sequel than 99% of games on pc. IMHO we dont even have a game that can match PS2 GT4 graphics-wise. Theres just more money to be made from consoles than pc games.

Our upgradability is also a curse, optimisation is tough and its a battle between supporting everything and getting the game out the door.

Oh, and btw, how many of us really have the cash to get the latest and greatest? Exactly.

12. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    fantastic, lets hope 360 can push graphics like that on the next racing game, Forza 2 maybe? I donno.

13. Unstable_Hero

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
  14. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    I don't know where you get your information from, but you need to start looking elsewhere. Go look up a game called Crysis, it is a FPS and has the best graphics and engine I've seen. One to two years before we see the graphics that a PS3 can produce...? I will leave that for someone else to comment on, I might go overboard. And wow, PC does not have a game to match PS2's GT4... I think Test Drive Unlimited kinna beats it.. lol.
    On one PC game alone, World of Warcraft, they make 105 million dollars a month off of their monthly fee. That is 1.26 billion dollars a year coming in off of ONE PC game. That is not counting all of the fees they charge for moving characters ($25 per move) and other things. That is only one PC game.. This is a monthly fee they get, not a one time thing like consoles. Do you know how many Massively Mutliplayer Online games there are? Just an estimate, but I'm guessing in the upwards of 40 or more. More MMO's are coming out every year because they are where the money is at. Ultima Online has been operating nearly 8 years... thats 8 years of $8-$15 a month from all of their customer, same with Everquest. I bet if you take all of the money made from just the MMO games it would either beat the money that any "one" of the consoles has made are stack up to it.
    As for how many people have the cash, why do you think the prices are so high? Because people have the cash, start taking a look at the specs people have in this forum (excluding mine, I am waiting 'till Vista to upgrade).
    Bottom line, don't underestimate the PC gaming market, it has always been the clear winner in the end.

15. brandonspikes

brandonspikes Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 560GTX TI Twin Frozr
    Hes lieing,those are RL pics
    damn,and i hate sony >_< thats like whoa

16. GenerationGXX

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI

too bad most of the best game franchises have been exclusively on consoles.
    unlike pc, it has crysis....okay...so....crysis....a shooter with good graphics, so what? in the inside it still same old gameplay as any other shooters, except with aliens from outer space (how original)

seriously, when crysis comes out, whats next? by the time it comes out consoles will be getting all the great games like:

Halo
    MGS
    GT5
    Forza
    Mass effect
    Lost planet
    Gears of war
    resistance
    Devil may cry 4
    final fantasy 13
    killzone

not to mention wii games like
    super smash
    metroid
    super mario
    ZELDA
    and alot more.

you, are underestimating console games
    while consoles are truely made to play games.

17. Darth Neo

Darth Neo Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 7800 GT OC
    I am living in both the console and pc world right now...I have a 360 that I play on a 50inch plasma and I just got a Gateway 24", 1920x1200 res monitor to go with my rig...I truly feel I have the best of both worlds right now...I still dont think there are many games my PC cant chew up and spit out right now and the 360 wont be replaced for probably 2 years at least...

Consoles are the least expensive way to game...pc's are the best quality way to game...

It does concern me to keep PC "up to date" you could spend money every month, and now with vista coming out, dx10...will my rig be obsolete? I am looking for some serious feedback from you "hard core" pc guys...how long before I have to turn my res below 1920x1200 to play the "latest game?"

18. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    i am going to be the first one to say everyone argues graphics when it comes to pc vs console

you know what my favorite game of all time is?

[​IMG]

its not because the game looks like this

[​IMG]

its because of the gameplay

if you guys are arguing about graphics your all dumb because thats not what games are about

EDIT: Now dont get me wrong, I love nice graphics just as much as anyone else its just that there is more to games

19. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    Bah, you guys are overestimating consoles, I have a 360 myself and I love it. I use it for games like Gears of War and Test Drive Unlimited. But I only play those games for maybe 3-6 hours a week. I play my PC games (WoW and BF2142) 70+ hours a week. I have been playing WoW nonstop since the day it came out, name a console game you play that much, and yes 10+ hours a day since the day it came out. Before WoW, it was Ultima Online, I played that game for 6+ years, before that Starcraft (I still play Starcraft ALL THE TIME) Consoles have to come out with all of these games because their games do not sustain gameplay. 48 hours to beat a Final Fantasty, then your through with the frickin game..
    Here's an idea, if you were to receive all of the games you listed and all of the systems, I bet I would play the new MMO Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, 5 times over then what you would play all of those games combined together. Even better, I can use my computer to download the console games for free Muhahaha PC>Console end of conversation.

20. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    WOW
    It looks incredible