1. machete

machete Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080/G12
    anyone know how i could turn off gsync just for csgo? i cannot stand the input lag :(

SyntaX likes this.
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/GTX 1060
    Placebo

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    theres a legitimate bug in the drivers causing this

4. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    What drivers, what games (/version), what screen modes...? What OS...?
    I think all he needs is an FPS cap or better yet, set Low Latency to Ultra (which takes care of it automatically for many games).

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    everything beyond 441.41,
    the broken behavior is that the refresh rate suddenly clamps to 60 for unknown reasons.

This has been coming up on nvidia forums for months for various 10 series notebooks in competitive FPS's

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/GTX 1060
    Oh, snap. Driver rollback then I guess...

7. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Active Member

GPU:
    16gb
  8. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Anyone can tell me also how to disable gsync from desktop? I mean I want gsync only when I start a game but as soon as I'm in desktop mode ia want gsync disabled.

9. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    I don't think GSync actually varies the refresh rate for the desktop compositor. If it's not disabled by a driver profile (hardcoded or otherwise) for WDM then it effectively becomes V-Sync anyways because V-Sync is enforced for WDM and G-Sync + V-Sync with no fps cap below the fresh rate is virtually the same as regular V-Sync (and I am not sure if it's even possible to apply an fps cap to WDM).
    If you mean the display switching into VRR mode whenever G-Sync is enabled in NVCP then I consider that beneficial. Most displays have the lowest lag in VRR mode and why would you prefer a lagging mouse on the desktop (also considering CAD drawing, etc)?
    And how could G-Sync work for windowed applications if the display wasn't always switched into VRR mode? Should it always switch back and forth, potentially with visible flickering whenever you launch a windowed application that's not excluded from G-Sync?

He doesn't seem to have a notebook.

I don't see this 60fps cap in CS-GO. I had to repair the local files after the last update to even launch it without freezing but it works fine.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020