GRAW2 Ageia Island Footage

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

I'll leave the debate about the physx cards for what it is but this is a sneak peak at the fully accelerated level for GRAW2 that Guru3D wanted to share with whoever is interested its pretty impressive....

More...

2. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    i don't want to get flamed again about my views on physx but i just wanna say crysis will also have this kind of destruction system only scaled down but will be included in the whole game and it does not use physx acceleration. i love the level and i wish all graw 2 had theese kinds of levels, but i do not to spend extra 200 euros to enjoy them, maybe i am cheap lol but really this whole physx is a good thing but why the hell they do not put it as an instruction set in a CPU's core???

3. Cold Fussion

Cold Fussion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 260 gtx (216sp)
    Because until we had quad cores, there wasn't enough juice to run physics on the cpu. Its a shame we didn't have the physics card 10 years ago.

4. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    Looks great , Like Crysis Im not a Fan of this type of game and tbh they looks similar..

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Imo C2D CPU @ 3+ GHz could run this in any game. One core for game, other for physics. Big deal calculating those few leaves, palms and those wooden planks flying around heh... You'd be surprised how well all this runs on "just" CPU when done properly. But since no one tried and games hyping Ageia work like **** when they can't detect Ageia card... well ppl just don't know.

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    i think my c2d would die and crawl if it tried to run that

7. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Extreme 8800GTX 621/2160
    HL2 was first to have Phsx and it worked great on even a 2.0GHz Athlon64

I will be looking forward to Half life Ep 2 thats supposed to use Phsx on the CPU aswell wont be as good as that but im sure if they tweaked that it could be as good.

8. Pat the Cat

Pat the Cat Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 6800 Ultra 425/1120
    Demo appears to be somewhat lacking in gameplay.

I don't see how you can use one core for phys calc and the other for game calc. If the phys calcs don't interact with the game calcs, then you end up with eye candy that has no effect whatsoever on the game.

Remember the GRAW demo? Everyone bitching about how it looked great on the screenshots but added nothing to the game?

Same story here, I think.

9. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    quad sli8800GTX @826/2900 :) (H2o)
    actually there is already a thread on this in the game section about 4 days ago.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=2320385#post2320385

in the thread I have an HD720p version of the trailer Ageia gave me you can download .. you can see allot better!
    hilbert if you want to switch the you tube one with mine it will be better for your guest.. just a thought.
    @pat the cat.. it def not the same thing.. the entire level and demo is PhysX'd .and debris and shrapnel and anything you blow up can kill you and hurt you indirectly..so if you want to collapse lets say ya roof because the enemy is "dug in" you can..

10. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    If the framerates are the same -> Cool
    If they aren't the same -> screw PhysX :)

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    And what makes you think two cores (aren't) can't? interact(ing) with eachother?
    That would be dumb really... Physics are always synced by the graphical part, frame by frame.