Graphics issue - continued and update

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Ewilusz, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Ewilusz

Ewilusz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560gtx 1gb
    So I have posted a lot on having the white dots/line issues in some games on certain textures. More recently I posted on having the "Drivers have stopped working and recovered issues"; I solved the latter because my graphic card exploded, and when I put my other 6870 in it stopped.

However, I still get the white dots/lines in certain textures and I have done the following to try and solve it:

Rollback/update drivers
    Reformat HDD
    Memtest - passed 11 hours
    Prime95 - passed 9 hours
    Two 6870's - same issue with pixels (one recnetly exploded - driver issue [new one too wtf])

and some other random things.

SO........It is either a few things and would like your insight:
    1: Bad mobo?
    2: Bad PSU (Doubting but can be?)
    3. HDD ( again doubting)
    4. Games hate amd drivers?

Thanks in advance for any insight into my problem. Now I must go yell at newegg for my new card exploding on me.

2. steveyc27

steveyc27 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    The fact your gpu "exploded" I wonder if it somehow damaged your pcie slot?

Did you try installing your gpu in a different pcie slot to see if that works?

3. Ewilusz

Ewilusz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560gtx 1gb
    I can try tomorrow, but I am using the same pci slot for the other card w/o the driver error yet. Though will try for pixels I guess. Ty in advance.

Also for clarification, I had the white pixels on the pci-slot for the old card before the new one exploded in it. So existing issue which leads me to think motherboard maybe, though I don't know if a motherboard would do that.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  4. steveyc27

steveyc27 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    To rule out motherboard you can try your card in another PC. Did you have your cards overclocked?