Graphics card not supported?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Elysianarcane, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Elysianarcane

Elysianarcane Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6620G 512MB
    yeah no luck.

2. Bl@ck_Thorne

Bl@ck_Thorne Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Jetstream
    try to run a single card and insert the card to another PCI-e slot

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  3. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Could be a Windows f**k up, I see a lot of games failing randomly because the OS install is screwed up. I have a friend who's PB fails on BFBC2 no matter what ... and I stipulate that it could be something in Windows that's screwing it up since her settings and my settings are the same. We only differ on hardware but that shouldn't affect pb.

deltatux

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @ElysianArcane - I seem to remember japamd's RadeonPro having an option to fake the vendor/device IDs of other graphics card so you could try that to see if it's a workaround for your issue. You could try the HD6970 or even an NVIDIA card. At least then you'd be able to play it until you can find a more permanent and proper fix for the problem.

5. mansonfamily

mansonfamily Member

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ventus OC
    Maybe you recently upgraded your video card, and not removed the old one entirely. Your game may see the old one.
    If it is so, try this:

1. Open a Command Prompt and type:
    Set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 press Enter

Devmgmt.msc press Enter

In the Device Manager window that opens, go to the View menu and select 'Show Hidden Devices'
    If the old card is stil there uninstall it

6. honkeykrakker

honkeykrakker Master Guru

GPU:
    Another thing it could be is if you flashed your GFX Cards BIOS. I have a 6950 with unlocked Shaders, stock Voltage, and stock Clocks. A few games I load tell me that I have an unsupported video card, than say it is a 6900 Series. But I do not have any options greyed out when I tell it to run anyway.

7. Paul L

Paul L Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    I noticed on the console that the game doesn't run a custom render path for my 4890.
    Maybe it doesn't have custom render profiles for ATi/AMD cards as you know who had
    some say & play during Crysis2 development... yup none other than nVidia