Graphics are stagnant.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SerotoNiN, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    I think games are slowly evolving making people believe they look about the same. I thought the same too but recently after playing shadow of the tomb raider I went back to tomb raider from 2013 which looked dull, poor textures and object complexity although I remembered it looking a lot better.
    I hope ray tracing finds a proper place in game design, it's fine for GI and shadows but picture clear reflections? It's like going back to 90s, no thanks.

2. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    Control is bangin' rays n all... psh...

3. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I'm sure that in 10 years people will say 4K looks bad and doesnt have enough pixels because they'll be on 8K.

XP-200 likes this.
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    The best looking game since crysis is probably battlefield 1 and the beta for star wars battlefront, that game looked sick for it s time in 2016, so i guess

Dragam1337 likes this.

5. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 2080Ti OC
    It's obviously subjective but nothing about BF1 really knocked me for 6! Battlefront does have something about it, yes, particularly the sequel.

ramthegamer likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Control looks amazing. With all the rays I dare to say it looks better than red dead 2.

K.S. likes this.
  7. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 2080Ti OC
    I will find out in a couple of days just how good (or otherwise) RDR2 looks.

As for amazing - wish I could see that. Maybe I need something else other than snazzy reflections and rays - probably doesn't help the performance of the game is so ridiculously poor though.

8. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 2080Ti OC
    I just ran Control again - either I'm going nuts or it looks a bit better than I remember. And the performance seemed a little better too. I'm probably going nuts.

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    sometime it can be the small detail gfxevolution if u need to notice them not always with total succes tho

games two years apart

K.S. likes this.
  10. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 2080Ti OC
    Nothing small about it between Wildlands and Breakpoint - don't need to watch that to know the latter pastes the former visually.

11. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    In my opinion, games' graphics in general are fine these days, it's more about the atmosphere and the artistic approach. Destiny 2 is a really good example of having a great atmosphere and artistic approach; the color scheme of that game is simply amazing. Even in WoW, the artistic approach is quite amazing, especially for game that is over a decade old. A game's story, atmosphere, art, music, and graphics fidelity should all compliment each other. Just having the most detailed visuals doesn't always translates in to a great game, similar to how having the best CG in a movie doesn't always translate into a great movie. My 2 cents.

haste and ramthegamer like this.
  12. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    Agreed :cool:

Undying likes this.
  13. David Burgo

David Burgo New Member

GPU:
    I want a racing game that can ray trace. Then, I think you might enjoy some photorealism.

14. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 2080Ti OC
    So on the topic of RDR2, Control and general graphics quality, I have been sampling R*'s epic as well as revisiting Control while having a look at CoD and Breakpoint.

It may be my needs and what I judge are different, but for me the best looking of these four games, at the points, is Breakpoint, with Control very close behind.

I think what I need in games is detail - finesse. Looking at surfaces and detail in Control and Breakpoint and they look 4K, precise, and extremely minute.

In RDR2 the textures look upscaled from HD in places. It looks good but nowhere near what I hoped for. CoD is rotten for this so far.

But then others may want realism in movement, and RDR2 is pretty impressive for that, plus its weather effects.

Then there's ray tracing. I'm not sure I'm digging it much yet. Control does look good but not jaw dropping.

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Agreed.
    While all DICE games do look nice... they also all kind of look... the same. Which, they stopped "wowing" me a long time ago.

16. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 2080Ti OC
    BF3 was the last one to genuinely impress me.

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    It's true, they kinda look the same as of battlefront 2015 and bf1 - but i'd argue that bf1 actually look better than the later games. I reckon that the lack of development in graphics is down to the slowdown in hardware improvements... gpu improvements are slooooow these days, hence why i am still using 1080 sli 3,5 years later.

But i really don't get how you couldn't be wow'ed by battlefront in 2015... it was truely something to behold visually !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ofc bf1 added to this, looking even better

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019 at 12:43 PM
  18. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 2080Ti OC
    Battlefront 2 was definitely a looker.

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    all great looking games indeed

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    newer games let alone newer games in franchise dont mean it look better, I will argue to my last breath the Fear 2 looks worlds better then Fear 3 and that mostly cause Fear 3 was developed for consoles and port to the pc with the same textures that where on console that were worse then fear 2 textures, extreme case maybe?

I will say Nioh graphically looks just details and Sekiro for the pc on same setting other then art style but graphically the same. all the CoD game look the same graphically to me too be it console or pc.

Graphically I dont think things are gona change too next gen consoles are out. then then I dont think the difference is really gona noticeable to alot people.