Grand Theft Auto V Leak Leads To Bans

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by PhazeDelta1, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    Perhaps you got me wrong or I didn't express myself right: what I said is that if you already bought the game, why get a pirated copy (which besides may or may not be a fully finished product)?

2. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    You'll also find that a lot of console pirates distribute, so the problem is larger than it first appears from looking at torrent numbers. Most PC gamers download their ripped games themselves, there may be a few markets where people with poor internet do the same for PC games but it's definitely not as widespread. I'd say with the shift for many to smart phones and tablets that this will become an increasing problem, not one of my friends who games primarily on consoles has access to a PC capable of burning disks.

Consoles need to be modded in order to pirate games, more often than not people make money by offering these mod services as well as games. You can find them easily enough almost anywhere in the UK and I imagine much of the rest of Europe and the USA with a little looking around.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The fact so many are thinking the console version being leaked proves anything is rather strange, either you are missing the obvious or choosing to ignore it.

Ignoring the fact PC piracy is easier, you only have to look at how many people will buy this game to see why it's not as huge an issue for developers.
    TBH, it wouldn't surprise me if the 360 version has higher sales, even though it was the version leaked.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The console still works, you just can't play it online. By playing on Microsoft's network you agree to their terms.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    It does work, but you will eventually get banned, then it will not work.

Banning is done in waves and takes who knows how long.

And it's a hardware ban, not an account ban, the particular xbox can no longer access live.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    That was exactly my point. The console will still work even if its banned from xbox live.

7. Megabiv

Megabiv Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    You're not alone I have 0 interest in it too... in fact I lost my GTA interest with San Andreas many years ago.

I'm rediscovering my love of 2D fighters, side scrolling shooters and turn base games (Xcom + Space Hulk) among others. I guess that's what saturation does to you.

8. Mojojoe

Mojojoe Member Guru

GPU:
    :
    I think he was referring to the people that pre-ordered and received the game early. In these cases the distributor is at fault.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    *Was* easier, last generation.

Flashing a new firmware doesn't take more than 2 minutes and it only needs to be done once in a blue moon and the games don't require installation since the entire thing is on the HDD anyway. Console "installation" won't speed it up any more from that point.

Flashing a new firmware or installing a game, one doesn't take longer than the other. Same amount of time spent.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No *is**

Nothing is easier than copying a cracked .exe into a folder.

11. NAMEk

NAMEk Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    If it leaked, you can't complain on anybody just on yourself. Company itself had to make sure of the security of those files/names.... GTA is great game for a lot of us, except crappy ports since ages... And about cracking/flashing we have to thank guys who dedicate their spare or maybe useful time to crack it. If the game is great i'll buy it anyway, if i don't have money - company has my respect. And if they think that they lose a lot of money by pirating they are nuts, cause most people who uses cracked/illegal copies of games/software don't have that much money to spend. At least they would earn respect. Look at EA there were times when it was my best company ever and now hated along with Microsoft and any other same sh*t doing companies.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  12. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    As Neo said...you don't even have to do that...just install&play..

13. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    In game would your character be expected to buy a video game, or obtain it by nefarious means?

14. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    hehehe...^

15. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    While this is correct (for the XBOX) anyone who does things right and is cautious will never get banned. You can't get banned if you don't get flagged.

I've had my XBOX flashed since 2010 (for around 3 years) and i also flash them for a bit of side money to help pay bills and not one of the people i've done it for has been banned either because they only do what i say, that and i only backup the games that i legally own. Downloading ISOs online is a good way to get banned if they've been tampered with.

I buy all my games, but the good advantage of having backed up discs is never having your retail disc get scratched and not work. Bit of a freak in that respect.

Not a problem so much these days on PC with all the digital disties.