Grand Theft Auto 6 to keep its single player elements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 14, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Singleplayer is what made GTA so great throwing all that away for some multiplayer full of cheaters and forgetable missions would be just dumb. Even rockstar knows that.

3. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I had never played a Gta game until i purchased Gta 5 and was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the story mode but i think they`ll be hard pressed to create a character better than Trevor.

4. Sara6Girls

Sara6Girls Member

GPU:
    Rx6800xt+3080ti
    This pic from need for speed 2012 most wanted remake .

Attached Files:

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Niko Bellic is a better character than Trevor..... although that is just my opinion.

6. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Trevor is just a over the top character.
    Nico is great, not Arthur Morgan great , but still a great character.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If we talk best character thats Ray Liotta....i mean Tommy Vercetti.

Dragam1337 and CrazY_Milojko like this.
  8. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Without singleplayer GTA series would lost its soul. GTA V is the perfect example how many years one game could last if developer/publisher is taking care of the balance between singleplayer and multiplayer content. I don't game for a while but it was helluva fun for me just to sit behind and watch three of my kids playing GTA V: one day few hours of singleplayer, next day few hours of online gamaplay with their friends, day after more singleplayer + online. Rockstar knows the perfect recipe, no way they would ditch singleplayer content from any future GTA game anytime soon.

Undying likes this.
  9. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Tommy is probably my favorite GTA character so far.

Dragam1337 and Undying like this.
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ohh that reminds me I found this really cool artist a few days ago who has been doing some recreations of some of those GTA characters, they look so cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Artists Artstation https://www.artstation.com/hossein_diba

Artists Twitter https://twitter.com/HosseinDibaArt

SamuelL421, CrazY_Milojko and Undying like this.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    It won't be the same without Dan Houser.

pedropaulo likes this.
  12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Not impressed. They are certainly extremely well done, but are not representative of the original characters, as they have changed the original characters that were stylised cartoon representatives of American stereotypes and stereotypical perceptions.

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Arthur morgan is a better character.

FreizyFarhan likes this.
  14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Brucie.

And good they keep SP, they might as well sell an online only variant like they did with RDR2. I personally would still play SP and then maybe see about MP (and how many cheaters are around)

15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Was there really any doubt they wouldn't have single player? GTA5 was [one of?] the most expensive games ever produced, largely because of single player. People who know the series well came for the single player and stayed for the multiplayer. Some people (like myself) only spent maybe 1 or 2 hours on multiplayer and felt "meh, not interested".

I'm not sure I'll bother getting another GTA though. The production quality of GTA5 was great but I just didn't care for the story. I didn't like Michael at all - he was full of himself, whiny, and the cause of all of his gripes. Franklin's character didn't match his actions. One moment he seems to have a good heart, the next he's just mowing down people without the slightest hesitation. Trevor was interesting and entertaining, but not relatable (which can matter as a playable character).

I liked all of the playable characters in the GTA4 series (including the DLC) better. Niko was just an immigrant looking for a better life and was dealt a bad hand. He had an excuse for his skills and stoicism. Luis was a young nobody who knew nothing but a life of crime. He was similar to Franklin in the sense that he had a conscious, but Luis's life was forced - he had to do what he needed to survive, whereas Franklin had multiple chances to take his life in a better direction. I didn't really care much for Johnny, but his campaign was interesting because he's the only playable character in the entire franchise (that I'm aware of) who was already high up in a crime organization, so you weren't doing a bunch of grunt work for other people half the time. Sure, you could argue Michael was too, but he basically got rich off a heist and kicked back and relaxed in life.

SamuelL421 likes this.

16. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    I didn't know there was any question about single player either? It's what rockstar does best, myself and few others I know have beaten GTAV and honestly never even tried the online mode. I know enough to know that it's not meant for me and that's fine, I didn't bother wasting any time on it.

I have similar feelings on the characters too... the setting and characters in VI will have to really sell the title for me for me to buy it at full price / get excited about it. I played GTAV in fits and starts for a few years, didn't finish the game until maybe 2018. That said, I really enjoyed the story, just didn't have a strong connection with the characters or west coast setting.

schmidtbag likes this.
  17. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    It would be, shame that's EXACTLY what they did with GTA5. They promised that the game would have some additional SP DLC and once it turned out that the money lay in pumping out poorly balanced, bug ridden grindfest content for their cheat ridden MP they totally forgot that the game actually had a singleplayer element along with a player base who wanted more content for it, you couldn't even get most of the MP content IN SP.

FreizyFarhan likes this.
  18. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    The fact this has to be mentioned is sad

19. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I Would have to abandon gta all together if they cut out single player the muliplayer is garbage between the auto aim mechanic built in and the hackers that have overrun every game I try to join.

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I never even got round to playing the 5th one yet, it sitting on the shelf next to Horizon Dawn, Just cause 3 and Mafia 3. Lol