Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    think I'm gonna wait for the pc version. Not paying over £40 for this.

2. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 3080
    It's not over £40. Already sent you a message earlier. I do understand about waiting for the PC version though.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It is over £40 if I want to pick it up tomorrow morning :)

4. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 3080

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Car handling is awful. every vehicle is similar. like on ice. no feel of weight. Sht rockstar listened to whining gamers and ruined it.

Rest is cool for now.

6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I might have to avoid this thread until tomorrow afternoon! You better use *spoilers* :p

7. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    Some people like to think, the more difficult is to drive, the more realistic driving physics must be. But there are games like forza, GTA5, and other car simulators, and these tittles are easy and fun to play. For me GTA4 car handling was just horrible, totally unrealistic. It made GTA4 game experience very sluggish, while previous tittles in the series were very dynamic and responsive (fun to play). So I'm glad, they have improved car handling in GTA5. I have read 2x GTA5 reviews and both of them say that car hanling is much more fun to play this time. And BTW I think Rockstar take into consideration opinions from most poeple, and they done the right thing :)

8. Dillinger

Dillinger Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Car handling in GTA 5 is horrible.

The tires just stick to the road while you instantly go from full speed to a dead stop and turn on a dime...ugh as if you can't get anymore dumbed-down.

That by itself has turned me off this game completely.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Thats weird, its supposed to be different for every car. there are even tuned cars driving around which all are different from normal ones or cars you tuned yourself. Also driving is different with all 3 characters.

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Don't worry guys.
    If you don't like how CURRENTLY the handling it, PC version will fix that. With mods, of course.

11. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Arrgh get my game tomorrow but half life 2 vr mod is just released based off official support, oculus rift plus my in game hands reflecting my real hands 1:1 with the hydras, not trying to be an ass in terms of what this thread is about, but how the f*** do you choose which to play?

12. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    First you take a breath...

13. 8800gts320mb

8800gts320mb Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gtx 760 2gig
    Got ps 3 version! !

Choppy frame rate id say atlesst 10 fps especially in built up areas .
    Cars lorry buses etc have no weight to them handling is ****!!

Sometimes unplayable! !
    Only good thing it looks flipping beautiful. And the story is awesome so far map is flipping huge .

Dont no if it's my ps 3 but flaming hell that frame rate is bad!! Ps 3 is pushed too far!!

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'm not getting this anytime soon.
    Mostly as I'm not a fan of Rockstar or GTA. But, people are trying to convince me to buy it because of review scores.
    Any idiot could've stated GTA5 was going to get glowing praise at it's release. That's not a surprise.

I'm waiting for feedback from my friends, people I know and trust... I want to see/hear what they think after spending some time with it.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    How can anyone be so stupid and even think about it at a counter for PC Version, announcment whatever!?!

It clearly when the timer reaches 0 that its 01.10.13 when GTA Online is starting. Also those low-res pictures and with whois.net you can check that the site is not from RS, etc. all those stupid articles now about it, really....!? :bang:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013

16. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    12:13am and not showing up to download.

and I will only have 12 hours to download and play today... hurry the f*** up

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Why no pre-load!?

18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    its really messed up in the store.

I had to go to news feed to download it.

now it wont let me download... not enough space....:bang:

edit: fixed storage problem.

200 minutes download.

wtf sony. why no preload....

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  19. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Can't see why ppl hate the vehicles tbh. I played GTA IV recently and yes, GTA V feels totally arcade at first, but after 15mins you get used to it.

There's DEF a unique feeling to different cartypes like small frontdrive cars, backdrive cars, lowriders, long family cars, trucks, vans, bikes, motorbikes. I noticed my back is easily spinning around when i'm in the Camaro and going full speed over little bumps.

I agree that its far more easier and therefore you tend to go faster at all times. Breaking is too easy, but only when staying in line, once you drifting sideways your car slides like forever .... maybe something to make drifting more fun?

Still, driving feels good after 15mins for me. Surely not something you'd give up this game for.

Framerate is going down in some areas (feels like 15fps), but since i'm used to pc fps this is no surprise.

Excellent: there's no transition into or out of a cutscene into the actual game where you take control of a char, feels like playing a movie. Animations are top notch! Seeing Michael get out of his car, take a call on his phone in the same move and going upstairs, opening the front door of his house - everything is totally smooth as if done in 1 motion capture animation. Awesome!

Playing catch-the-ball with your pet is great fun! If you don't go out with your dog often you'll find a bigger pile of sh*t everytime to go behind your house. xD

Several times i stopped exploring because ppl came running by me from a distant gangster shootout. You see police chasing gangster drivers, ramming them, accidents, ppl & their pets running away. Ppl react far more intense when bumbing into them.

I went to a car and tested the alarm by kicking it, a guy from a shop came running to me and wanted to smash my teeth lol! :D

GTA V just feels ALIVE! Best game ever

20. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I agree with you but was wondering how they make GTA 5 appear silky smooth in the videos yet it lags like a bitch...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.