1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    :D

Will look into that :)

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Or... just play the game as is, because even without SweetFX or any graphical filters... the game is still stunning.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Yeah original is just fine, some use too much tinting or saturation and looks almost worse.

RichGuy
    disable FXAA - too blurry and use 2xmsaa or maybe driver MLAA.
    You also can disable ingame AF and force it in drive profile for sharper distant filtering.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

ingame downsampling x1.25
    [​IMG]

Use all those sliders like that for best distant rendering, btw grass @ v.high had bigger impact then all these settings combined, I have to use high or it can go bellow 40fps :D

Yeah it now reading it properly 8GB combined, ~ 3.5GB on each gpu makes that ~ 7GB. Good that you finally sorted it out :pc1::)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

Imo, it looks best as is.

All of the reshade configs ive seen all seem to have far too much red, green or blue injected into them or everyone is trying to make it look like GTAIV ice/enb.

The game could use a bit of a sharpening, but other than that, vanillas best, imo.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Having got my new 970 in last week, all my upgrades are done.
    And now, with 16gb of Ram and the 970 GTX... I loaded up GTA5 and damn.

Being able to crank up the settings, the game looks amazing. And runs so damn smooth.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Nice one! Congratz, man.

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Will have a play about :)

Yep, can't believe just updating the drivers sorted it out, runs bloody great now, can finally start playing it proper, and thanks :D

The neighbours must have thought wtf!, as when i seen the memory looking ok, and the memory bar now filling correctly when i upped my settings back to normal again (as just left em all low while it was buggered), i was thinking, hmm, im not getting my hopes up yet though, got to start playing, as was still expecting it to be stutter, hitch city. :p

Then when i came out of my house and got into my car, thought right, here we go, and just belted down the long rd going, nope, its fine, its fine, its still fine, its still bloody fine, Woohoo!, jumped off my seat and was jumping up and down shouting, Yesssss!, its bloody working! its ******* working!, with stuff flying down off the top of my my wardrobe, i was going nuts, jumping about like a loony :D :D :D

8. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Has that extended shadow distance slider been fixed now ?
    I always thought it made shadow pop in more obvious, it certainly used to !!!

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    If its @ 0 it doesnt render shadows in distance buildings etc.

I was standing in more populated area with hills and houses/tress on hills and as soon as I enabled distanced shadows it showed it on those objects. That up close shadowing - bilinear line is still present though, adjusting that breaks other stuff like lower distance shadows and or rendering it up to only certain point in the distance.

Also this bilinear line seems to be most noticeable only by afternoon shadows.

Same with high detail when flying and extended distance scaling - both connected and raise /render distant objects properly instead of popping up while you move on foot or drive around, its not just for flying.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Stupid performance from these cards. :D

[​IMG]

Grass Detail High, my 290X got 47fps out in amongst it. :p

11. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Got a bug with 1.24 update.Whenever I try to access emails the character gets stuck holding the phone.Keyboard and mouse click controls are rendered useless and I have to use my controller to exit the game, restart it and controls come back.
    However, with the 1.27 update, this does not happen.
    On a side note, in between swapping files I tried the 1.28.1 update again and the hitching is still there in firefights...1.24 and 1.27 it's completely gone, so it can't be my system.

For anyone interested in downgrading to 1.27 patch, steam version.Files are clean, but it's always good practice to check for yourselves before executing.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2k3y9b8w8rujtk/GTA5_1.0.372.2.zip?dl=0

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just had a 73mb update through Steam.

EDIT: Everytime i start the game now, Social Club pops up saying, Sorry, An Error Has Occured, with a load of guff, that i havn't got time to read, as the game loads ok, but, it runs like absolute **** now :(

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  13. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Apparently it's just a launcher update.

14. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Yea same chit! 1.27 for me! Thnx for the heads up though!

15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Just finished doing a session of racing. Apart from the catch up system still being an utter joke the one thing that is starting to really annoy me is the griefers. Surely everyone has encountered these bell ends. The losers who despite having all the advantages thrown at them (customs off and catch up on) decide that they will turn round and drive the wrong way round the circuit, smashing anyone and everyone they can hit.

Surely the second the wrong way indicator pops up it would be possible to make their car non contact? You know put an instant and pretty damn effective stop to these morons? At the moment all you can do is use the report button and hope Rockstar does something about them either that or pray the host isn't a total moron (95% of them are by the way) and kicks them at the next lobby.

16. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Yeah it's sad. Making them non contact in certain situations would prob work for ppl driving around the wrong way, but then ppl just find another way to annoy you.

If griefers wanna grief they'll always find a way. Vote them off the server.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    When I race I'm always the host, and always make it non-contact. Problem solved and everyone focuses solely on racing.

18. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    this

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    I can't believe I actually managed to do the final heist with randoms first try, one of them had the kuruma in nearby apartment and it was piece of cake with this exploit. I had tons of rage in the other setups/heists and on top of that "all in order" and "first time completion" cash bonuses didn't work (first time worked once I think)... oh well, at least I got to experience the cutscenes and dialogue, they were hilarious. :giggle2:

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I just built my kid a new pc, he does not have internet at home now and cant play gta v at all now. Is there any way to force offline mode in the game so he can play single player, he said the only option when it fails to connect online is try again or exit. My copy works in offline mode when I disconnect the internet.