Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fr33jack

fr33jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    So let me get it straight...legit users (like myself) will be banned by "R" for using some essential mods (SP only) like Immersive Hud, FOV changer, GTAIV Style Exit Vehicle (Engine on/off), Better Car save, Speedometer etc.??!

2. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    If they don`t affect the Online part then you have no problem.

3. fr33jack

fr33jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    But what about all of those posts about users get banned for using FOV mod in SP?

4. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    Some Q&A from R*

few common questions asked, mostly Console peeps, wondering when the PC goodies are coming to them!!! few bits on their stance on Mods too!!

5. fr33jack

fr33jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Thanks a lot Li4m for pointing it out to me...I'm feeling much better now :)

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    ^ This, just don't use it when going online.

7. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Thinking about getting this game i will not be modding I will be playing on 40in 1080p TV 60hz what level of graphics can i expect to play at.

my specs are the system that i will be using

slightly worried about all banned posts I have been reading also read some that have not modded but have cash from people who did mod and got banned.

8. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    you can easily play on the highest setting or near highest no issue

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    just dont cheat online and you're fine

as for the money thing, if you get given dodgy money they take it back off you, report it yourself if you want to be in the clear

10. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I swapped my 970 for a 980 a few weeks back.

You will be ok mostly with everything at its highest, except msaa which you will probably need x2 (but just enable mfaa in control panel to improve it) and grass.
    Grass you will probably want to drop to very high, or even high to maintain good frame rates in the countryside, depending how sensitive you are to the dips to low 40's you will see there on very high and ultra.

11. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    All max (with fxaa,txaa,test mfaa too) but msaax2,grass on high and don't mess with advanced gfx settings.

12. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    no matter what i did messing with the settings my system always goes from 60fps - 40fps or somewhere in between, causing noticeable stutter :( (i guess the game is dependent on cpu clock speed rather than amount of cores)

the stuttering when turning really got to me so i have to use half refresh rate which gives 30fps locked and then turn up everything except grass which is on high, with 2xaa and fxaa, in advanced settings i have enhanced detail distance @ 50% all others off

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Drop Grass down to normal and all your fps issues will disappear. Much like all the settings in this game, Normal to High is such a small diff for such a large fps drop for very little noticeable gain. The only time its worth putting a setting up from Normal is if you've got the power to go to Very high or Ultra as normal to high is barely noticeable unless you go full pc mastertard race and stare at ground textures and screenshots for comparisons.

14. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    stare at the ground lol :p

i will give the grass a go but i dont think it will help with the stutters that are most noticeable when turning, i saw a friend playing the ps4 version and it had the same turning stutter, i have really sensitive eyes unfortunately

even at 30hz i notice some stutters although very very minor one's, i do suspect my monitor is going downhill because its starting to look a bit washed out and does have a really poor response time

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well 30hz and 30fps locked you're going to see stutter on any platform, but way more on PC. Low fps can usually be masked quite well on the consoles. I found the PS4 and Ps3 to be more than adequate from the little i played.

Grass is extremely taxing to the point im not convinced that its actually what it should be. I dont have the game installed anymore, but when playing it and going from normal to high grass for such little added detail/foliage, the fps hit seems far too excessive for such a little gain.

Skyrim with heavy grass mods makes less of a dent.

16. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    thanks mate will play with the grass see what happens

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oh, also.. what setting do you have mouse input set to? Try changing it to "Windows" for Input Method

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yay finally got this. Gonna test on W10 and W7, and see how we go. :)

19. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    i use a game pad for driving and running around and mouse/kb for heists and it is set to windows input

i just tried the grass and no difference so i set all to low and looked again, cpu bottleneck by the looks of things as no difference except it was ugly lol

for now i would rather just have nice visuals with the 30fps, im sort of used to it now but only for gta5

20. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Here is what i used to get smooth gameplay in GTA5:

- install game on SSD
    - grass: high
    - fxaa, no msaa
    - input method: direct input (windows gives me stuttering, raw might work as well)
    - vsync ingame: off - vsync in windows nvidia options: on
    - ambient occlusion ingame and in windows: off
    - shadows: high

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.