Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    You can do that too, it's just not shown.

2. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    Yeah same crew, in order, hard, no deaths are the requirements.

we did the first 3 heists one night then the next 2 the following so it went pretty quick.

we also have a lot of people so some people had to sit it out the nights we did it but for the most part our crews change a alot also.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  3. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    Anyone here seen a proper CPU stock vs OC test? I really want to do one but my cooler is fubar for my 3930K, so stuck at 3.5GHz until funds allow new case and Cooling setup.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Alpenföhn. Enough said. ;)

5. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I have run the benchmark stock .vs 4.8 GHz and the difference was very significant. I can't quote you numbers since I didn't write them down. I can tell you I have fired up the game and wondered "wtf?" when my fps are in the fifties. Then I quickly realize I'm running stock clocks. When I reboot and run my 4.8 offset profile I'm smooth and solid at 60 fps nearly all the time.

6. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    LOL I've noticed a big difference with speeds from friends. I need a new cooler first before I can push back to above 4.25GHz...

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I dont even dare running it on stock. At 4.8ghz runs great. Game is still CPU core clock dependent rather than having more cores.

8. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    Mine runs pretty well but has massive dips in FPS randomly. During those dips both CPU and GPU have large trough's in usage, highlighting a bottleneck somewhere. Due to being at 3.5GHz I have a feeling it's there even if I have 6 cores for it to use instead of 4 which seems to solve the Self-Radio issue in GTAO Freeroam at least. 5 of the cores are around 30-40% usage with the main core being around 50-80%.

So getting a new case and cooling setup...

9. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    It's a sunny day! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti

11. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
  12. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Wait until I tell you that the (GTA) world is actually flat...

13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Dude awesome, awesome post honoredshadow, nice link. Interesting read, it's cool to see they've included that kinda stuff too. :D

14. Hauler

Hauler Member Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA GTX760 4GB FTW
    Game crashing when setting high priority in task manager!

I don't really understand why this is happening... It happened twice and crashed me out of game. I then restarted my computer and it didn't turn on and I had to reinstall my drivers in the morning when my comp finally started back up just to get everything working again properly. Has anyone else had this issue and is this game able to run as a high priority? Thanks. I don't know if my mobo gave out, but after I tried to restart after the game crashed my comp wouldn't load and my keyboard and conrtoller and monitor would not start. Everything seems to be working fine now. Just afraid to load back up with game set to high priority.

When I did this I did notice an FPS change for the better on ultra settings. I had my fan speed up on my cards and my processor was running cool. No beeps or errors. Thanks guys.

15. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    Sounds like the Driver crash my friend with a 970 keeps having. Though it's only corrupted the drivers once.

16. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Vega56 8GB
    This makes it a so much different game, especially in fps mode. Imagine them turning into zombies. Would be awesome if R* would include such modes.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    One of the suggestions on the reddit thread I found this on actually suggested this, doing the same AI changes but removing all the weapons.

Skin them green and you've got a passable zombie mod.

Personally I think the riot mod is chaos haha, could do with a version that removed the miniguns and explosive weapons, bit much explosions going on

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Its be great to some mods from GTAIV ported over. Ironman/warmachine, inc Hulk, zombie apocalypse and the many character models/skins.

Does this gta have a dx9 mode? If so, enb should work right outta the box shouldnt it?

19. GHAM1

GHAM1 Active Member

GPU:
    sapphireTRIXX R9 290x CF
    found a solution, downloaded the standalone 5GIG update and just extracted it to the dlc folder :) so when reinstalling no need to download the update again can just extract it :) thanks for the help tho...

20. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    glad you got it fixed mate, happy gaming :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.