Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Set yourself up once again to be taken for a fool. Respect.

2. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    I already know this and so do others. As for it being useless, not at all. I would not be without it now so it's far from useless.

I mentioned Freesync to be neutral and show alternatives which is always good.

3. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Freesync offers EXACTLY the same as g-sync, but doesnt need an overpriced module... so yes, the g-sync module IS useless, and is only used to give nvidia an excuse to milk consumers.

4. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    But you're missing the point. You're trying to make another.

It's not useless. It works just fine. It's choice.

You're also missing out on my first point (how convenient). Games are smoother, less laggy feeling and no tearing thanks completely because of G-sync and soon Freesync.

5. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
    Michael:
    [​IMG]

Franklin:
    [​IMG]

Trevor: :)
    [​IMG]

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The latest update made the game so silky smooth I can barely comprehend how they bloody did it. This truly is the PC version to end PC versions.

Oh and this song, M.I.A. - "Bad Girls"

https://youtu.be/2uYs0gJD-LE

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  7. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    When you can get the exact same effect without using a specific object, then that specific object pretty much rendered useless.

8. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Game runs even better now. Very high shadows still make my fps go down though, to the high 40's.

That's perfectly playable still.

Ambient occlusion appears to be fixed but indoors it always worked for me, outdoors were a bit "washed out" due to AO not functionning all the time.
    Now it's fixed, at least on my end. :)

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you still need a "specific object" called a free sync compatible monitor. Hope you understand that. I do have my doubts though.

10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    nice cars doktor1, ffs when are we gonna do those heists? getting tired of this already, no ones ever online XD:D

11. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    @doktor1 Michael:

Franklin:

Trevor: :)

Not bad,look smooth and i guess play smooth with Gtx 750TI.Congrats. :)

Well after 2 weeks of hype and playing GTA V I feel a little bored in SP. :D
    And dont wanna play MP,because too many kids on Gta Online.

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    We'll see how adaptive sync works when monitors are released that support it. I know G-Sync works and I can't play games without it anymore. I had a friend come over last weekend to test it out. He was mad that my GTX770 runs GTA5 at the same settings at 1440p than his GTX970 runs the game at 1080p. No stuttering or tearing at all. Convinced him to buy one.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205086728--4-30-15-GTAV-PC-Patch-350-1-Notes

Patch notes. :)

EDIT:

Looks like it could take a bit more time before the script hook is compatible with the new update.
    http://gtaforums.com/topic/788343-vrel-script-hook-v/?p=1067396873

Also some additional checks, probably for the anti cheat system in online play.
    http://gtaforums.com/topic/788343-vrel-script-hook-v/?p=1067397498

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    haha aww! Well im going to Prague for a week so wont be able to game :( Havent played it properly yet, just messing about :D

15. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Hillbert has already tested it, and reviewed it, and said the effect is identical to g-sync.

16. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Although it does not go down to 30hz. What was it now? About 40?

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ice hockey?

18. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    Ran into a repeatable crash last night.

When I get to the point in the story that Trevor is playable, I can't start the game and load into a save. It just crashes. If I go back to my last save before that period, it loads. I tried restarting from the working save and the same thing happens.

I have the RSSC version, so I can't verify the game files. Any ideas on how to fix this?

19. Bland

Bland New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Hi there, mate. I used to have similar problem at game launch and it took me a while to find a working solution. Here is what I did and how i fixed the game for me /this applies only to RSSC version of GTA5/:

Search for this file - "GTA5FileCheck_SHA1.exe". As always when downloading executable files be extra careful and look for file size - it should be 883 kb or very close to it. Copy the downloaded file to your GTA 5 main folder and run it. There will be 2 options: Start check or Cancel /in my case the interface was in German/. Once you hit "Start Check" the tool will start checking all GTA files to verify their integrity /took around 15 minutes on my machine to complete/. It will list every file with either "OK" or "Damaged". Go to your GTA 5 folder and manually delete those which the tool listed as damaged, then just launch the game and it will redownload the missing files automatically. If the download goes without problems, you should be able to continue your game without any more of those errors.

Keep in mind I had to do this before the last 2 patches were released, although I believe it won't be an issue.
    Hope this helps. Cheers!

20. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    I googled the file. It looks like it has some malware/virus potential:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...c108bfcb4c848ef95d6b8a73/analysis/1429297409/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.