Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    Should we use this workaround each time we launch the game, or does the AO setting is set once and for all ?

EDIT : Contrary to what has been said, the 3 AO settings are working (with the PostFX workaround of course), here are some comparison screens (notice the quality difference between Normal and High settings, click on the pics to see them in 1920X1200):

[​IMG]
    AO Off

[​IMG]
    AO Normal

[​IMG]
    AO High

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Nothing through Steam.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Can't do that since I'm on a G-sync monitor :/
    Never had time to play yesterday after I restored my SSD but will be able to do it today.

4. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Weird !!!

Loading screen still says build 335.1 online 1.24
    I think I had that before the update so dont know what got updated.

edit:
    Must have just updated the Social club files, looked in its folder and a few files had todays date.
    Checked the dates of the files in the game folder and nothing was changed in there though.

False alarm

5. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    You can force it through Nvidia control panel instead of the game if you need to. As far as I know it is just the in game v-sync.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Question: If I buy a parachute do I keep it forever or is it a one time use thing? I've been mostly playing through the story so I haven't really messed around in the city yet.

7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Just bought it on steam two nights ago.Awesome that it allocates shared vid memory too.Tweaked settings so I'm sitting at 3.6gb vram and plays super smooth.Adaptive Vsync on in Inspector, FXAA in game.This game is effin bananas, I love it.:D

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Forever, get one per time you jump out a plane I think.

9. lubomir

lubomir Guest

I eventually received a reply to my ticket. They have looked at my Msinfo and said they problems lies within my gta launcher. Even although i did a full clean install of RSC & Gta5 before i sent the ticket.
    I thought they might have been kind enough to supply a link but no. Where exactly can i find the official link to said launcher?

Dunno what im supposed to do here lol.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    At a guess it was probably something like "subprocess.exe has encountered a fatal error and will now close." in the "WER" error log or similar (subprocess being the name of the exe for the new Rockstar Games Social Club software usually located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Social Club ) so the customer support team probably just took a quick glance at that log file and gave a fairly generic answer.
    ("Reinstall the program.")

Someone with the Steam version might be able to upload the RGSC program so you can install the new version immediately without having to go through various auto update procedures if you install the default version from the game disc or similar. :)
    (The RGSC client was updated in the previous Steam patch, version should be 1.1.5.8 I believe though it's possible that the retail game might use a different version than Steam but I'm pretty sure the launcher is the same.)

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Just delete (or backup and remove) the GTA V Launcher then do a Repair/Revalidation of the game files depending on whether you have the Rockstar or Steam version. The file should then be redownloaded.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    That's freakin cool! :banana:

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I still use Windows like I did in 1995, so 8GB is more than enough for me. The only game that gets close to using it all is modded Minecraft + my server software running. I always close all apps except maybe Chrome (which will only ever have one tab) before gaming, so it's a non issue. So you're not necessarily wrong, but it's not like you'll actually have problems if you don't go overboard with bloat on your system.

14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT

You can download the latest launcher here.

http://patches.rockstargames.com/prod/gtav/Launcher_EFIGS/GTA_V_Launcher_1_0_350_1.exe

It has been updated a couple of minutes ago, also.

15. madorax

madorax Member

GPU:
    Jetstream 970
    so guys... i need to ask this.

based on Hilbert benchmark test on guru3d page, 290X is clearly above 970 (in that chart). in the reality, does it? because any other benchmark result show the otherwise (970 that above 290X).

i only own 970, clearly get decent performance for this game... so i don't really know how 290X perform on this game.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  17. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    you sir are a wrong 1! i don't know whether your misguided or just plain stupid?

jokes like that do not belong anywhere so why post it here?

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Say what! If we cant laugh about the stupid things we allow other morons to try and divide us with, then whats the point of any of this.

Lighten up. Its two people of two different colors highlighting the stupidity of recent riots and sharing a joke about it.

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Edit: there was bait... i took it.

fair play to ya, you cheeky pr..:D

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015