Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Why would you have FXAA and MSAA on at the same time, Anarion?

2. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    LOL, so the Social Club Downloader ranges from 9mb/s to 150kb/s so ive had to turn turn to other means of downloading the game files.
    Eta now 1:10hrs

May even get in the game before I go out tonight.

3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Well one initial disappointment, using a DS4 with my PC, boot up GTA 5 and there's no way to change the controller icons, 360 only, read that the game would support both controllers natively so assumed that would mean it would either detect what controller I was using and display the appropriate icons or have an option to choose? Even Far Cry 4 managed that and we all know what Ubisoft are like as PC devs.

(I admit it's a very minor thing to complain about of course!) :)

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    That's lame, was hoping for proper DS4 support with on screen buttons.

At least i'm used to the ds4 button layout.

This'll mean no trackpad support either, or rumble I assume.

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Put shadows on very high.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    When will the benchmark run, is after you go back to the house and it saves, where its telling you about clothes etc... ?

7. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    wow, simply wow, this game runs so damn great on my 3 years old ROG laptop, i mean everything high, FXAA, ultra texture, every draw distance slider and crowd density to max and i'm pushing 40fps avg in the day and 32-34 at night..great job Rockstars.

8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Could be an engine bug as the PS4 version does the exact same thing, it was annoying enough that I ended up just turning DOF off completely.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    It's meant to be when you first go to bed and save in franklins place. Sounds like where you're at

This is good, settings you running? You have 3gb VRAM though I believe? so my 2gb would be a major cripple

Thinking about getting a 980m, lot of money though, something like £700, could make back about £200 selling this card

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yes, the optimization on this one is TRULY exceptional. In my book, R* have earned a very good spot. They have made up for the delay and I for one prefer this 1.5 year delay than to have a rushed, unoptimized mess, like GTAIV was (which I still liked as a game but yeah...) that requires patches after patches and never properly works.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thanks, think ill try running it again after then. :)

Im just going to mess about, sightseeing etc... for a bit now, as i missed half the info that comes up top left that tells you how to play, what button does what etc..., then at the weekend, i'll start the game proper again :D

GTA IV didn't run to bad for me tbh, but this runs miles better, much smoother etc..., even when the frame-rate drops to around 50, its probably because it fluctuates that wildly, so doesn't stay 50s for long.

12. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    the shadow rendering distance is just like MP3 a mess. They literally pop up in front of you sometimes. Also the fps is really good in closed areas. Just like the console version the fps tend to drop when you ride around town during day time.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    why my all maxed game is still textures r so blurry . what causes it? FXAA? i hate it man.ç game ruiner. liek 2004 game.

14. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

Hmm yeah, I might do the same. The DOF is nice but.. come on, want to be able to aim fast and kill the dude. :D

15. rivaltr

rivaltr Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    I am absolutely loving this game but for some reason all the hints and or for example press enter or escape are blacked out. If i look close with my eyes i can see them but they are to black now while brightness is alright and i only got this bug like 2 hours in. Anyone has an idea would be greatly appreciated because its pretty irritating.

16. robb

robb Active Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX 970 STRIX
    So far I'm pleased. I had my doubts with how GTAIV looked/performed (which was crappy proportionally to how it ran imo). Right as I got to Los Santos, I started laughing just seeing the cats randomly appearing and running in traffic from the alley :giggle2:

Indoors is a breeze, but outdoors is where I notice CPUs kicking in hard (expected). The engine still has the problem of adding SLI card's VRAM.

Code:
    [B][U]Video[/U][/B]
    - 1920x1080 @ 120Hz
    - FXAA: Off
    - MSAA: 4x
    - TXAA: On
    - Using 'Softer' shadows since PCSS has weird problems like Far Cry
    - Motion Blur Sliders: Off
    - All else max
    [B][U]Advanced[/U][/B]
    - High Resolution Shadows: On
    - All else default

Max Indoors: ~120 FPS (Vsync) ... Max Outdoors: ~105ish FPS
    Avg Outdoors: ~92 FPS
    Lowest all around I've seen, which has been outside, has been 60ish.

^ For anyone curious. Don't take me 100% on results as it's just by me watching RTSS constantly (being lazy).

I've noticed some blur in distance, which doesn't change no matter what settings I choose--dunno if you're referring to that. There's also a very slight blur all around that I can't seem to change either, but its so minimal imo.

17. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Could you tell me where i would do that? Cause i havent been able to find it.

18. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It's because Rockstar is their own man, they don't have no naab publisher telling them what to do.

Way better to release a polished product rather than an unfinished... what Watch Dogs was.. was truly horrendous, unexplainable, unbelievable. :D Truly disgusting tbh. Learn to release a game tbh. Though I'm sure if it were in the hand of the creators then it would've gone differently, I'd dare to say.

It's the publishers that mess everything and everything that has to do with investors and marketing and blablabla, capitalism.

I guess the company is given a sum of money and if they don't handle the creation of the game with that sum within a limited timeframe they're done. The investors don't wanna invest anymore and maybe the company even is afraid of saying we need more time... haha.. ridiculous, and sad.. :D

19. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    LOL... nvm im blind...

20. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You truly are son, I was like woot dorlor wtf you didn't see the setting lol? XD:D hahaha rofl :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.