Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    No, you have to redeem it via the Rockstar Social Club. The only way to get a Steam key for GTAV is to purchase it on Steam.

2. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    any advice for the advanced settings in gta 5? Does it makes that much of a difference? My r9 290 struggles constant 60 fps when turning advanced settings on.

3. deeselcyde

deeselcyde Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 DD 1145/1520
    Is that a preferred route to take? Does Rockstar Social Club have a program to install and download GTA and then launch the game from?

If so, can you add that game to your steam library?

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Yes.

5. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Not sure honestly. I have all of the advanced settings maxed out with all of the normal settings on high, then tessellation and ambient occlusion set to normal. This is with a GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB.

I bought the game through Steam so that I'd have it in my Steam library, but it still requires the RSC (Rockstar Social Club). When you launch the game through Steam, it then launches the RSC which then gets you in the game.

Yes, the RSC is able to download and install GTAV. Preferred route? Not really sure there's much of a difference between the Steam version and the RSC version.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    anyone got an idea how to run it with custom Aspect ratio ?!

7. Teisco

Teisco Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Does it?

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Are you sure its just not your VRAM oc or GPU oc acting up? Maybe lower VRAM a bit, idk to 7ghz and try again..

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I have everything turned on, except the first slider (out of 2) which I have only pushed half way trough, but that one eats like ~800MB of vram and also drops like 5 FPS if the bar is full. I honestly can't tell the visual difference between it turned off and slider all the way to the max... except the performance/vram loss.

10. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Yupp. MSAA causing the graphical corruption. Just tested with it it disabled.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Works well on my aging PC with a mix of high and very high @ 1080p. I got 60fps through out the prologue and the first mission with lamar. My CPU was averaging 70-80% usage and the GPU was at an average of 75% usage. I'll check out the effects of HT later, it's currently disabled.

Even the social club worked without any issues, no region locking BS. I haven't tried GTA online yet though.

First person view helps a lot in enjoying the game with the keyboard and mouse. I'll try out third person most-of-the-time when MS decides to release the xbone wireless controller kit for PC.

Well done R*! Worth the weight :p

12. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    Ok thanks, I think one of the options is for the low distant shadow rendering? Some textures, shadow lines to pop up near you when driving.... For some reason extended shadow slider and DoF if greyed out for me :s (latest driver). Wasn't like that first.

13. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
  14. CryZENx

CryZENx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
    lol had someone some bugs in the benchmark test?

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Yeah, rockstar put out a statement on that.

Basically, if you start the benchmark right off the bat then the game starts the first mission running in the background and you'll eventually fail.

To fix it, you have to do until franklin goes to bed and saves for the first time.

Pretty weird issue though, likely be solved with a patch that locks it until you do the 3rd mission

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    GTAIV had this issue as well, there was a way to override it at least.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Shouldn't this do the trick?
    [​IMG]

18. Bentez

Bentez Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    I am amazed at how well this smooth bug-less game runs at max settings at 1440p, using a sandy i5 and 780 SLI. I can't think of the last game a bought at launch that was this polished. You can almost forgive how long it took R*..

19. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Dorlor take away the limit, there's a setting for that, something with ignore limit or something.

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Anyone think theres a memory leak or something ?, as i seem to have dropped in frame-rate, when you start, and are racing Lamaar to the car park where the coppers come, i was flying 60+ all over the place, but on the way to the shop with the car (after avoiding the cops), i seem to be running about 50fps, and the frame-rate seems to fluctuate massively, one second i could be doing 50, then next its right up around the 70 mark again, well odd.

Then after we'd took the cars back, and we came out and got into the white one to head to the house, i was doing around 48fps (was still ramping up to the high 60s, low 70s as well).

Also, the cut scenes (like when you go back to the garage, and he tells you you are the employee of the month), those scenes seem to slightly stutter a bit now and again, and the GPU usuage is fluctuating like crazy, one second its down to 40 usage, then it ramps right up to 90+, seems to just fluctuate up and down wildly like the frame-rates.

Ive fully ramped the motion blur slider as well, looks incredible :D

Got my ass handed to me though on the shootout when going for the bike, if id known what was coming, id have put the pad down and grabbed the mouse and keyboard for that part, but by the time id done that, i was deaded :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.