Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah i tried normal as well, looked like a bloody desert, was well sparse, looks great on high still :D

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    rocking some 15-30 fps

pushin it to the maxxxxx

3. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    :D 4char

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Just played a little bit,and the game looks really good.
    Performance wise a solid 60 with a few drops to 45 (everything maxed only Msaa 2x and fxaa of).

One of the best optimized open world games out there!(the best GTA on PC so far).

5. lubomir

lubomir Guest

Dont lose heart yet mate. There is this..

6. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Hey there,
    I'm running GTA 5 on a GTX 680 2 Gb edition. Runs fine, but I decided to bump the textures to high, because they look kinda low-res on normal. In order to do that, I have to disable the VRAM limit.
    This bumps my VRAM usage to slightly over 2 Gb (2242), but the game continues to run fine.
    Has anyone in the same situation experienced any long-term negative effects of breaking the VRAM limit slightly? I'm only an hour in the game, in the Franklin section.

7. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0

-40fps with ultra grass

8. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync

GSYNC working great here :)
    No stutters or lag, just like every other game I play.

I'm running 1080p, all maxed with x2MSAA (fxaa txaa off) with MFAA via control panel.
    Grass on very high.

City driving is anywhere from 55-80fps.
    In the hills with all the grass its like 45fps in areas.....but smooth as silk still.
    Using a 360 controller.

Yeah the Rockstar downloader sucked. Mine kept dropping to 150kb/s after starting nicely at 9mb/s for 10 mins or so.
    Would have taken days

In the end I downloaded a full untouched scene release (uptobox links) which only took 1:30hrs, but there is some untouched torrents out there aswell.
    Just copied across the files to my GTA V folder, restarted the Rockstar downloader, it verified the files and away I went.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    wow im having this vsync bug too :( why do so many games these days have vsync broken when they are released.

10. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    Just learning about reshade now, does anyone have some comparison shots with it on/off?

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I was wondering about this myself.

I don't think it's too much of an issue going a bit over the limit, as long as you have enough ram and install it to SSD you would see not to much hitching

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks everyone for the answers :) Go Team Guru3D!

I could try that though I hope it wont introduce tearing :p

I'm fairly sure it's set to "Raw" but that definitely seems like a good tip.

Yea, I could both try 1080p on my monitor but also on my TV.

Yes and I'll post a screenie of that when I get home. I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary though and I think it was around 56-65% usage on all 4 cores. One thing I found to be a bit odd was that the GPU scaling was just around 60% on both cards. I expected more to be honest.

I hope the G-sync thing is related to mouse input like Memorian mentioned. Though it feels like FC4 all over and everyone blamed the bad coding of that game and not G-sync related problems.

13. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    evga GTX 980 Superclocked
    This. I don't see dynamic shadow of my character when passing in front of a car at night, too. Looks so unnatural and disappointing. What a shame for a next-gen game. Old good GTA IV has this feature.

PS. Putting Shadows on Very High does not help.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

15. Johny32

Johny32 Guest

GPU:
    Shadow settings very high i would guess. Working perfectly for me, that being said i have the advanced shadow options on and all that so i dont know if they effect it

16. Johny32

Johny32 Guest

GPU:
    Yeah i see the same thing on sli. But to be honest the game stays above 60 fps at all times for me, so i dont mind.

17. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    BUG :

I've a slight issue.

Refresh rate has been manually set to 60hz (max) for my Asus Pb278q 1440p monitor in the Nvidia control panel, which was achieved by creating a custom res with 60.001hz refresh rate - it was stuck at 59hz before I created this custom res.

Gta5 only shows 59hz as the refresh rate. :3eyes:

Gpu utilization is not hitting more than 75% in general. Game is sitting at a steady 59fps.

I hate tearing, it looks horrible on my monitor so vsync is enabled. Hence the 59fps limitation.

Using a Xbox One Pad, in game, standing still or in a vehicle, panning the camera with the right analogue stick produces silky smooth movement as expected at 59fps, however, every 3 seconds or so there's a frame hiccup and the camera Momentarily stutters as if it skipped a frame.

Monitoring the fps using Rivatunerstatistics when the stutter happens, the fps fluctuates between 59fps and 58fps.

Specs in Sig.

Annoying. :bang:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  18. ohhgawd144

ohhgawd144 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 660
    Hello, can the -availablevidmem tweak be done in GTA V as with IV.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes, but for example foliage areas where it should be waay above 50-60fps, it cripples it a bit, if there was no API crippling it would be even better perf. there. :)

Still runs great in that video, I have the same 780GTX @ stock boost 1150mhz so I dont worry much, but it would be nice it was even better :D

20. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    I have had a similar problem in GTA V on one HTPC with GTX 560Ti paired with 331.58 (test 2 driver version). After switching from 331.58 V2 to 350.12 WHQL problem was gone. Try going from 340.72 listed in your spec to latest 350.12 WHQL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.