Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    This is literally identical to how it runs for me after the latest updates, I'm back on the PS4 version until they fix this, it may be 30fps but there isn't a hint of stutter to be seen.

2. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    It worked, as expected all stutter has now gone after going back to the last update, will only be able to play offline but that's no big deal for me.

3. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    Can you PM the info for this?? I'd like to try it out for Single Player, still haven't finished the story.

4. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    Reverted back to v1.0.372.2 and it's buttery smooth as it was, so there is nothing wrong with my system but the newest patch f***** it up.

5. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
  6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
  7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Do you still need that link, Shadowdane?

Awesome:D
    Which one did you use, the first link in the pm?

8. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Yep, first link. I'll just leave it in offline for the time being and hope it gets fixed in a future update.

9. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    Well i found a download online but appears it doesn't work with the Steam version... it just prompts me to Activate the game when I start it. :bang:

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Fantastic. Now we know patch reverting works, i guess updating going forward (atleast for sp) isnt going to be too much of a concern.

Check yo inbox.

11. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Strange it works so well, and so simply.. I remember downgrading GTA IV involved some convulted install method.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Gamespy published a really easy method a few years ago for the purpose of re-acquiring some gfx options + features that were removed and best compatibility with enb/ice etc..

It was pretty much, download 1.0.4.0 patch and install, download R* social club and install, then take the files from the r* SC installation and paste them into the gtaiv folder - Bam! GTAIV back to the best version (1.0.4.0) for performance and visuals + mod usage:D.

I spent far too much time on that. Never actually played the game proper as imo it was **** (dont know about expansions), though it was certainly a sight to behold when you got things looks as good as the enb preview release screens and what not, especially when racing around in-car view. Motionblur was actually quite good in gtaiv.

Now everyone's trying to get GTAV to look like enb'd/ice'd gtaiv by using sweetfx+reshade

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  13. shafat777

shafat777 Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gtx 980 SC 4GB SLI
    Not sure if its just me, but it seems to me that after the last two patches, microstuttering has increased a lot. Using my gtx 980 sli, I am still getting 60fps (fps cap) but its not smooth at all. Especially if your driving fast and you hit another car, the the fps drop to ~50-55 for a second and then jumps up to 60.

I used to be the guy who never had any issue with gta 5 from the beginning till about 2-3 weeks go. patch 1.27 started it all but recent 1.28 messed up completely.

Pleas post back if you are having similar issues.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  14. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Yup. That was the convoluted method I've done myself. It did work though.

I think GTA V alone looks fine.. The current state of the ENB series for it gives it a nice polish without going over the top. I like the current state of the game. Those GTA IV shots that looked like an entire new game etc etc were more look than functional. All those high end mods really crippled the game and exposed even more bugs most of the time..

But hey.. Screenshots are serious business.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I was gettin 55-60 while playing with such settings, so it worked for more than just screens. You should check out Veterans video in the GTAIV Taxi Bug thread. Looks stunning.

As for GTAV, yeah i agree. Looks fine as it is. The only thing i felt completed to do was a slight color level adjustment and a little bit of sharpening to get rid of that screen wide blur that most games come with.

16. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    If you only play SP and you are not interested in MP, well you can change/delete all settings in common.rpf/visualsettings.dat, mean blur/bloom/chrom aberation etc.
    And guess what with a little help from Reshade/SweetFX/ENB the game will look much much much better than blury/unsharpen/brown colors from the original. ;)
    Good luck.

Edit: be careful,dont update the game (new updates are some for MP only) some patches just f**up the game later,unfortunately.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ive got no problems with the latest patch.

18. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I think Nvidia users are mostly affected, myself included.Amazing how it became unplayable with just one patch I didn't even want.I've got to keep auto update disabled in steam from now on, this ish is depressing.

19. shafat777

shafat777 Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gtx 980 SC 4GB SLI
    I dont have the steam version. I bought the retail (disc) game and was wondering if I can revert back to at least to 1.27 patch (even though it started the stuttering). 1.28 just ruined the game for me.

20. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    You clearly haven't used a minigun then or gone into an ammunation. Literally everyone is seeing FPS drops in those cases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.