1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Lol

- Everyone randomly leaves freeroam servers leaving you as the only player, (any number of people complaining about that issue on ALL formats)
    - Message pops up saying join job, you bring it up select it (five seconds at the most from message to accepting) wait 30 seconds for it to load only to be told

a). The job is full (then wait while it reloads you in to a new freeroam)
    b). The session has invites disabled (then wait while it reloads you in to another freeroam)
    c). Get stuck at the blurred out apartment screen with no control interactions, only fix is to quit game and reload

- Select random job from phone, wait for it to find a mission (sometimes upwards of five minutes) finds one, loads the job up for you to either

a). get stuck in the above city view screen, where people can destroy your car, see your character but can't interact with you, again control and menu options are disabled leaving you to quit the game and reload as the only solution
    b). Game seems to laod at which you then get dropped back in to freeroam with no idea what has happened.

Starting a game or joining a mission: select mission from phone, wait for it to confirm, wait for it to load, wait for the servers to fill, hope that the host is paying attention, wait for the game to load the vehicle, weapon, player view screen, wait for the game to load the start of the mission / job and if you happen to be playing a heist if anyone leaves instead of dropping you back to lobby with the players left it quits everyone back to freeroam and forces you to then restart and reload.

The game just has so many loading and waiting screens and it makes no sense, a tiny bit of thought and half the waiting around for sh*t to load would disappear.

- Match making is broken, or non existant
    - Their are no options anywhere to dictate server, pings, location or for that matter any form of connection quality
    - Still no in lobby mute
    - Netcode is awful, truly awful but then I guess that is to be expected with no control over who or what servers you connect to.

A game of GTA5

- Connect to PSN
    - Connect to Rockstars Social Club
    - Connect to Rockstars save servers
    - Connect to whoevers PS4 happens to be hosting the game
    - Connect to Rockstars download servers, (you know EVERY mission you play online has to be downloaded from Rockstar at the start, meaning that the quality of your game is tied to the player in the lobby with the slowest connection?)

Their is so many things Rockstar could do to fix the slow game speeds, missions saved locally, dedicated servers, giving players the ability to control who or what servers they connect too, disabling drop to freeroam as the default option if players leave and these issues are just the ones that I can think of at this moment in time.

Like I said two years and the infrastructure, the way the game handles jobs and missions and freeroam are all exactly they same as they were when the game launched, so either Rockstar won't fix it, can't fix it or have no idea how to fix it.

2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Weird. I played it on PS4 from November 2014 till it came out on PC and never had issues with joining my friends missions. Maybe it's borked when playing with publics?

And connecting to PSN & RS club is all done automaticly, you dont sit there typing in your logins do you?

Same with PC now, no problems with friends.

3. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Right, in regards to the stutter im experiencing, ive found its due to vastly increased cpu load...

Pre part 2 patch driving in the city

[​IMG]

Post part 2 patch driving in the city

[​IMG]

As you can see, the cpu load (the bottom left number in the osd) is 50% (!!!!) higher after part 2 patch!

This basically means that when any action comes, my fps just dips significantly...

[​IMG]

I dont know how, but this patch screwed up cpu load for me, making my game stutter tons due to it :/

4. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Stuttering here too, everything was fine before the latest update.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Lol no, what I mean is that to play a single game of GTA 5 online you have to connect to several services (ergo separate servers) and all it takes is for one of them not to be working right and the whole thing goes t*ts up.

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Same problem here. :(

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    New patch is out?

Well about time, hopefully its not just extra cosmetic stuff..

Although I like this part lol :D

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Well good news for me, the frame pacing seems somewhat better, the bad news is that performance is noticeably worse in certain areas, the main one being Vinewood boulevard which now drops to the low 50fps region for apparently no reason...

9. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    No stuttering here.. Plays smooth as a babies butt (like before) and I play with max setting and ultra grass @ 1440p

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Same here most of time, could be a combo of both new driver and update. I only get one time 0.5 sec "stutter" during morning and then later in afternoon when it switches shadows to different rendering and gpu takes a bigger fps hit, from 60 to 45-60fps..

Also nvidia pcss renders ok on cars, by both high and v.high.. Idk, again could be combo of both, using latest 353.49 driver.

Overall I get the same performance if not even better by foliage areas (using high).
    I drove all the way up to winewood billboard and no fps issues..

EDIT: one lol moment :D, some people in my backyard
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015

11. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I'm still on 350.12 and the stutter is there for me. Reddit is full of people complaining with all types of hardware. It's definitely the game.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    [​IMG]

350.12 is one the most solid drivers i've used since getting into pc gaming proper, since the launch of the 8500gt (if that counts for anything).

13. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Isint it that if you run offline there's no stutter?

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Possible stutter fix:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/grand-theft-auto-v-new-pc-update-released/

15. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080Ti
    I just tried the -FrameQueueLimit 0 command, framerate is even worse!! Game could hardly keep a steady 40-50fps with a queue limit of 0. Setting it to 1 was an improvement but still had frequent drops down to 40fps.

2 seemed to give the best performance and a little less stuttering but still the game doesn't run as smoothly as it did at release!

Rockstar and/or Nvidia needs to fix this... A gtx980ti should have no issues running this game!!

16. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    Got stuttering too after latest patch, never encountered this problem before.
    Edit: Strangely the Alt+Tab'ing helps for gaming session.
    Edit2: The stutter still presents.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  17. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    970-G1 SOC 1.5Ghz/8.2Ghz
    Anyone else seen cars that seem to be programmed to hit you or get in the way?
    I've noticed this since the beginning. I've had cars on the other side of road going the opposite direction pass over the double yellow lines in order to hit me. I've seen cars almost stop in a clear intersection blocking paths. Anyone else?

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Ok nvm about nvidia PCSS shadows, they're still bugged during daytime, not shadows at all..

19. Sethos

Sethos Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Also getting a weird ... I won't call it stutter exactly but this weird judder. Very hard to see or record but it's definitely there. Something that has happened in the past few weeks for me.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You're not the only one to notice this.

The amount of times i've opened fire on someone on the street or when getting into a gunfight with the police, only to be reversed over or watch a car from literally the other side of an intersection just race towards me is ridiculous. Or when boosting down the road, if you go too far over the centre line (as in mere center meters) on coming traffic will turn into you.

Also, during story missions, the games ai changes drastically. The behavior of cars is the most noticeable as you mentioned with blocking paths. During story missions the ai will exhibit behavior that they simply dont show when outside of those missions.

This is one of the many reasons i stopped playing the game. It touts open world fun and do anything behavior, but every time i tried to have fun, the game just seemed to punish me for attempting to do so. One minute i can defy death by flying off a motorcycle and getting hit by a trunk, the next im getting the Wasted screen because i jumped down a 2 meter drop. Or getting run over by civies.

I dont play games to have the logic of them piss me about and frustrate me. Got no time for that these days.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.