Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It means a game that use multiple gpus efficiently. So for example, if you add a 2nd gpu, ideally, it should double (within reason) you fps.

If you use MSi Afterburner, the gpu usage info should hopefully be the same across all of the installed gpus and sharing the work load evenly.

In the image in the spoiler tags, in the top right corner you'll GPU1 and GPU2. Both GPUs show a % of around 55~. Thats good scaling. The percentage will increase as the gpu is required to do more work and with a game that has decent scaling, that usage should stay balanced as it increases.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In this image is from MSI's gui showing gpu usage across of two gpus (for what game im not sure) and again, this is proper scaling.

Thats my understanding of it anyway.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  2. middydj

middydj Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670
    hehe nice! Hard to resist it. I love the little count down timer on the start up.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I just ended up buying it direct from Steam just to be sure.

There was a time when I would have done anything to avoid having a game attached to my Steam library but now it's the opposite. Steam is just so much more convenient; having all my games accessible in one place, updated automatically and with download speeds being much quicker (even for me on a 15Mbps non-fibre connection), getting games digitally is now by preference on PC, especially if I can buy the keys cheaper on GreenManGaming, etc.

Started downloading the 59 GB game late last night and left my PC on overnight. It is now at 55 GB and almost complete. This is by far the largest game I have ever downloaded. Going to make sure I do a backup to one of my external hard drives for sure!!!

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    It's pretty funny to see now how many people preorder the game (or will buy shortly after release) considering all the bashing R* got for the many delays. :D

I for one always knew I would get this game no matter what and I have a feeling that the game will be a pretty big success on PC (of course, not as big as on consoles, but still far more than what R* gave the PC community credit for) as well and it was worth the long wait, if the optimization and overall visual enhancements live up to the expectations. And from what we have seen so far, chances are pretty damn good.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Sounds like a very well optimised game but not that surprising considering how good a "port" and how well Max Payne 3 ran. I will be happy to be able to play this game pretty much maxed out at 1920x1200 with an average framerate of around 45 fps. Seems like the delay was worth it after all?

6. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    55% on both cards is not good scaling at all. Yes the load is being shared equally but at 55% both cards are only working at half as what they should be. A good scaling game should have both GPU's being used upwards of 75%. With both GPUs at 55% that's only giving 110% in total, so just 10% extra performance. If the GPUs are being worked at 75% each or higher, then that's 150% so a 50% increase in performance minimum.

7. Ranger x

Ranger x Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 Amp Ex @2075
    I hope I will be able to run this game @ 1440P high to ultra settings with no AA, 60 + FPS.....:banana:

8. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    http://www.jeuxactu.com/gta-5-mazette-on-y-a-joue-sur-pc-en-4k-98126.htm

:)

9. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Confirmed by Rockstar dev, 1080p 60 FPS high settings for recommended specs.

10. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I dont quite agree with his explanation, but gpu load % has nothing to do with scaling - him having 55% gpu load is likely due to using v-sync, OR being cpu bottlenecked.

Basically good scaling is rated upon the fps increase nr 2 Card gives over Card nr 1.

So lets take two scenarios:

Game runs at 40 fps with 1 Card, and 60 fps with two Cards = 50% scaling which is bad

Game runs at 40 fps with 1 Card, and 75 fps with two Cards = 87,5% scaling which is good

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    45 avg? you got an 980, it will fly on your rig 60+ fps easily.

12. Crowbar

Crowbar Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Good to hear, then I should probably expect 60fps on Ultra settings at 1080p.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'll be happy with 60ish fps on high settings, no AA. I expect I'll have to drag a few sliders to the left, too.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Awesome i just looked into NVIDIA Inspector, GTAV already has an SLI profile. :banana:

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    My understanding was that usage only goes up when the gpus are required to do more work and that scaling good or bad is down to how evenly the work load is shared.

Nvidia Website

Bottle necking by the cpu needs to be taken into account also.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Nice, I also expect a new WHQL driver to come out for GTA V, that will perhaps have some sort of performance boost along the SLI profile.

17. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Well, when i meantion scaling, i dont Refer to how well the computer can scale with multiple gpu's (as in if it is bottlenecked by the cpu, and therefore can only load the gpu's 60%), but rather, what is the most extra fps you can get from an additional gpu, in a unbottlenecked scenario. And that varies greatly from game to game.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thats cool, im just saying that its another thing that needs to be taken into account. along with engine limitations yada yada..

There is no perfect scenario with sli/cf.

19. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Yeha, we're getting Game Ready drivers with GTA V

20. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Check again, yes there is aprofile (with a sli flag) with most settings at default(as basic profile), not even the undefined are there yet,I presume they will change/add some stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.