Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukiboss

lukiboss Member

GPU:
    3650 mobility
    Im gonna buy PS4 just for this game.

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    That is exactly what a friend did, and I tried it out and it's quite nice. Too bad it's capped at 30 FPS but it's 30 FPS -all the time- (at least when I played it) and it's really smooth because of that. The only downside was the big loading time while connecting to gta online for some reason...

3. chimchim

chimchim Banned

GPU:
    nothing
    I lol'd

4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700XT Raw II
    And I lol at your ignorance.
    Its quite sad how many newbies are always jerks around here.

5. chimchim

chimchim Banned

GPU:
    nothing
    :rolleyes:

It's clearly a wum you weapon

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Because the on line part of the game has made racing a much larger part of the game and racing is where you need to know that your car is going to handle in a consistent and predictable fashion. The cars in GTA 5 just don't do this.

The issue is easy to pinpoint, the cars just do not behave correctly over bumps, it's like gravity has a fractional effect on vehicles.

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    The gta 5 runs at 60fps that they released was on a super high end pc though, so it will be fine with time on 30

8. Marco Borsato

Marco Borsato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I hope support won't mean a profile which disables the second card. This game has been delayed long enough.

10. Goldie

Goldie Banned

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    for sure.
    so long as it brings something new to the table, 1st person view means i'm gonna pre-order it though.
    i'd upgrade for it though asap if sli support was massively broken, tbh i'd need to with two mid range, i'll have to soon anyways. my witcher3 rig lol. haha

11. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Please do not order it on this fact, the 1st person view is a nice addition but in practice it is awful, really really horrible. The character movement feels clunky at the best of times, the auto aim seems to be butchered to a degree, cover just plain fails, it's hard to judge position and weather you character is in a cover position or weather they are just standing near the edge of a wall or object.

The driving works for the most part, flying doesn't, especially racing as it's impossible to look down if you happen to be flying above a marker and shooting while driving is just a no go.

They have made an effort but you will just end playing in third person view as everything just works better

12. Goldie

Goldie Banned

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    pc version though may work, and it'll be without auto-aim, but sure i've heard it said using both are good, 3rd person lets you see more though.
    may be a useful dynamic.

13. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
  14. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Yes I agree it may well work, oh not the version that Rockstar gives us, if the last year and a bit has proven anything Rockstar don't really have a clue what they are doing when it comes to actually fixing fundamentally broken aspects of their game, driving deathmatches, matchmaking and heists and layer upon layer of DLC that adds content but fixes very little have proven this, if the modding community gets hold of it though, yeah it could be made to work.

As it is just now though when a game is designed to be played first person everything is designed around that fact, the levels, the viewing perspective the way the character moves the way the controls work and how your input relates to the movement of the character. What FP in GTA feels like is third person view just with the camera stuck to the middle of your characters head.

Their is one move that shows just how bad it really is, the combat roll. In third person, it is an effective dodge technique that allows you to dodge an enemies attack and put you in to an effective instant counter attack move. In FP mode it is the most disorientating mess of world twisting stomach wrenching non sense you will encounter and actually leaves you worse off vs another player than if you had just stood your ground.

15. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    We're less then a month from the release and still no specs or pre-order or gameplay? Rockstar lul.

16. Goldie

Goldie Banned

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    cheers man.

i too am starting to worry slightly about it getting yet another delay, wonder if it'll be bundled with the 960s?

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Tbh, if it is delayed again then i'll be saving it for a steam sale in the 10 - 20 dollar region. Not interested in giving rockstar or any dev/pub the idea that i think its appropriate to delay pc versions till last and pay full price for it even more so when they took care of the PS4 and X1 remastered versions first, the game is over a year old now and I could be wrong here, but im pretty sure the PC was around before the PS4 and X1. Much rather support developers who arent taking the piss, like Konami and MGS.

Had some decent fun with it on the ps3 and ps4, at the point now where its probably only going to be something I pick up if and when a new enb arrives, as gameplay wise I've had all the fun I can with it and am now no longer hyped for the PC version.

18. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    If NorthAm market thinking twice not eating first(if you know what i mean) then all devs will be more responsible for their product.NA market is like a sponge,take and eat everything you throw them.

But this will not happend very soon,unfortunatelly. :(

Well still last chance for R* to show us,PC users,how is made a good game.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  19. max883

max883 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 780Ti SLi
    Rockstar forum: Game has ben delayed to mars 16. :(

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    False alert..

Thread Status: