Gran Turismo 7

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2020.

1. BlindBison

BlindBison Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    I love graphics, but we are at the point now where I worry more attention is going into the graphics than into tangible gameplay improvements. Gran Turisom has had crappy AI (and honestly most games do) for many many years as you say. I love the new graphics but if I have to choose between GT6 graphics with good AI or GT7 graphics with crappy AI I'll pick the former.

Man, looking back I really miss that simulation heavy era of Far Cry 2/Crysis/Fear. The AI in Fear, Killzone 2, and Halo 3 still represent more or less the peaks that I've seen thinking off the top of my head. Shame we haven't gone further than that after all this time.

Racing games seem to often have some pretty terrible AI once you figure out how it works. Unrelated, but since I'm thinking back oh what I'd give for a native PC version of Killzone 2 with modern TAA and proper ambient occlusion.

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Well, after reading this, my hopes had been improved...shame it didn't make any difference.

Don't believe the hype.

BlindBison likes this.
  3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Some of us were already expecting this...

Keitosha and XP-200 like this.
  4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    They decreased money prizes?

That´s lame.

5. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Yep. They cut the prizes players got from winning races. Some, to half.
    So it takes more grinding to buy cars.

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Nice to see that they have gone full r*tard with the online part as well. Start the game to find it needs updated, start the game and get a notice that can be summed up as 'we screwed the pooch with the latest patch so have opted to extended the maintenance period' meaning I now have to wait five minutes just for the f*cking game to start and when it does finally start I have access to nothing but some stupid quick race all because this bunch of useless d*cks can't get a patch done correctly. It's simple if your game requires an constant online connection you make sure it works and works EVERY single time and if you can;t do that then you make sure that it works fully offline.... but then I guess they wouldn't want folk using save editors to get round their BS microtransactions.

Whatever the case Polyphony have just won a spot on the never buy from again list.

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Never buy at launch and never pre order, a simple rule of thumb when it comes to the cesspit that is today's gaming industry.

8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Ironically this is a repeat of the launch of GTSport, yet it seems gamers just don't learn, who would have thought. lol

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I don't get why this needs DRM at all tbh.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    So they can push/sell MTs...

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The same thing happens in F1 races all the time.

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    In GT7 ? or, RL?

I honestly cannot remember which version of GT had F1 type of cars...I seem to remember a sup'd up mega car of some kind on my PS3 with a test track...I miss my PS3 sometimes, GT5 on there had nice handling...I think all I ever did was play split-screen with friends on the 'ring.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    This has aged like a fine dairy product. lol

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    GT1 or 2 had F1 cars. I was thinking more about RL. Even humans stick to their own racing lines and refuse to give way on corners or tight turns.

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Ah, so RL...yeah, I still think that if your computer game is the only racing game where the AI sticks to a f'king TRAIN TRACK for going around a circuit, and, is also the only racing game that does not change its racing line, and will simply SLAM into the player - it might be something to look into and, y'know, CHANGE!

It's been like this for decades 'man! The AI is TOTAL $HIT and has never been changed!

Watching people play this game on twitch is painful, as I just know the AI is not going to move out of the way, and, will slam into the person on twitch and their reaction is always the same "WTF!"

No other racing game does this! How can AI this bad still be in the game code after all this time???!?!?!!?!

Wasted opportunity with the PS5, I think. It didn't have to be like this.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Metacritic users rated it 2.5 average atm.
    Seems that the community is also not happy about it. Raising prices on the cars after the latest patch, microtransactions, online DRM (and being offline for more then 24hrs) is the main cause.

Lets hope Sony will listen and see this is not the way gamers want to be treated.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I hear people are raging about them lower the credit rewards and push micro transations after the last patch most kind of them purposely increase the grind

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    There isn't really any way to make it better. AI has pathfinding to get around the track without crashing. That's all it needs.

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    dude, there are people using blueprints for the very first time on ue4 and ue5 coming up with better AI than this :)