Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    £159 here for the collectors edition.

£100 more for a book, wallet, toy car, and entry into a competiton?

**** no lol

2. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    Signature Edition? And usb key, key fob, 5 add-on cars, metal box, another gt5 book.

3. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i can't see how its worth the price honestly, i don't see it ever gaining value nor does anything but the book even useful to be worth having. I considered it for a while then just preoredered the regular. you know those add on cars will be generic, or rarely driven, probably scrapped from their original list.

4. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I just want tyhe book the other crap is useless. I will give the car to my two year old to destroy! Lol!

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Uhm ... i think Sony is getting funny ideas. 160 pounds for a game? Its a long fall from a high horse. ;)

I'd just wait until somebody uploads scans of that magazine and go for the normal version.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    what are you guys smoking? It's only £60, so what, £20 more than the normal version... I hear that the American version of Apex will have 300+ pages, rest of the world version 200+ pages.

7. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Not yet, still thinking about it as GT5 is the only game I would play on it. Does the PS3 slim output audio from the A/V connection if you have the HDMI plugged in? I would use it with my monitor via DVI but I'd still need audio from the A/V port.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    not sure mate, but lemme think about it, I'm pretty sure you can setup your video to be output via hdmi and then the sound you setup separately in the options... lemme have a quick look...

Right, from what I gather by going through the options, you can have video and audio output separately, you can select hdmi for video and hdmi, optical or av mutli/scart for sound, so I guess you can have them separate!

9. morbias

GPU:
    -
    Cheers for checking that out, so close to clicking the buy button :)

Play.com have the 320GB slim + GT5 collectors edition for £284.99, not bad but when I consider it's probably going to be the only game I ever use it for it looks not so good lol
    Plus I'm not entirely sure it will work properly with my wheel, which would suck.

10. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I only got a PS3 for GT5 too, so I opted for a used Slim. Got a 120GB one for £180 with 6 months warranty. Now just need to pre order GT5 so another £35.

And yeah you can have multiple sources of audio all at once if you wish.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Getting a PS3 just for GT5 seems excessive, but im sure you can find other excuses to justify it.

Games like the Uncharted series, MGS4 and Heavy Rain are excellent, and if you don't have a Bluray player, then its also pretty good at that.

Yeah, its fine using HDMI for video, and audio seperate, that is how i run it as i don't have an HDMI receiver yet.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    or you could just go to your local CEX and get your ps3 from there, you still have one in Southampton don't you? They'll sort you out with warranty and everything you need. I bought mine there, it was a 40gb phat and it came with a year's warranty, it still works as good as new 2 years or something later. You can get a 120gb slim for around £200...

then just... oh actually, scrap it, by the time you add another 60 for the game you're only saving yourself like 20 quid and you'd be getting a new 320gb slim for that price, that's pretty cool actually...

You have a DFP right? That will work flawlessly I'm sure, mine does with GT5P, not a single problem mate... up to you, I know how much I'd be tempted if I was in your shoes... You can maybe wait and see if it's actually that good or if it was all hype... read a few reviews, check out some youtube footage once it's out and then decide... but it'll probably be the most complete racing game to date...

EDIT: If you need to raise cash mate, and have a spare 22+ monitor knocking around, I'll take it off you :)

13. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    It may seem excessive but then my GF will be using it to play other games and I plan to stick all my movies on it too so she can watch them from there if I'm gaming on the PC which up to now was used as a HTPC too.

So it will have it's uses just for my self GT5 was the only justification I needed to get it.. and the 360 broke so the decisions was made by MS ****ty warranty running out and could not put up with the GF getting in the way of my PC gaming because the damn console craped out ;)

14. morbias

GPU:
    -
    Damn you guys, talked me into it - I just ordered it from Amazon :p

And I have a new wheel now Rob, got a Fanatec 911 Turbo S with clubsport pedals, though I do still have the DFP as I'm lazy and can't be assed to put it on ebay :)

Good point, I could definitely do with a blu-ray player, and I totally forgot about Heavy Rain.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Heavy rain mate, great game, also check out Uncharted 2 and MGS4, MGS4 is for me anyway the best game ever... Congrats on the purchase and can't wait to play you online matey! :)

PS - that wheel should definitely work with the game problem free!

16. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
  17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Hard to judge visual quality on such low quality video's, really should be about time we get some realtime 720p footage, kinda had enough of all the video camera filmed crap.

Have to say though, even in 360p, though that could be making it look better, but the rain looks outstanding, and very realistic, slightly over the top though, unless those are the worse wipers ever:wanker:

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well, I've played Prologue... so I know what it will be like... just add nice new effects, better sound and new game modes... bliss.

19. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Eclap

I think it'll be alot better then prologue, even though that was excellent.

Day to night driving, awesome rain fx, damage, better physics then gt5p. Improved everything.

Was thinking of getting that stand the folds up etc, looks pretty cool, boodikon mentioned it to me.

Either way, GT5 i want now.

20. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It better be alot better than Prologue lol, not saying that wasn't great, but visually it was rough, and felt like half a game, but im expecting alot of improvements, and this to last me well into next year.

Top Gear track should keep me occupied a while though, as will trying out every car before deciding on my favourites, just wish i had the spare cash for a G27, will have to either fix the G25, or make do with the DFGT :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.