Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    LOL out of PVC pipe? I find that strangely odd for some reason. :p
    I'm considering aluminum but it may cost a pretty penny with seat purchase. Keep us posted on how it turns out, especially the strength of the frame. I just can't imagine the frame being too strong since PVC will bend at length & shatter with impact especially in the cold, though being in a house I'm sure that won't be an issue.

2. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    yea having the tv mounted on the pvc frame aint such a good idea. but i may be wrong.

3. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Luckily its an already proven design. There are different grades of pvc. This is 2" internal pvc with 5mm+ sidewalls. Im 250lbs and I can jump on it with all of my force and it wont bend or shatter. google simul8r pvc if you want to find the forum and threads on the design, even gtplanet has a whole pvc cockpit section. No squeaks, cheap, paints easily to look like a roll cage.

4. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    ok im convinced. so how much u spending on materials? pvc and pvc glue i guess right? maybe some u-bolts to bolt the surface for shifter and wheel. ive always wanted a cokpit but the most ive done is mode my desk chair and desk to be in confortable driving position. still not the same as a cokpit like the one u building.

btw U can add a bass-shaker to add some rumble-shaking to the chair or the whole cokpit so U can feel the curbs and the engine.

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Man i cant wait for this game, looks for smooooth.

7. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    You got it, several people use junkyard seats and metal rails so the butt kicker (bass shaker stuff) will mount. U bolts go around the 2 tee's to hold the wood in place. PVC is cheap, youll spend about 60-75 bucks for the pvc and fittings. Dont use pcv glue, dries to quickly and since you have to have it just right, use liquid nails, goop it up, and that way you have time to adjust it all the way you need it (then obviously let it dry). No squeaks, strong..cheap diy project (but does take time).

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Anyone else got an email from Play.com? I did and it said the game's been delayed till the 3rd of November :(

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    2 things about that video... It still takes the driver far to long to reach from the wheel to the gear stick and back, even I shift gears faster than that driving my Mondeo... the other thing being terrible shadows all over the place, mostly noticeable on the dashboard between the 2nd Lesmo and Ascari ...... it's like driving through a field of strobe lights!

EDIT: Oh, one more thing, the driver is clearly a retard, even my grandma would take the parabolica better than that!!!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  10. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Yes the release date for the all of europe is the 3rd of November, it was officially announced Monday(maybe tuesday) I believe. USA gets it the 2nd...which by the time difference isnt all that sooner.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    until they put it back again...

12. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    lots of new vids and news over at gtplanet..

13. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
  14. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i don't understand why some people gets so riled up over the damage. 'coz for me if it doesn't affect how the car performs (i.e. just cosmetic damages) then it means nothing and wouldn't be at all different if damage wasn't put in the game.

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    ya cosmetic damage screams for pointless races ove the internets. :< goddamn forza and hoppers. they raved about mp and the settings and what they gave us was HOPPERS ffs which meant cosmetic damage in most races which meant crap.

But GT5 seems to be nice well ps3 here i come in 2011 since i don't have the money nao D;

16. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    exactly. i don't get this people who are actually (and lucky by the way) able to play the demos on various parts of the world which then tries to wreck the car the best they could then bitch about not having enough changes on the car's body.

it's just like the 3D feature, another thing i could care less about...

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
  18. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    The damage is turned way down on the demo's (cosmetic only and low damage) so people can enjoy the demo. The man himself says you will be able to smash the nascars into a thousand pieces. Honestly, I use the game as therapy because of the beautiful cars and replays on cars I will never own...I dont even want damage at all.

19. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    I just ordered a g25! BIG SMILES! Once it arrives and I put the finishing touches on my cockpit setup Ill post some pics of mine. Which will probally change in the next few weeks lol. Honestly Im so friggin excited to have damage. As much as I dont wanna wrecked such beautiful cars, at the same time i wanna just to see what I can with them in the game. Its gonna be wicked driving cars with the clutch and six speed shifter. It does suck how some cars dont support because they are semi auto, auto, or paddle shift cars in real life. Rally is gonna be amazing too. Im super pumped and damn its only august. Game comes out right before my bday as long as we dont have another delay! knocks on wooden desk at work.

20. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    congrats on the g25. I just got the driving force GT at christmas so Im stuck with it till she dies (shes a good wheel so Im not sad), but when she passes the way of the wheel I will upgrade to something with a clutch. I even built my rig to accommodate the shifter (you never know what pops up on craigslist sometimes)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.